Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Today is my third anniversary of getting Oscar from the shelter!

Here is the first picture I was able to take of him after he spent three breathless minutes darting around the living room scent-marking every leg of the coffee table and other outward-facing corner surface that my previous cat used to mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Thank you for sharing Tater.

He owns a lot and will likely be 80% wonderful companion and 20% pain in the rear end to you as long as he lives.

Eventually he will find the most inconvenient time to snuggle with you and you will be powerless to resist.

This is the Way Of The Orange Dudecat.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Why would you deny that good orange cat chips?

I made a plastic bag cat bed on the love seat for Oscar, he seems to enjoy it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

This happened with my sister and her family a few years ago. Totally awesome cat showed up, they took her in, and it turns out that the cat had tumors and someone dumped it.

People suck most of the time.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Another excellent orange cat and cat butler. I'm glad you found each other.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Another famous Hollywood cat was "Orangey" from the 50s and 60s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orangey

One studio exec called him "the world's meanest cat".

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Those giant ears and paws, yeah, that's gonna be a big cat. Congrats!

Here's Oscar keeping guard by my desk chair.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

He decided where his real home was and you took great care of him. That's the best case scenario we have as cat butlers; that they decide they want to be in our home and we make them happy to be there.

My parents were visiting for a week which led to a shakeup in Oscar's routine. He ADORES my mom and will let her scritch his belly which means I get pictures like this:

The downside is that my dad takes Oscar's place on the love-seat while they visit so for the last several days since they left Oscar's been just camped out there for like 16 hours a day to reclaim it:

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 9, 2018

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Excellent content, please enjoy a rare Oscar dangle

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I want to share a rare Oscar loaf.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Thought I'd give an Oscar update.

This is a recent picture I took of him sleeping on "his" love seat, on top of a plastic bag for maximum heat recycling, snuggled up next to a tin of Altoids because he loves the smell of peppermint more than just about anything else in the world.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar has been very busy hanging out on top of the couch while I lie down on it. I've had him for over four years and he's definitely developed his own routine for how/when he interacts with me.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

This has been a recurring theme during the cold snap in FL

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

A magnificent flooflord.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar will turn 9 years old this summer. I bought him a heated cat bed that he completely ignored during the coldest part of the year but now he's living in it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

OJ is an incredible orange dudecat and it sure seems like you all enriched each others' lives for many years.

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad you have family and other catbuddies to help you through it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Q_res posted:

Yeah, that's awful man. Really sorry about that. I hope this helps cheer everybody up a bit. About 2 and half weeks ago I adopted this little guy, I haven't figured out a name for him yet. He was part of a litter who's Mom got killed, he was the last one left unadopted. I completely fell in love with the little guy on the short ride home. He's extremely playful, but I've found his off switch. Get him on his back and gently rub his ribs in circles and he'll start closing his eyes immediately. He fights it for a bit, but after a little while he's out like a light.

This dude is gonna be a fantastic companion for you, congrats.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Chococat posted:

I didn't do it! I'm innocent I swear! Their government names at the vet have no title. :colbert:

The child named them Mac and Cheese and its been evolving from there. Right now he's Mac Attack and his litter mate is Cheezit.

These cats look like perfect blissful idiots, the best kind of orange cat. Congratulations!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Oscar updates:

later this summer will be seven years since his gotcha day, he is the most laid-back, consistent creature ever

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Ollie is asking you how much you bench, already knowing he will be disappointed with your response.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

hooray for Biggles

I had to fly home for a sudden funeral for a week and Oscar has decided to assert that he owns the house and I live here at his permission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

orange cats can totally be orange in spirit only, like how "rowdy uncle" does not limit to any specific gender