Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx10MYrh4MY

quote:

For starters, I was afraid of the FBI warning screen on VHS tapes.

Why did this creep me out? The logo for the FBI wasn't as fancy as today's version. No, it was black and white and in low definition. It looked like a face to me. Couple that strange little face with the deafening silence (and the low subtle popping the VHS' sound use to make), it did one of two things to me. I either left the room completely, or turned away and covered my eyes. This fear stuck with me into my pre-teen years. It still bothers the hell out of me and makes me feel like a Screamer is about to pop up.

quote:

This truck used to come around our neighborhood around the time I went to sleep at night. I think it sprayed something to help kill mosquitoes or something. But all I heard was a low rumbly whirring noise get closer and some flashing lights through the curtains. So yeah I was afraid of the mosquito truck.

quote:

I was afraid of tinnitus . For some reason I didn't twig that it was coming from inside my head and thought it was some kind of emergency broadcast signal that meant you had to stand extremely still until it stopped, which I dutifully did. I have no idea how I got such a stupid idea, or what finally tipped me off

quote:

I was also afraid of my bedroom walls closing in on me at night. There wasn't any sort of claustrophobia, it was those walls and only those walls and only at night. and they wouldn't get past my bed, so I had to stay entirely within my bed.

Then in a mildly-OCD situation, I thought touching the walls with both sides of my hands and mentally setting their speed to zero every night would prevent this this.

quote:

When I was about 3-4 we had a Commodore 64 computer and hundreds of games for it, and although I loved most of the games we had there was one called "Jumpman" which terrified me.

archives warning: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3610116

Daikatana Ritsu

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot
lol

Guess where this lollipop's going?
A Major Fucker

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

lol

I.N.R.I

30 year old depressed gamer goon having ptsd flashbacks when he sees screenshots of donkey kong

pog boyfriend

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)
this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post here is to many more
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some sweet badges :P
can i get a MERI KURISIMASU?! HAPI HANUKA ?! ...ah hell. happy holidays everyone! be sure to drink some "egg" nog in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more fucked up and long. you ever eat a pumpkin? shit is not as easy as it looks.

Anyway to contribute to the thread I was and still am really scared of: the spooky vision from the scary episode of south park, vegetables, the ocean, being shot to death, this flag , the boss fights in SUper Meat Boy, the ghosts from Mario, the frwiggin chemical plant zone in Sonic the Hedgehog (Christ), the Joker, Slenderman, the enemys in Binding of Isaac, the room in castlevania where the demon comes out of the mirror, the hauntedm ansion in final fantasy 6, the gay men in final fantasy 7, the bit where rinoa goes all spooky ghost style in final fantasy 8, practically all of final fantasy 9, yunalesca in final fantasy 10, getting my character hacked in final fantasy 11, cu chulain in final fantasy 12, final fantasy 13 , 13-2 and getting my character hacked in final fantasy 14, and the car in final fantasy 15/.

I.N.R.I

tinnitus_sufferer waits patiently for the transmission to cease

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

CatelynIsAZombie

I.N.R.I posted:

Anyway to contribute to the thread I was and still am really scared of: the spooky vision from the scary episode of south park, vegetables, the ocean, being shot to death, this flag , the boss fights in SUper Meat Boy, the ghosts from Mario, the frwiggin chemical plant zone in Sonic the Hedgehog (Christ), the Joker, Slenderman, the enemys in Binding of Isaac, the room in castlevania where the demon comes out of the mirror, the hauntedm ansion in final fantasy 6, the gay men in final fantasy 7, the bit where rinoa goes all spooky ghost style in final fantasy 8, practically all of final fantasy 9, yunalesca in final fantasy 10, getting my character hacked in final fantasy 11, cu chulain in final fantasy 12, final fantasy 13 , 13-2 and getting my character hacked in final fantasy 14, and the car in final fantasy 15/.

lmao

In Training

A FUCKIN BONG BOMB

-The episode of ren and stimpy where ren threatens to kill stimpy in detailed, vicious ways. hosed me right up as a kid.
-The episode of courage the cowardly dog with the 3d ghost. Yowch.
-The "Sabrina" episode of pokémon. This was sooo dark for a kids show.
-Hey arnold, self-explanatory
-treehouse of horror III
-treehouse of horror IV
-treehouse of horror V
-treehouse of horror VI
-treehouse of horror VII
-treehouse of horror VIII

yeah actually they will
1. Ghosts. loving hell.
2. Zombies. poo poo.
3. Mummies. Christ.
4. Demons. Holy gently caress.
5. Clowns. Jesus.
6. Dead bodies. Are you loving kidding me.

I.N.R.I

-The sonic drowning music. I mean, holy poo poo!
-Mario drowning in super mario 64. Seeing him go all limp... just... eurgh. And then, the face of bowser.
-Getting a game over in Zelda II. Nightmare fuel
-Seeing two hands quickly move apart, to reveal an adult's face, which yells "Peek a boo" before retreating behind the hands once again

yeah actually they will
lets get real for a secind here guys, were all laughing at these guys cause theyre scared and stuff, but who hasnt gotten ac ase of the heebie jeebies when a large spider they tried to get rolls a successful THAC and scampers off elsewhere in the house. gently caress, criticial fail!??

Debate Me Please
lmfao

Future Virgin

I.N.R.I posted:

1. Ghosts. loving hell.
2. Zombies. poo poo.
3. Mummies. Christ.
5. Clowns. Jesus.

Lope burgs again

Surprisingly Dope

thanks to catdynamtie

-the video of the zelda hack but theres a youtueb description saying its actually a dead kid soul instead of a zelda hack

Guess where this lollipop's going?

anne frank fanfic

anne frank fanfic posted:

-the video of the zelda hack but theres a youtueb description saying its actually a dead kid soul instead of a zelda hack

pog boyfriend

POP TEAM EPIC

thank you dendy(old summer sig)
this is what gets the bacon these days
i hope you enjoyed my post here is to many more
99.99% of teenagers have moved on to "music" like rap, rock, techno, etc. if you are still one of the 0.01% that still listen to welsh court music put this in your sig i do not have a new autumn sig so instead i am pimping my wide with some sweet badges :P
can i get a MERI KURISIMASU?! HAPI HANUKA ?! ...ah hell. happy holidays everyone! be sure to drink some "egg" nog in a way the increaseing length of this signature could be said to be a reflection of time passing. as trees gain more rings, so to does this signature become more fucked up and long. you ever eat a pumpkin? shit is not as easy as it looks.

It looked like a face to me. - me looking at barnacke jim lol

serious norman

凸[◣_◢]凸UNBAN CHIPE凸[◣_◢]凸 put this in your sig if you support FYAD凸[◣_◢]凸

I.N.R.I posted:

1. Ghosts. loving hell.
2. Zombies. poo poo.
3. Mummies. Christ.
5. Clowns. Jesus.

serious norman

OTHER people farting in the work bathrooms make me scream sometimes, if its a loud one that echos out the toilet bowl or if its from someone peeing at the urinal (rude)

Nutmeg
-the sound a vhs player makes
-the creepy sound a dvd player makes
-the angry sounding fan on the playstation 4

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

CatelynIsAZombie

my 33k6 modem.

serious norman

serious norman

no they will not posted:

-The sonic drowning music. I mean, holy poo poo!
-Mario drowning in super mario 64. Seeing him go all limp... just... eurgh. And then, the face of bowser.
-Getting a game over in Zelda II. Nightmare fuel
-Seeing two hands quickly move apart, to reveal an adult's face, which yells "Peek a boo" before retreating behind the hands once again

lol

Wizard Master

----------------

- Being too close to fireworks.
- Being alone in confined spaces.
- The horrible omnious droning sound that a hoover makes.
- Other, bigger dogs.

I.N.R.I

i was scared of the ooga booga (monster made out of bugs) in the nightmare before christmas

lonely hero man sitting on the crest of the apocalypse
and our boy says something like, "uhhhh…..hey, sir"
MY NIGGA D-LINK

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grandmother of Five

mosquito truck

Chilled Cactus
im scared of candles

little munchkin

----------------

my older brothers friend lorenzo, x-files theme song, tom's diner by suzanne vega, dads iron maiden shirt, mortal kombat fatalities, chuckie the killer doll commercial , "im not tommy" scene from rugratz. yikes

by Lowtax

general anime

----------------

when you accidentally download a virus and it scares the crap out of you so you jump up to delete it real quick before they can look at you through your webcam but your pants slip down a little and as youre pulling them back up your mom sees you and thinks that you were jacking off

by R. Guyovich

Angry Bastard

----------------

Angry Bastard posted:

when you accidentally download a virus and it scares the crap out of you so you jump up to delete it real quick before they can look at you through your webcam but your pants slip down a little and as youre pulling them back up your mom sees you and thinks that you were jacking off

Oh Don Piano

Angry Bastard posted:

BoastfulVirus

Angry Bastard posted:

trying to jack off
warcraft ii death knights: always felt like these guys were up to something
black mana: extremely frightening
the knock-off goosebumps books where the author's name is M T Crypt and you know it made up but the author photo on the back has him holding a skull:

i'm good
Sticky Beethoven

metallica lyrics

Angry Bastard posted:

by Lowtax

general anime

----------------

2 Kings 2:24 (NIV)

by Lowtax

general anime

----------------

episode of rugrats where tommy got sick and saW squigglies

Probation
Can't post for 2857 days!

Amorphous Blob

----------------

anne frank fanfic posted:

hahaha

ddinkins
after gooncamp 2k4, the goonbumps come back to pay me a visit every 6-8 months

Kak

ADBOT LOVES YOU
Adbot

Angry Bastard posted:

serious norman

• Locked thread
«2 »