Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Aww, a good cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Sister came home with two kittens. Guess I'm fostering! :3333

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 27, 2020

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Eat The Rich posted:

Squeeeee! Orange kitties are excellent. Males?

Send more photos plzzzz. The quality on those is great. What are they doing right now??

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Eat The Rich posted:

Omg look at these fuzzy little sweethearts :kimchi:

Do they have names yet?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I love my Pia :3:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

We got new kitties this week to replace our old catte who passed away, I got told last night by a frequent poster itt I had a contractual obligation to post pics in here or else so here they are, meet Peanut and Popo

(third photo looks filtered but it's not, my wife's phone camera's apparently garbage?)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Tater is broken, how do I put him together

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

They're both girls. Olivia and Bella. They play and sleep and play and sleep. Olivia is super energetic and Bella is pretty timid. They are both great snugglers.

My adult cat wasn't a fan at first but now he's sleeping with them. Bella wasn't a fan of him either at first and she made scared noises that sounded exactly like a pigeon cooing.

Freddy disapproves.

Lola does approve!

Oh no they're attacking Freddy's house!

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 29, 2020

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

tithin posted:

We got new kitties this week to replace our old catte who passed away, I got told last night by a frequent poster itt I had a contractual obligation to post pics in here or else so here they are, meet Peanut and Popo

(third photo looks filtered but it's not, my wife's phone camera's apparently garbage?)

Ahh kitty hit to the vein! Which reminds me, land koi thread crosspost invasion!

That poor shoebox is practically in pieces now...

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It's a kitty oroborous

evilolive
Aug 13, 2014
He's beige/orange. I think he qualifies. Here's my mancat, he's just a dude.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

evilolive posted:

He's beige/orange. I think he qualifies. Here's my mancat, he's just a dude.

That cat is piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

evilolive
Aug 13, 2014
Nah, he's just got a resting bitch face.

WindowLiquor
Feb 8, 2011

Oh no no, this simply will not do!
Totally forgot to post our new little buddy Siep here. He's not very orange, but he is a good cat. Just cilantro eating weirdo brother is well on his way to accepting him.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Every nap time. Without fail.

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

There goes the neighborhood....
My Orange Cat Saga....

We "adopted" a tom cat that was showing up and would greet me every night when I would get home from work. He would rub on my legs and roll over to let me pet him. A really sweet natured cat, and so Tommy the Cat was adopted and still lives outside but we feed and water him each day. Then two orange young females show up with him on night. and one has a sweet nature and she was named Ginger and her sister being a bit more aggressive was named Pumpkin Spice or Spicy for short.

We thought it best to bring them into the house to keep them from having kitties as Tommy was still intact. So bought all the kitty stuff a young cat could ever want. Unbeknownst to us for Ginger it was too late. She was already with kitty when we brought her into the house. and in January, she had a littler of 3 little fuzzballs in the middle of our bed... An Orange tabby Male, A calico female and a black grey tabby. we kept the Orange one... And Garfield seemed to be catchy for his name.. the other two was given away at 9 weeks old.

Spicy escaped a few days after we brought her in not adjusting to the indoor cat life. But came back 4 days later... and late March 4 more kitties arrived in our closet. 2 Orange tabby, Muffin and Bobbi, a orange and white Tammy as she looks like Tommy , and another black calico we call Midnight. all females... (still have all 4 but looking to re-home them to a suitable environment) Each again have great disposition.

But it doesn't end there... Ginger escaped while in heat and came back a week later... and July 2nd 5 more kitties arrived. 4 orange tabby and 1 black and grey tabby. we have not named these per-say but the orange ones are Ed, Edd, Eddy and Edward... though also thought about naming then Moe Larry Curly and Shemp.. two have a home waiting once they are old enough.

Anyone in Southern Indiana or Northern KY that wants a kitty we would be happy to re-home these sweeties

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

tikka_zamayid posted:

My Orange Cat Saga....

We "adopted" a tom cat that was showing up and would greet me every night when I would get home from work. He would rub on my legs and roll over to let me pet him. A really sweet natured cat, and so Tommy the Cat was adopted and still lives outside but we feed and water him each day. Then two orange young females show up with him on night. and one has a sweet nature and she was named Ginger and her sister being a bit more aggressive was named Pumpkin Spice or Spicy for short.

We thought it best to bring them into the house to keep them from having kitties as Tommy was still intact. So bought all the kitty stuff a young cat could ever want. Unbeknownst to us for Ginger it was too late. She was already with kitty when we brought her into the house. and in January, she had a littler of 3 little fuzzballs in the middle of our bed... An Orange tabby Male, A calico female and a black grey tabby. we kept the Orange one... And Garfield seemed to be catchy for his name.. the other two was given away at 9 weeks old.

Spicy escaped a few days after we brought her in not adjusting to the indoor cat life. But came back 4 days later... and late March 4 more kitties arrived in our closet. 2 Orange tabby, Muffin and Bobbi, a orange and white Tammy as she looks like Tommy , and another black calico we call Midnight. all females... (still have all 4 but looking to re-home them to a suitable environment) Each again have great disposition.

But it doesn't end there... Ginger escaped while in heat and came back a week later... and July 2nd 5 more kitties arrived. 4 orange tabby and 1 black and grey tabby. we have not named these per-say but the orange ones are Ed, Edd, Eddy and Edward... though also thought about naming then Moe Larry Curly and Shemp.. two have a home waiting once they are old enough.

Anyone in Southern Indiana or Northern KY that wants a kitty we would be happy to re-home these sweeties

You might try the cat FAQ thread, ot gets a bit more traffic. I would take them all if I could, but I'm maxed by my lease and across the country. You might have to reach out to local shelters or Craigslist or something more local than SA will get you... Good luck!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Is there any way to get them fixed? It doesn't seem like you're able to keep the ladies out of trouble when they're in the mood for lovin'.

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

mistaya posted:

Is there any way to get them fixed? It doesn't seem like you're able to keep the ladies out of trouble when they're in the mood for lovin'.

There a place affiliated with Alley Cats that is kinda local to me but every time I make an appointment Tommy evades me then after the appointment passes he shows back up. Meanwhile Garfield has an appointment with the Vet as he doesn't qualify as a feral since we adopted his mother and was born in captivity.

Working on getting the females fixed but they are a bit expensive to get each one done. So getting the males done first since we just have the 2 adult males that area around (though females in heat bring all the boys to the yard so to speak.)

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

mistaya posted:

Taking the oldest inside male to the vet at 9am to get his boy bits removed as the females from the second litter are starting to show signs of becoming "of age"

Then 3 of the 4 youngest males from the newest litter are going to their new homes tomorrow as well, leaving one male and a female from that litter to rehome. Though the other male has started to become attached to me and the wife so we may keep him and if we cant rehome they are safe here. Just have to make my furniture out of carpet... Cause drat they can wreck some stuff...

The outside cat that started all of this I have not seen in about a week now.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Good on you for taking care of them! Seriously that is a lot of cats. (Any chance of pictures?)

tikka_zamayid posted:

The outside cat that started all of this I have not seen in about a week now.

Sounds like a cat. :catstare:

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

mistaya posted:

Good on you for taking care of them! Seriously that is a lot of cats. (Any chance of pictures?)

Sounds like a cat. :catstare:

Here is Garfield a few days ago... Before he lost his marbles.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

Wrong picture tried to delete but can;t it seems /fail

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

This is Garfield as a kitten... he still sleeps on the wife when he can...

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

Now for the latest batch of his siblings 4 orange and 1 cali-tabbyish which was buried under all the orange ones. She had them in our closet under a Christmas tree box that had fallen over from the other cats chasing each other. From this littler we have one orange one and the calico one.

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

I will try to get a complete group photo but here is their tree I bought that only the kittens like then once they get big they want nothing to do with it...

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

I just found this one... This is before it all happened... Tommy The Cat, with Ginger and Pumpkin Spice (aka Spicy) before we brought the girls inside. Tommy in the middle.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Lost this dude in Jan and I still miss him yelling at me. RIP O'malley

Should have known 2020 was gonna suck

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
Here's household loveblob Zig, aka Big Orange.

This big ol' mush loves napping on people and soaking up affection. He's such a good boy, and we got him on freaking clearance because he'd been a shelter kitty for over year. Remember folks, adult cats are just fine to adopt too!! Just because they're slightly used doesn't make 'em bad!

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Just wanted to shout out Gus. We brought the blaccat home 4 weeks ago this Sunday and he's been dealing with her kitten bullshit like a champ and indulging her with snuggles and grooming sessions. Also he's getting fat on the kitten chow.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

DrKirre posted:

This big ol' mush loves napping on people and soaking up affection. He's such a good boy, and we got him on freaking clearance because he'd been a shelter kitty for over year. Remember folks, adult cats are just fine to adopt too!! Just because they're slightly used doesn't make 'em bad!

Legit. My non-orange boy is exactly the same - I picked him out because I could hear him purring his face off from several feet away, despite no one interacting with him at the time. He was just happy to be alive and watching the shenanigans. Turned out he'd been at the shelter over 6m. No clue why.

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

My experience with orange cats is that they're some of the friendliest cats. I miss my little orange boys.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
This is Loki and he is a very good baby.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Carrot is not quite a cat yet but he's getting there!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I don't mean to alarm you, but your cat is being eaten by a shark in #1.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Woody, the fluffy one-eyed shelter office cat, has adopted a bed as his own. In exchange, he offers belly for rubbing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This has been a recurring theme during the cold snap in FL

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Kevin is settling into his new room well.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

:ohdear:

I'm sorry.