Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
For those of y'all that don't track the yospos cat thread or the Post a Cat Facebook group, first off reconsider your life choices for gently caress's sake. Second, this is my sister's most-of-a-cat, Tango.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
IDK, just luck + it's pretty much all orange dudecats and they are just awesome.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CoolCat posted:

Orange cats are no more beautiful than any other color of cat. All cats are maximum beautiful.

Not more beautiful, no, but I've known more awesome orange dude cats than any other type. Frankly idgaf what a cat looks like for its own sake, but if I were to make a list of the ten awesomest cats I've ever known, at least eight would be orange toms.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The first time we brought our old cat Cheese into our new vet in Austin she said "Oh man, there's something about these orange guys, isn't there?", and we just all sorta stood around and smiled about how great orange dudecats are.

I'll post some of my cats in a bit, but here's my sister's previous orange dude, Toadie.

Dude was HUGE, and just the sweetest. He was one of those raspy-voiced cats that just kinda said "meh" instead of actually meowing.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 15, 2016

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Here's the guy that made me just absolutely fall in love with orange guys. His name was Cheese.

Here he is being born under the sink in our shithole slum appartment in 1993.

Here he is all growed up:

He was just the best cat I have ever known, and one of my favorite...entities? I don't know what the right word would be. He just seemed way smarter and more there than a lot of other animals, or people for that matter. He loved to go for walks (without a leash), and we lived on an almond farm for about half his life so he'd just go walking around the orchard with us. No leash or anything, we'd just say "Hey Cheese, wanna go for a walk?", and he'd just lazily walk over to the door and wait for us to get ready. He didn't stick right to us (he was a cat, after all), but he'd stay within about fifty feet wherever we happened to go.

He was also just one of those cats who loves people. His favorite holiday was Halloween, because he got to stand by the door and meet all of the new people as they rang the doorbell. They'd ring the bell, we'd open the door, and he'd go out and make sure to get at least one or two scritches from every man, woman, and child out there.

Anyway, Cheese and Toadie and a few others convinced us that orange toms are just disproportionately cool. I love all cats, but getting a new cat is kind of a crapshoot personality-wise, and I feel like with orange guys the odds are just better of getting an amazing one. That said, I highly doubt I'll ever have another cat who measures up to ol' Cheeser. That makes me sad, but also just makes me feel extremely fortunate to have known him. He was one in a million.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 15, 2016

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
And for something a little lighter, here's a repost from YOSPOS. This is when we first got Franklin. We got him because another one of our cats (Norman) was a young impatient farmcat type who was going a bit stir crazy after moving to the burbs, and the other cats in the house were too old to play very much. Here's Frank demonstrating his value as a Norm-distracter.

so bored

oh cool, norm's up

poo poo

hey norm, i'm glad you're awake

because i have a question for you

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOOTBAAALLLLLL??????

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

my cat is norris posted:

Geki continues to grow and to get into trouble.

That is the face of a master con man.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think the chives are supposed to be super bad for them though; you might consider putting those somewhere where she can't get to them. I bet she's all over them because the shape is very grassy, which my guys dig a lot. We keep a tray of cat grass growing for them.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey y'all need to meet George.

We found him living out behind a konbini a little over two months ago. He was a skinny, hungry little thing, approximately 8-10 weeks old. We reckon he got most of his meals from friendly strangers, because he was quite willing to hang out with, and be picked up by, anyone who had anything even marginally edible.

He has made the transition from outdoor scruffball to fully vaccinated and fixed indoor lordling like he was made for it.

He's made a lot of inroads with Ralph and Frank too, and they will even play with him a little.

Some of the stuff that he's learned has not been as pleasant, however.

The drugs help him forget. For a while.

Don't get it twisted, though, he's still a high-powered businessman by day.

Anyway we're crazy about him. He's very people-focused without being too clingy, purrs like a dumptruck, and has more personality than five normal cats.

He is also quite Georange.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He has been told, but he was rocketing past during his morning scamper so I didn't really get a reply.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
George has perfected the art of sitting extremely normally.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
George will let you just absolutely pet the hell out of his belly, it's great.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
George can't be arsed

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He's Japanese, so he's under a lot of pressure to be.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

I just want to say I love George and if I could I would chance it and blow raspberries in his tummy.

He is very scared of strangers but with me and the wife we can absolutely get away with that. He is basically a limp little noodle with us, just "sure whatever" no matter how rudely we invade his personal space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
George is Georging harder than ever

Making sure the neighbors get a taste