Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I vote to keep it. One lonely voice. Who's with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Seconding removal of home side bias

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Dirty Frank posted:

I vote to keep it. One lonely voice. Who's with me?

i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im the silent majority. my vote is worth a thousand non-silent minorities. that's how nixon got elected twice

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im the silent majority. my vote is worth a thousand non-silent minorities. that's how nixon got elected twice

Yes brother! Together we can elect nixon again! 4000 glorious years!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Remove

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Remove

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Remove, please. I want our team to win something before the playoffs!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I have placed the entirety of my money on Spooky Scary Skeletons against The Plump Helmets, what sort of madman am I?! Everyone should take my money by betting against me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I bet my entire savings on some fight. Dont loving know but it is like 4700 to 200 now...

No one else bet plz. I need money.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

jon joe posted:

I have placed the entirety of my money on Spooky Scary Skeletons against The Plump Helmets, what sort of madman am I?! Everyone should take my money by betting against me.

They have a better chance than A Tarantino Film at least. Part of it hinges on if that bowbold shows up with his game face on.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've removed home arena advantage for the interdivisional matches in rounds 4 through 15.

The intradivisional matches in rounds 16 through 18 will still feature teams making visits to the teams they hosted in rounds 1 to 3, and vice versa, as it would be unfair to have to be the visitor without a corresponding opportunity to be at home.

Also, the next round is unlocked and the commissioners may now run fights for round 4! :black101:

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

When do we get the next injection of points for our fighters?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you mean for the last round, you missed it.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Afriscipio posted:

When do we get the next injection of points for our fighters?

I think as long as you visit/bet you should be okay. Humans get around 48 a round, so it might not be the most noticeable thing.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Not that I don't like taking your money, but why are you always betting against your own team, Coward?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

jon joe posted:

Not that I don't like taking your money, but why are you always betting against your own team, Coward?

Watch the archer take a dive.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
he cleverly sold all his skills/equipment to win big in the betting arena

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

jon joe posted:

Because I take the thought of our team losing SO BADLY that only winning a pittance of fake money on a joke website can assuage the yawning pit of despair in my soul. And I think it's funny.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
That, and since I always go all in on our side, it keeps a share of money in house no matter what happens.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

That, and since I always go all in on our side, it keeps a share of money in house no matter what happens.

Makes sense.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Even tithin doesn't think his Spooky Scary Skeletons can win. What is the world coming to when bone bros divide?

On the other hand I'll be going from 7,000 to 18,000 dorfbux when they win, so eh! :shrug:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm only betting on this one because I always bet on my own team. Make of it what you will. :v:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

my dad posted:

I'm only betting on this one because I always bet on my own team. Make of it what you will. :v:

I make of it that my dad is an upstanding citizen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm not looking forward to this:

This Bites
Knife Toseeu, a female Strangler fighter managed by me.
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel, a male Elf fighter managed by Keru.
Roland Gorchnik, a male Human fighter managed by Maarak.
Eyeteeth IV, a male Werewolf fighter managed by Revenant Threshold.

This Bites has a record of no victories and 3 losses.

VS

Go big and/or go home
Snowshank Redemption, a male Yeti fighter managed by A good poster.
Tyler Durden is Hobbes, a male Tigerman fighter managed by Iunnrais.
3 Wolf Moon Shirt, a male Werewolf fighter managed by iLonie.
Slam Whale Willy, a male Werewolf fighter managed by potatomanjack.

Go big and/or go home has a record of 2 victories and 1 loss.

:cry:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

I'm not looking forward to this:

This Bites
Knife Toseeu, a female Strangler fighter managed by me.
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel, a male Elf fighter managed by Keru.
Roland Gorchnik, a male Human fighter managed by Maarak.
Eyeteeth IV, a male Werewolf fighter managed by Revenant Threshold.

This Bites has a record of no victories and 3 losses.

VS

Go big and/or go home
Snowshank Redemption, a male Yeti fighter managed by A good poster.
Tyler Durden is Hobbes, a male Tigerman fighter managed by Iunnrais.
3 Wolf Moon Shirt, a male Werewolf fighter managed by iLonie.
Slam Whale Willy, a male Werewolf fighter managed by potatomanjack.

Go big and/or go home has a record of 2 victories and 1 loss.

:cry:

Maybe your secret tech of a punching elf and a werewolf dual-wielding shields will pull this one out.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I don't know about the rest of my team, but I am pleased to be absolutely useless in a fight.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Ramc posted:

That fight log is especially brutal. Jesus christ, Josie.

I've been running test fights during the dry spell, more or less guessing at skill loadouts. Josie is a monster. Her kills would be higher if she didn't prefer maiming combatants to finishing them.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 4, Fight 1 :siren:

Go big and/or go home is on the left side of the arena.
Snowshank Redemption (A good poster) is a male yeti. He wields a copper large dagger and wears an iron mail shirt.
Tyler Durden is Hobbes (Iunnrais) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears leather armor.
3 Wolf Moon Shirt (iLonie) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron two-handed sword and wears a leather cap, leather armor, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Slam Whale Willy (potatomanjack) is a male werewolf. He wields a silver mace and a wooden buckler and wears a leather cap, a copper mail shirt, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.

This Bites is on the right side of the arena.
Knife Toseeu (synthorange) is a female strangler. She wields a copper large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears no armor.
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel (Keru) is a male elf. He is empty handed and wears a steel cap, a copper mail shirt, a silver breast plate, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Roland Gorchnik (Maarak) is a male human. He wields a copper whip and a copper scourge and wears an iron cap, leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Eyeteeth IV (Revenant Threshold) is a male werewolf. He wields a wooden buckler and a wooden buckler and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.

Go big and/or go home is a 2.71 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 4375.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1616.00 dwarfbucks for This Bites.

The gladiators charge and for once Sun Tzu doesn't run out in front and get slammed. The teams advanced in a near-perfect line and begin dueling. Slam Whale Willy bashes Roland in the guts while Tyler Durden the tiger punches Knife Toseeu the strangler in the ear. The stranglers ear is crushed, blood flies across the arena. Knife Toseeu doesn't take no poo poo and stabs the large tiger in the arm so hard that bone fractures. Roland sees an opportunity to hit Tyler Durden and he takes full advantage by lashing him in the chest, breaking ribs, and causing the tigerman to pass out from pain.

Two gladiators (Roland and Knife Toseeu) smash away at the prone tigerman while SnowShank attacks them from behind. He manages to bruise, but nothing more. Sun Tzulander blindsides the huge yeti with a left hook to the face. Down goes the yeti! The home team is really getting bent over here.

Slam Whale Willy, the werewolf with a mace, smashes Roland's shoulder to hell, but Roland continues to swing at the downed tigerman. One more lash and Tyler Durden is no more. Just in time too, since Slam Whale Willy's next attack breaks Rolands leg and sends him to the floor unconscious.

At the same time in the werewolf duel down south 3 Wolf Moon finally gets the better of Eyeteeth and takes off his hand with a swipe of his huge sword.

Slam Whale Willy swings twice and finally cracks Rolands head wide open. Eyeteeth's arm is diced open by 3 Wolf Moon. Knife Toseeu and Sun Tzulander continue to pound at the downed Snowshank. It really looks like the home team has a good chance now. It's 2v3, and one of the 3 is bleeding, faint, and in massive amounts of pain.

And I spoke too soon like an idiot. Eyeteeth charges Slam Whale Willy, sending him to the floor stunned. Knife Toseeu disregards the knife in his hand and instead bites the werewolf's hand. He shakes violently while Sun Tzulander punches the werewolf. Knife Toseeu releases the hand in his mouth and stabs his knife clean through Slam Whale Willy's arm. Down goes Slam Whale Willy. Sun Tzu and Eyeteeth attack the downed werewolf immediately, but Knife Toseeu keeps his wits around him and leaps at 3 Wolf Moon dagger first. The last remaining werewolf on the home team looks surprised for a moment before Knife Toseeu's dagger slams into his face. Down goes 3 Wolf Moon.

And now it's just cleanup. Knife Tosseu uses his dagger to good effect.

And then he turns on the yeti who takes a beating before finally succumbing to a dagger in the head.

Winners: This Bites
Roland Gorchnik: 1
Knife Toseeu: 3

Slam Whale Willy: 1

Combat Log

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i knew my strategy of betting on all the underdogs would pay off

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Holy poo poo, now that is a FIGHT. Did Roland swap out his pretty shirt for actual armament? Congrats.

Edit: And look at Little Mac here...

quote:

Sun Tzulander_BITES punches Snowshank_BIG in the head with his left hand, bruising the muscle!
Snowshank_BIG has been knocked unconscious!
Snowshank_BIG falls over.

Sun Tzulander_BITES punches Snowshank_BIG in the head with his left hand, bruising the muscle!
Sun Tzulander_BITES punches Snowshank_BIG in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle!
Sun Tzulander_BITES punches Snowshank_BIG in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle!
This combo continues for about 6 more rounds.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 19, 2015

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Sun Tzulander, holy poo poo. :stare:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Maaaan, I was working on a fight, too!

:siren: Round 4, Fight 6 :siren:

The Plump Helmets is on the left side of the arena.
Dory (my dad) is a female minotaur. She wields a copper spear and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
James LargeSausage (Afriscipio) is a male human. He wields an iron halberd and wears a copper cap, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Ramc) is a female elf. She wields a copper mace and a wooden shield and wears leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Return of Panty Thief (Mr. Vile) is a male yeti. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.

Spooky Scary Skeletons is on the right side of the arena.
Tash Al'rhyn (tithin) is a female werewolf. She wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears a copper mail shirt and leather gauntlets.
Three Gremlins in a Blender (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper cap, copper gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Bad Munki (Coward) is a male kobold. He wields a steel bow and wears a leather cap.
Candy Corn Tiger (Klokwurk) is a male tigerman. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears bronze gauntlets.

The Plump Helmets is a 1.40 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 12310.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 8794.00 dwarfbucks for Spooky Scary Skeletons.

So here's a bit of trivia for you: did you know that the away team's name is actually (spaces replaced by underscores) "Spooky_Scary_Skeletons_"? It's true!

Shot fired, shot hit. Dory has her arm broken by a steel arrow.

The melee begins. Candy Corn stabs Josie in the arm. She loses her shield.

Another shot already? :stare: As it's in the air, James stabs Tash, crushing her ribcage. She's down! The arrow hits Dory again, shredding her liver. She's out as well! That's one member from each team unable to contribute. James follows up, lopping off Tash's head. While his attention was tied up, though, Candy Corn charges him and knocks him back, stunned. The tiger's halberd mangles the human's leg.

Three Gremlins chops off Josie's weapon hand, at the same moment Candy Corn removes James's foot. Where is Panty Thief in all of this? His teammates need him, or their flawless record is likely not to stay so flawless.

Standing apart from the fight, doing nothing, of course! Meanwhile, Three Gremlins lands the killing blow on Dory. That's a kill on each side. Of couse, Candy Corn is pulling apart James. There goes the halberd-holding arm! The Plump Helmets have literally no weapons left between them; James and Josie dropped theirs, and Panty Thief didn't bring one in the first place.

Another shot. Again as it's in the air, a critical blow is struck. Candy Corn dealt James the killing blow. He then whips around and removes Josie's head a split second before Bad Munki's arrow could hit.

Until I checked the log, I thought it was the arrow that had done her in. Now it won't hit anyone. Panty Thief may not have contributed, but he's also not hurt. Can he carry the day? He starts with Three Gremlins, ignoring Candy Corn's ineffective halberd.

Another shot. Again as it's in the air, Panty Thief is struck true. Candy Corn gives him some broken ribs.

Good shot. You didn't even get close, kobold. Candy Corn has to keep at it, instead, breaking Panty Thief's leg. It looks like the beginning of the end. Candy Corn and Three Gremlins continue ripping up Panty Thief, who is not carrying the day so far.

Another shot whiffs. Panty Thief finds Candy Corn's halberd splitting his skull.

Just because you're top dog in your division doesn't mean you're not outmatched by the rest of the teams.

Final Score
The Plump Helmets: 1
Spooky Scary Skeletons: 4

Kills
Candy Corn Tiger: 3
Three Gremlins in a Blender: 1
James LargeSausage: 1

Combat Log

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh well. Win some, lose some.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nice to see archers actually shooting things without dying.

Also, people should be betting against Worse Munki. The odds are currently 1:6 at 1201 : 5958 of bets.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
16,000 dorf bux! I'm rich! Nehehehehehe!:downsbravo:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

Oh well. Win some, lose some.

I figured with all the shields they had a pretty good shot at not just being rushed down, yeah.

EDIT: In the combat log did you name both James AND Josie 'Josie'?

Ramc fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 19, 2015

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Ramc posted:

I figured with all the shields they had a pretty good shot at not just being rushed down, yeah.

EDIT: In the combat log did you name both James AND Josie 'Josie'?

Possibly!

Oh, well; accurate fight logs are for nerds

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I feel our team lost their footing there.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Nice to see archers actually shooting things without dying.

Also, people should be betting against Worse Munki. The odds are currently 1:6 at 1201 : 5958 of bets.

Done! I'm still wary of the Fartstorm, even though he kicked rear end one match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Wowza, those are some upsets. Really wasn't expecting Bites to wreck face like that.