Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
A couple of you may remember my buddy Reggie (archives needed) that I posted about last year. After getting two teeth removed in October '14, he was a happy yet aging cat who was enjoying bossing me around for turkey coldcuts, butt-scratches, and praise for learning that he could drink from a dripping bathroom sink faucet.

He was slowing down due to being over 14 years old, and facing a possible diagnosis of oral squamous cell carcinoma. I chose not to subject him to surgery due to his advanced age and the risks of injury/infection as well as the risk of recurrence, so I just spoiled the hell out of him every chance I got. I came home from work one night in June and when I opened the door and didn't hear or see him immediately my first thought was "poo poo, the cat's dead, I have to find him". He died doing what he loved, scratching the poo poo out of the old couch in my sunroom. RIP Reggie, (2001ish-2015). He spent his last night on earth killing and eating a palmetto bug then getting head-scratches while I watched Game of Thrones; a good cat.

I spent my home time sitting around in a way-too-quiet house by myself for a month and decided it was time to hit my local shelter for a new roomie. I knew I didn't want a kitten, but I also didn't want another "senior" cat (I adopted Reggie when he was 8 years old in 2009) because going through the dead pet thing is soul-wrenching. The shelter folks took me to a room with about 30 cats, but only one immediately perked up and started walking back and forth at the front of his cage BEGGING for me to interact with him. He was a big orange cat, three years old, and he'd been in a home for less than a week before his most recent owner had to give him up due to moving to a nursing home. Also, someone else before that had declawed him (bastards) and I knew that he'd be an indoors-only cat in my house so he'd be safe with me.

That is how I chose Oscar. Here he is minutes after scent-marking every corner of the house:

Here he is less than an hour later, atop my couch:

And a couple hours after that, deciding my chest would be a fine place to take a nap:

What I'm trying to say here is orange cats are the best in the world and I will fight you if you disagree. Please post pictures of your orange cats to spread the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

And a couple hours after that, deciding my chest would be a fine place to take a nap:

What I'm trying to say here is orange cats are the best in the world and I will fight you if you disagree. Please post pictures of your orange cats to spread the word.

That's not a house cat. That's a lion.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Nah, still just a normal, lazy housecat, see?

Until he hears something outside that he thinks he can stare to death.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

My cat is orange.

Gwamp
Apr 18, 2003

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo,
My orange cat is...special. Here he is engaged is some form of worship.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
Lyra, Griffin, and some guy sleeping on my couch.

Griffin doing his best to be cute as all h*ck

Here he's trying to eat my coffee stuff. Cut it out, kitty.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I've never had an orange cat but all orange cats I've met have been fuckin' amazing.

I like your cats.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

My family has a rule guideline of only getting orange cats.

My Thatcher, who was my childhood buddy. He was originally a Christmas gift to my mom:

RIP to the best cat in the world

My sister's cats:

Shoes:

Beemo:

Beemo loves foster kittens :3:

...but when foster kittens aren't available, he loves Shoes, too.

edit:

This is Shoes's sister, Pokey, who belongs to my aunt.

They also had a brother, Jack, who also belonged to my aunt and was short-haired. A few years ago, he mysteriously dropped dead. :(

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 20, 2015

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

All of your orange cats are awesome, floofy or otherwise.

Here is Oscar very agitated about a bug on the ceiling that he can't reach. Note the tail-whip:

And here he is as my Netflix and chill buddy:

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 20, 2015

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Winston Churchill was once gifted a "marmalade" orange and white cat he named Jock. He loved it so much that in his will he specified that at his Chartwell estate there should always be a similar cat, also named Jock. Here is the current iteration, who can be followed on FB at "Jock of Chartwell". He was adopted from a shelter and appears to be a very good cat.

Churchill also allegedly owned a parrot that was alive well into the 2000's that would constantly scream "gently caress Hitler" and "gently caress the nazis", but that's not an orange cat and has no place for discussion here.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Mulligan

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

skaboomizzy posted:

Winston Churchill was once gifted a "marmalade" orange and white cat he named Jock. He loved it so much that in his will he specified that at his Chartwell estate there should always be a similar cat, also named Jock. Here is the current iteration, who can be followed on FB at "Jock of Chartwell". He was adopted from a shelter and appears to be a very good cat.

Churchill also allegedly owned a parrot that was alive well into the 2000's that would constantly scream "gently caress Hitler" and "gently caress the nazis", but that's not an orange cat and has no place for discussion here.

The tabbies in the UK are different than the ones across the pond. There was a cat study done...let me see if I can find it. The ones in the UK are more stripey tabbies, the ones here are more spotty

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I shall take some pics of my creamsicle cat tomorrow and post them.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Churchill owns. Jock owns. The only way this story could get better is if Churchill had trained Jock to scream 'gently caress hitler'.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Here is my 15 year old creamsicle Mir.

He mostly sleeps and ignores the younger cats.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Here are a few more pics of my old buddy Reggie. He was the first cat that was ever fully "mine" to take care of.

Cheating at poker:

Not giving a gently caress about the Mayan apocalypse scare of Dec 2012:

Not giving a gently caress about my office chair:

Sun Dog
Dec 25, 2002

Old School Gamer.

Reggie looks like something I'd put on toast.

Speaking of marmalade, the vat was running low when Firebrat came through.

Happy Halloween!

Heehee, I found an orangecat smilie :cabot:

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Reggie was such an adorable cat ; he reminds me a lot of my previous kitty.
Sadly, Mr Filou was ran over by an inattentive neighbour a few years ago. :(

I would like another orange cat. My new kitty is black-and-white, and I do not like to have more than one at a time as I already have a very large dog as well.

Clumsy Card House
Jan 6, 2008

Mine is named Cryass and he came with freckles.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Orange cat the first. My old roommate named him Clarence. He was wrong about this, but the name stuck. Great cat though, very much a loner. Found in the back forty of an old farmhouse I lived in, took months to coax inside. Not much miaow, but kind of a plurrrp noise when he was happy. He lived on the landing halfway down the basement stairs most of the time.

Orange and white cat, eventually named Simba. Showed up at an old converted schoolhouse I rented in the middle of nowhere. Took seconds to coax inside. Softest miaow ever, almost never used it. He might have been at least part Norwegian Forest Cat or Maine Coon. He had all kinds of fur between his toes. But he lived in front of the space heater whenever it was on, and was always in whatever room I was in.

Clarence and Simba's Tundra Adventure:

Never Mind, gently caress Adventure: (note by the tracks in the snow how far they got)

Sadly, they are both gone. They were best cats and are still missed.

My first ever short-haired cat. Also the first upside-down one. Bruce was left behind by some people who apparently gave him drugs, and slammed his tail in the door as they moved out. Presumably the tail bit was accidental, at least. Those people sucked, some friends rescued him, couldn't keep him, and now he lives with me. He's kind of weird and only has two settings: quiet and screamy. No miaow. Very sociable, though, and if not napping, wants to be around people.

Sometimes, Bruce is in the sink. I think this is because he's a very muscular cat who runs hot, and likes cool surfaces to lie on.

Orange cats loving rule:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

No pics available right now, but my family had an orange cat named Whiskers three years before I was born. He was my older sister's cat, and he would allow himself to be pushed around in a toy baby buggy for a brief time. He also came back to the house after there was a fire in the garage, which I am told is very rare for cats because many of them will just dart off never to be seen again. He also had acne at a young age which caused some small deformation in his mouth where he would just drip drool when he was hungry and saw someone had food.

As a kid I saw him do some pretty awesome stuff like slam-dunk an unfortunate low-flying bird to the ground, killing it. He then walked away like it was no big deal.

I also watched him perform the following sequence:
- open the sliding screen door (our dog learned to do this to let herself in, but never managed to learn that she could to the same thing to get out)
- open the floor level kitchen cabinet door that held the pet food
- drag out the box that held the pouches of Tender Vittles cat food
- drag out a pouch of the cat food
- tear open the pouch of food and shake it over the kitchen floor
- eat

Whiskers also loved Chef Boyardee tomato sauce. If we had leftovers, we would put it in his dish and minutes later there would be completely dry ravioli.

Sekhmet
Nov 16, 2001

Hey Ridley

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Here is my orange cat Maxwell. His mom was a stray that got killed right after giving birth to his litter. He was so small we had to bottle feed him. He's almost 9 now and fat and lazy as could be.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
This is our orange cat Carl. He's got incredibly long and thick hair and refuses to clean himself, but we love him anyways

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Orange cats are so freaking sweet.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Orange cats are the best cats.
O'malley being magestic.

Failing at walking on leash

This might be my favorite picture of him

Resting bitch face by Minerva

I don't even know what she's doing here she just stood up like this for like 2 minutes

size comparison when Minerva was a kitten

HeadcrabPie
Oct 6, 2009
I have two derpy orange Maine Coons! They are 9 months old and weigh ~9 kg each.

This is Mulder as a younger kitty, around 4 months (I think)

Kjell displaying his excitable personality at 7ish months

Both of them more recently - Kjell is the crosseyed one

I think it adds to his majestic demeanor

Mulder is much more handsome and is understandably a diva-loaf

HeadcrabPie fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 17, 2015

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

wtf i've never been to this sub before but this thread is literally just hundreds of pictures of the same looking cats just doign different things not even exciting things

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

They're being orange cats. If that's not exciting enough, you're in the wrong thread, or on the wrong planet.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

This is my cat, Oliver:

He's 19 and I've had him since I was 8.
I had to take him to the vet a few days ago over an eye infection. They said he has really high blood pressure and was blind. :( They also did some blood work and recommended we give him special cat food for his kidneys and pills for the blood pressure.
I really think his eyesight has improved though, I did the exact same tests the vet did, plus I showed him a YouTube video for cats and he responded to that like he usually does. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but he really does seem to be able to see, or maybe the vet got it wrong. :shrug:

HeadcrabPie
Oct 6, 2009

ThePriceIsRight posted:

wtf i've never been to this sub before but this thread is literally just hundreds of pictures of the same looking cats just doign different things not even exciting things

Someone is jealous they don't have an orange cat

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
This is Filbert. He is pretty awesome, and also a dick. Which is like saying, "Water is wet."

Filbert's blanket, which he requires when he's on the bed. It usually ends up soaked in cat spit because he licks it.

So majestic!

This is Little Man (the floof) and Filbert when he was a baby. Little Man died last year at the ripe old age of 18. RIP you old lapwarmer.

brightbluu
Aug 2, 2015
My orange baby Fiona.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

This is Moses, or Moe for short. He showed up randomly outside our house and decided he wanted to be a people cat. No collar, we tried to find if someone had lost a rad orange cat, but nope.

He was really lanky, so I assume he was pretty young. He got an appointment to get his nuts snipped, spent about a week around our house after that. Then one night he wanted outside (He remained an indoor/outdoor cat) and never came home.

I like to think he just visited, or came to mooch a free neutering from us. I like to think he's a good catte in a good house somewhere, but it's a mystery.

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir
This is my orange dumpster cat, his name is Yeah Toast.

He really hates the vet and is just an rear end in a top hat in general, so I have to get him high before he goes to get a checkup.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?
Getting a little kitten in a couple of weeks, went for a visit last night.

He's called Custard.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Thought I'd spice this thread up with Spice.

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

Reik posted:

This is our orange cat Carl. He's got incredibly long and thick hair and refuses to clean himself, but we love him anyways

Your orangecat ain't havin' with any of this gravity poo poo. At least, his fur ain't. I've never seen fur so vertical.

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

This is my parents' orangecat, Rusty. He inherited the name from his foster and they kept it because everyone just calls him 'orange menace' or 'hey rear end in a top hat' or 'you pernicious little shithead' anyway so whatevs.

He is the epitome of feline grace and elegance. Also fat. Mostly, to be honest, fat.

Here he is encroaching on my parents' cowcat. He gives no fucks because he generally gives no fucks. Cowcat gives a gently caress but can't figure out how to dislodge this goddamn orange behemoth from her rear end so ohwell.

Here he is helping me study. He is Very Helpful.

Here he is playing dead, because orange. Thanks to Rusty I've learned that a lot of things can be explained by, "Because orange."

Here he is in the days when it was easy to let him hang out in his favorite position, ie being carried by a human. His ultra favorite position is being carried while slung over a human's shoulder and purring his fool head off. This would be more okay if he didn't weigh in excess of 20 pounds. He still insists on being carried on shoulders, which tend to give out under his ginormous weight. But he gives no fucks, because he is orange.

Orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
This is Hodor. He has a pet llama.

Orange cats have natural fall camouflage.

He doesn't like hats.

He's pretty cool apart from always having dingleberries for no apparent reason. Active dude. Looks a lil chunky but the vet says its muscle. Speaking of vets I dragged him for an appointment there and he just didn't give a poo poo and rolled around on the floor and had a good time so he's a certified chill cat.