Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
146/146 HP; 16 AC (15 Touch, 11 Flat-footed) Fort +14/Ref +15/Will +7
Lowlight Vision; Scent; Fast Healing 4; DR 4/-

The Animal listens to any last moment advice, or battleplans, while preparing for the battle. The muddy area they have found themselves in will likely slow the others, so he takes to the air to avoid it.

Transforming into Aerial form in the preparation round.

pre:
Aerial (small)
146/146 HP; 19 AC (16 Touch, 15 Flat-footed) Fort +14/Ref +15/Will +7)
Bite +22 vs. AC 1d6+12 piercing damage 
Speed 30, 40' Flight (Perfect)
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 4
DR 4/-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Roarke

There's still a headache. Bastards went shopping before finding a cleric who had the faith to raise the dead. Not that he had much faith, it seemed to Roarke. At least, not any that didn't come out of a bottle. Talk about holy spirits... She barely had enough time to sell her old crap and get new equipment before the team headed off into some new contract. And now here they were in a deathmatch. Wonderful.

"...You guys are assholes, you know that?"

EDIT: Since we're not in the mud I'm staying put and still readying a thrown attack. +17 to hit, 2D6+5d6+19 damage.

pre:
Roarke  HP: 88/88  AC: 28 (Touch: 24, FF: 22), Fort +12, Ref +16, Wil +15 
Spot/Listen +18  Hide/Move Silent +19  Jump +23  Tumble +21

Current Modifiers:
 - Freedom of Movement
 - SR 24
 - Fire/Acid/Cold/Elec Resist 5
 - Blindsense 30'
 - Good-aligned weapon

Options:
 - 7 AoO per round
 - Infuse Ki +5d6
 - Stun DC 20
 - Teleport 60' as a move action

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 19, 2016

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
You guys aren't actually in the mud,it's just directly in front of you.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Khaemwaset nods at Klem's assertion before clicking his tongue in annoyance at Roarke.

"I'm a priest, not a tailor, and already apologized for the stitches being uneven. It's like you didn't want your head reattached." The old man adjusts his helm and scans the area for enemies before continuing. "Anhur's grace would have had you returned to life immediately, but our companions said you wouldn't want to risk coming back as something more suited to your disposition. Reincarnation can be messy, so we had to pay to bring you back normal."

Khaemwaset holds his Falchion aloft and whispers a prayer as stormy, divine energy rumbles from the blade into him.

"I would like to avoid fighting in the mud if possible, maybe we should adopt a more defensive position, make them come to us? Where-ever it is they are..."

Casting Heroics: Improved Critical on myself.

pre:
Khaemwaset the Scarred 
HP: 102/102 | AC: 23(t12/ff22) | Full Attack +13/+8 | Saves: F +12/R +9/W +15 | Spells Remaining 3|5|3|4|4|4| | Speed 20

Currents Effects: 
 - Light Fortification
 - Banner of the Storm's Eye
 - Aura (Good/Chaos)
 - Electricity Resist 5

- Heroics: Improved Critical

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Crimson Calliope

"So, once again, you're both bigger girls than I am." Cal bounces from one foot to the other, her crimson mithril armor reflecting a light onto her face and giving her a look that is neither sinister nor bloodthirsty. Honest. "Well, don't worry, I can pick up the slack."

It's joined by a toothy grin that is absolutely not manic at all as she flexes her knees, and shoots high into the air. A little showboating for the crowd never hurts. Landing just a few paces from the barrier, Cal preps for another. Time to see if this tournament is as promising as she'd hoped. "Just don't cry when I get all the glory!"

Massive Leap double move to K18.

pre:
Crimson Calliope 
HP: 102/102 (FH 1)
AC: 29 (t16/ff24)
Full Attack +17(/+17*)/+17/+12/+12/+7
Saves: F +10/R +13/W +9
Speed 30 (flying, perfect)

Currents Effects: 
 - Arrogance of Might (Mettle, Evasion)
 - Blindsense 30'
 - Shake It Off (1/encounter)
 - Swift Recovery (FH1, Death Ward)
 - Haste At-Will (10 rounds remaining)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 20, 2016

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Val

"Still think we should've gone with 'Klem's Kommandos.'"
Val strides into the muck, sinking in quite comfortably and drawing her bow.
"Hey, actually, do you think we could go hire ourselves out as mercenaries after this? Actual commando stuff. There has to be a war going on somewhere, and I need an excuse to kill some humans. Or elves."

Move to K10, ready action shoot the first enemy she sees, 31 for 13 within 110', 29 110'-220'.
Val can be making free active Spot & Listen checks each round; do you want me to roll these myself, or should I just leave it up to you?

pre:
Valerian Stillgrove
HP: 90/90; AC: 24 (t19/ff19)
F/R/W: +13/+15/+8 (+2 vs enchant; evasion)
Full: +20/+20/+15/+10 for 1d8+5 (+1/+1 30', +3d6+2 skir)
Speed 40'; Init +10
Spot/Listen +17 (+2 favored, free active each round)
30' darkvision, 30' blindsense

Spells (DC 11+lvl): entangle (x2), summon nature's ally ii

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The wall drops, and the faces of Klem's Company drop as they see their opponent: a large silver dragon surrounded by an aura of frost and snow, flying deftly through the air. Roarke and Val launch their attacks, and while Roarke misses, Val lands a shot (though to little obvious effect).

Roarke misses, Val hits for 13. Purple triangle indicates the dragon is off the ground (40' up right now).

Init:
Cal 27 - we are here
Dragon 21
Roarke 19
Khaemwaset 19
Val 14
Klem 12
The Animal 8

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 24, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

"Oh," Cal hesitates for a few moments, taking a backwards step as she looks up at the actual honest-to-gods dragon now circling overhead. "Oh hell yes."

She can't jump quite that high until it gets closer, but she sure as hell can draw its attention. Three arrows are in the air almost without thinking about it, and herself not long after.

"Well, hello there! I gotta say, you are going to make a fantastic trophy on my wall!"

Use Quick Draw to switch to my bow, and make a full attack on the dragon. I wouldn't take range penalties even counting height but there's no reason not to jump around like an idiot, so I'm gonna use Mobile Fighter to leap thirty feet straight up before firing, and land at the end of my turn.

Dragon Shoot: 1d20+19 21 1d8+5 11 1d20+14 34 1d8+5 13 1d20+9 21 1d8+5 9

Oof. I doubt it, but if a 21 hits, add on an extra 20 damage. Rolling to confirm the crit.

Dragon Shoot (Confirm): 1d20+14 34

Oh hell yes! :woop: If I remember my critical rules correctly, that should be 39 damage, right? 59 if for some bizarre reason, a 21 hits its AC.

pre:
Crimson Calliope 
AC: 29 (t16/ff24)

Currents Effects: 
 - Blindsense 30'
 - Shake It Off (1/encounter)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Cal's arrow flies straight into the gap between two scales, near the dragon's shoulder, and it lets out a bellow of pain before rushing forward through the air. It breathes out a cone of gas directly downward, and Roarke, Cal, Klem, and Killer find themselves unable to move, paralyzed by the gas. The dragon's terrifying rush ends with the dragon flying just above Val, Khaem, and the paralyzed and helpless Roarke. They feel a chill in their bones from the dragon's aura of frost - if they don't move away quickly, they will quickly begin to take injury.

Cal lands a max damage crit like a boss. The dragon flies over and breathes paralyzing gas, hitting everyone but Khaemwaset. Roarke, Cal, Klem, and Killer are paralyzed for 8 rounds. Val, The Animal make the save and are unaffected. The Animal, Cal, Khaem, and Killer fail the save against frightful presence and are shaken for 9 rounds. Roarke, Klem, and Val save against frightful presence and are unaffected. It then continues its move (thanks to flyby attack) and descends to 5' up, adjacent to Val, Khaem, and Roarke.

Red Circle is paralyzed

Init:
Cal 27 - paralyzed for 8 rounds, shaken for 9 rounds
Dragon 21
Roarke 19 - paralyzed for 8 rounds - we are here
Khaemwaset 19 -shaken for 9 rounds
Val 14
Klem 12 - paralyzed for 8 rounds
The Animal 8 - shaken for 9 rounds

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 25, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Roark

The paralyzing gas clings to Roarke and she's suddenly unable to move, and stuck in an undignified position. Wonderful. But her mind still works. She uses it even as her body stands as stiff as the dead to get away from the dragon.

Noping the gently caress out to K20 with a mental move action teleport. Good luck, assholes!

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset cracks a rare smile under his helm as Caliope's shots dig into the dragon, reverting back to his usual frown as half the party seizes up in place. He steels himself against the cold as the dragon slams down before him, appraising the situation and shouting warning to the others as he clangs his gauntlet against his chestplate, image blurring at the edges,

"Stay close to me and Anhur will keep the dragon-fear at bay! We must slay the beast before we're all overcome by the gas."

With that he steps towards Roarke and the others as she teleports away, sickly sanguine energy seeping out of his hand as he swipes at the dragon.

pre:
Khaemwaset the Scarred 
HP: 102/102 | AC: 2321(t12/ff20) | Full Attack +13/+8 | Saves: F +12/R +9/W +15 | Spells Remaining 3|5|3|4|4|43| | Speed 20

Currents Effects:
  • Light Fortification
  • Banner of the Storm's Eye: Stun and Confusion Immunity, Fear Suppression (20ft range)
  • Aura (Good/Chaos)
  • Electricity Resist 5
  • Heroics: Improved Critical
  • Blur: 5 Rounds Remaining 20% Miss Chance

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 26, 2016

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Val

Val dances away, a flurry of shots spewing out at the dragon.

Swift activate haste. Not sure how far the dragon's reach interacts with the height, but assuming the first two squares get me out of range, Tumble half speed 23 to I11, full attack 22 for 21, 36 for 19, 22 for 25, 23 for 20, 12 for 18 gently caress'S SAKE loving 1S ARE YOU loving ME. Continue move to E13.
loving 1s. What the gently caress.
Tumble checks to avoid AoOs at half move are always going to be successes (+18, DC 15, 1s aren't automatic failures for skill checks). Should I still roll them?

pre:
Valerian Stillgrove
HP: 90/90; AC: 24 (t19/ff19)
F/R/W: +13/+15/+8 (+2 vs enchant; evasion)
Full: +20/+20/+15/+10 for 1d8+5 (+1/+1 30', +3d6+2 skir)
Speed 40'; Init +10
Spot/Listen +17 (+2 favored, free active each round)
30' darkvision, 30' blindsense

Spells (DC 11+lvl): entangle (x2), summon nature's ally ii

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Animal
146/146 HP; 16 AC (15 Touch, 11 Flat-footed) Fort +14/Ref +15/Will +7
Lowlight Vision; Scent; Fast Healing 4; DR 4/-

The Animal flies up into the air, hovering high up above the dragon, then transforms into a massive bear. Bearalling down upon the dragon he attempts to grab it in his mighty jaws, bringing it to the muddy ground, and hopefully immobilizing it.

Fly up above the dragon, as high as I can with my 40' perfect flight, then swift action into a huge ferocious slayer. Plummeting on the dragon, possibly dealing fall damage or getting some kind of bonus to the attempt to grapple? Maybe his massive size and weight will just pin the dragon without needing to roll?

Rolls in case they are necessary:

Grapple Touch Attack 1d20+25 30 not a great roll but it is a touch attack and well dragon's aren't well known for having a high touch AC.
Opposed Grapple Check 1d20+30 50 uh yeah that is a great roll, none better. So if the grapple attempt gets this far then it should succeed, if not then the dragon is crazy super strong.

pre:
Ferocious Slayer (huge)
146/146 HP; 23 AC (13 Touch, 20 Flat-footed) Fort +14/Ref +15/Will +7)
Bite +25 vs. AC 2d6+13 piercing damage 
Claws (x2) +23 vs. AC 1d8+13 slashing damage
Speed 30
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 4
DR 4/-
pre:
Aerial (small)
146/146 HP; 19 AC (16 Touch, 15 Flat-footed) Fort +14/Ref +15/Will +7)
Bite +22 vs. AC 1d6+12 piercing damage 
Speed 30, 40' Flight (Perfect)
Lowlight Vision
Scent
Fast Healing 4
DR 4/-

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Crimson Calliope

Oh, like hell is Cal just gonna sit this one out while everyone else gets eaten by a dragon! All she has to do is just-

Watch the thing get pinned by a ballistic bear missile apparently. Holy poo poo.

"Animal, I owe you a drink when this is done! Now hold the bastard steady, cause here I come!"

I'm sure there's some huge penalty for shooting into a grapple, so forget that. No action, Shake It Off to break the paralysis, Quick Draw my rapier + shield, then I'll do a Charge leap across time and space enough squares to close the distance for the flank. That should get me inside the Eye and suppress the Shaken too, right?

Dragon Charge Stab: 1d20+19 23 1d6+5 9

Ugh. gently caress. Well, I didn't count a possible flank, or whatever the modifiers for stabbing something in a grapple are, so maybe that's enough.

pre:
Crimson Calliope 
AC: 27 (t14/ff22)

Currents Effects: 
 - Blindsense 30'
 - Shake It Off (1/encounter, Used)
 - -2 AC (Charged)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Roarke teleports away from the dragon, having no plans to be killed again. Khaem finds it simple enough to cast his spell, but the dragon's immense toughness resists the spell. Val retreats, firing arrows as she moves, and while most of her attacks fail to penetrate the dragon's scales one makes its way through. It is The Animal who is most impressive, as he shifts form midair to land atop the dragon as a large bear, slamming it the ground. Cal fails to add insult to injury as her blade skitters off scales. The dragon, annoyed at the impudent bear who dared to land on her, responds by turning into a whirlwind of claws, teeth, tail, and wings. Even worse, extended periods of nearness to the dragon prove unwise, as a burst of cold energy flares out, half-freezing The Animal, Cal, and Khaemwaset.

Roarke teleports away from the dragon. Khaem successfully casts Bleed but the dragon makes its Fort save (he notes that the dragon does not seem to have spell resistance). zachol, no need to roll skill checks if you auto succeed on them. Val hits once for 19. The Animal successfully grapples the dragon. Cal misses. At the start of the dragon's turn, The Animal, Cal, and Khaem all take 25 points of cold damage. The Animal is then crit by the dragon's bite and hit with two claws, two wings, and a tail slap for another 70 damage after DR.

Init:
Cal 27 - shaken for 8 rounds
Dragon 21
Roarke 19 - paralyzed for 7 rounds - we are here
Khaemwaset 19 -shaken for 8 rounds
Val 14
Klem 12 - paralyzed for 7 rounds
The Animal 8 - shaken for 8 rounds

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

Khaemwaset watches the dragon maul The Animal, then looks back at the magical barrier exasperated.

"First round? Really? Fine."

Casting Choking Sands. If this thing somehow has more then a 24 touch AC while being grappled I don't even know.

• Choking Sands, DC 20 Fort Save, then requires a Full Round Action + DC 20 Fort save to avoid suffocation.
  • Touchy the Dragon: 1d20+11 24
  • Swift Action: Ranged Divine Recovery(1/7) on The Animal for 30hp
  • No Buckler AC bonus when using my off-hand for touch attacks.
pre:
Khaemwaset the Scarred 
HP: 77/102 | AC: 2321(t12/ff20) | Full Attack +13/+8 | Saves: F +12/R +9/W +15 | Spells Remaining 3|5|3|4|4|32| | Speed 20

Currents Effects:
  • Light Fortification
  • Banner of the Storm's Eye: Stun and Confusion Immunity, Fear Suppression (20ft range)
  • Aura (Good/Chaos)
  • Electricity Resist 5
  • Heroics: Improved Critical
  • Blur: 4 Rounds Remaining 20% Miss Chance

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 27, 2016

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Khaemwaset's spell seems to have no effect on the dragon.

The dragon makes the saving throw, Animal is healed for 30.

Cal 27 - shaken for 8 rounds
Dragon 21
Roarke 19 - paralyzed for 7 rounds
Khaemwaset 19 -shaken for 8 rounds
Val 14 - we are here
Klem 12 - paralyzed for 7 rounds
The Animal 8 - shaken for 8 rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
If you aren't going to post I'm not going to run it.

• Locked thread