Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apparently its a real cool game and doesnt take itself seriously what more could you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Wait so are there any vocals you can sing or drums you can play or no

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Wait so are there any vocals you can sing

yes, it's karaoke style instead of the strict rock band style, preorder today at best buy for your free microphone

Tiny Lowtax posted:

drums you can play or no

nah

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Can I use my rock band Xbox 360 microphone on my xbone? I already have the game preordered through Amazon

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably, i'd be heavily surprised if not.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd be shocked if a music game came out that doesn't just use a regular rear end USB mic. Shocked I tell you.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Wait how the gently caress do you tell what row of the two rows of buttons you hold down god drat. If it's to do with what way up the little plectrum icons are that's gonna be loving impossible for casuals like me to sightread

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wait how the gently caress do you tell what row of the two rows of buttons you hold down god drat. If it's to do with what way up the little plectrum icons are that's gonna be loving impossible for casuals like me to sightread

top row is white bottom row is black it's easy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

One row has a black dot on it and the other white, the notes show up as black or white on screen. At least that's what it seems like.

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?

Jibo posted:

One row has a black dot on it and the other white, the notes show up as black or white on screen. At least that's what it seems like.

They can also show up as rectangular notes with black and white, which means both buttons. And there are still open notes like in previous GH games.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Whomever said it is $89 for Prime members, where did you see that? Showing as $99 for me, including my preorder

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
I picked this up. I've been thinking about the inevitable return of plastic instrument games for a while, and on a whim I did some searching. I was surprised to see Guitar Hero trying new stuff so, I'm going to check it out.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Jibo posted:

Yeah, this is what I was worried about. GH/RB worked for casuals because it was simple. Five buttons in a row on screen which correspond to the five in a row on the controller. This is closer to Rocksmith. I'm probably still going to buy it :smith:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Whomever said it is $89 for Prime members, where did you see that? Showing as $99 for me, including my preorder

It applied when i went to checkout

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
I'm gonna try this out just cause they are doing something new, and I enjoyed DJ Hero.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mine shipped ,kcan't wait for it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I am excited to play this tomorrow even if the on disc setlist looks really terrible!
I hope it's a fair method to play the GHTV tracks and not microtransaction hell

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently you get a credit for each song you complete; if you complete a song on expert you get 2. Each GHTV play on demand is one credit.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
We figured out FMV games sucked in the 90's. Pass.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Abu Dave posted:

Apparently you get a credit for each song you complete; if you complete a song on expert you get 2. Each GHTV play on demand is one credit.

like.... one each time you complete the same song or... only once per song

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redwalrus posted:

like.... one each time you complete the same song or... only once per song

Each time you complete a song.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYklZxW5tLk

if anything we'll get some good laughs

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Abu Dave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYklZxW5tLk

if anything we'll get some good laughs

Oh god that looks like microtransaction hell. Can you even play the on disc songs without paying for (or earning by watching a music channel WITH ADS) funbux?

E: It looks like you can play on disc songs from "quickplay" for free? Jesus loving Christ though why would you make a music game so confusing just let people own the drat DLC :I

EE: Not to be too much of a pooper the gameplay does actually look fun! And the cheesy gig stuff is cute. I'll definitely pick this up but maybe when it goes on sale because it's a huge sticker price given the in-game monetisation.

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 20, 2015

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the extent of microtransactions is if you want to play a song this instant and don't have any tokens. Like I said, you get tokens just for playing 1 song on GHTV.

And you can play the on disc songs all you want.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stream of Expert Charts:

http://www.twitch.tv/le_figaro/v/21437069

and bonus french

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Stream of Expert Charts:

http://www.twitch.tv/le_figaro/v/21437069

and bonus french

australian dude is doin' it live (with lefty flip), watched for a bit, looks good

http://www.twitch.tv/mrelectricnick

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how british this game is. Gives me national pride.

I hope we get Pulp at some point.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game is getting high 9s and generally out performing Rock Band 4.

Anyone else playing it?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Anyone else playing it?

best buy isn't delivering mine until Wednesday but it was thirty bucks off so whatever

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that GHTV thing where "we have 200 songs and its random what you get unless you pay for certain time frames" is the most retarded loving thing I've ever seen. might as well give you a loving street fighter game where you can only choose Random unless you pay 5 bux for an hour of being able to pick. like lol this is so bad.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Abu Dave posted:

lol

6/10: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/guitar-hero-live-review/1900-6416284/
7.5/10: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/guitar_hero_live/b/playstation4/archive/2015/10/20/game-informer-review-guitar-hero-live.aspx

LITERALLY IDENTICAL TO RB4 ON METACRITIC RIGHT NOW (~noon EDT, Oct 20)

I have nothing against GHL (even the microtransactions, because this is 2015, and the day-pass thing is a cool idea) and Rock Band 4 has a lot of problems, but Abu Dave is a loving horrible shitposter. Anyone who likes Rock Band 4 is a braindead apologist, but in this thread he's slurping all over GHL's dick? Okay. Also there's a reason this thread is tagged with "misogyny".

Basically:

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Abu Dave is an insane idiot who gets laughed at for being wrong all the time and having mini-meltdowns in the other rhythm game threads, where we also talk about Guitar Hero Live once in a while; everyone thinks it's pretty cool over there, too, but it probably deserves its own thread to at least recap everything about it.

If you remember users like Methodis or tuxracer69 Dave is hovering somewhere around there right now.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Both games do need some Pulp songs, though.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Abu Dave do you work at Activision?

How much do they pay you to try and shill their games? You're not very good at it though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Both games do need some Pulp songs, though.

I agree, whichever game gets Party Hard / Do You Remember The First Time wins by default.

is there even a list of all the 200 or whatever songs that are in the slot machine rotation for Guitar Hero?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I think I'd like the FMV thing a lot more if it wasn't for the fact that there's obviously just a "doing well" and a "doing poorly" recorded for every song and there's a really jarring fade when you go from one to the other as opposed to like, using camera trickery to switch between them.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know about you guys, but getting unlimited free dlc for the future sounds alot more appealing to me than paying $3 for some Aerosmith B side.

Also nice cherry picking of reviews; the game is getting 9s and such all over.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1127072

I don't work for Activision, I just like to see progression in music games, and think the game is a blast.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Game looks fun and I'll probably pick it up next paycheck, also got the Rock Band 4 Band Kit and am enjoying that as well.

I do find the FMV stuff amusing in the sense that if you ace a song 90% of the way, but then fumble the ending, I've read the audience and band acts like your whole performance was a disgrace to music. It's not a deal breaker by any stretch (limitations and all that) but it is funny.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Abu Dave posted:

I don't know about you guys, but getting unlimited free dlc for the future sounds alot more appealing to me than paying $3 for some Aerosmith B side.

I thought the DLC tracks for Rock Band were $2 but maybe I'm mistaken?

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
fwiw, I have the xbone version and am having fun just playing along on ghtv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Abu Dave posted:

Also nice cherry picking of reviews; the game is getting 9s and such all over.

pksage posted:

LITERALLY IDENTICAL TO RB4 ON METACRITIC RIGHT NOW (~noon EDT, Oct 20)

you know how metacritic works right? it's getting just as many 7s as it is getting 9s. cherrypicking the top of the list is pretty uncool

• Locked thread