Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Check out hackintosh forums for USB Bluetooth and WiFi adapter models. You’ll usually get confirmation in the Amazon reviews by hackintosh users on how well they work. I even got a random Chinese WiFi stick that works fine out of the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

a n i m e a v a t a r

JnnyThndrs posted:

This is the card that Tonymac recommends nowadays, several people report complete success.

$37 on fleabay, but it ships from China.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-BCM...0-/302479497765

This seller doesn't accept payments now for whatever reason. Would this one be the same? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-B...Sw9V5bD9Qm#rwid

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

LODGE NORTH posted:

This seller doesn't accept payments now for whatever reason. Would this one be the same? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-B...Sw9V5bD9Qm#rwid

Looks like the same card to me.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

a n i m e a v a t a r

So I finally got the part in and all is well. Just one thing though. My display will go to sleep when I need it to, however, when my computer goes to sleep, the wifi upon waking up doesn't work. It's simply stuck as "off" I try to press "Turn Wifi On" and nothing happens. Wifi works perfectly fine on cold booting and otherwise, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why it stops working once the computer wakes up. On Windows, it works fine regardless, no issues at all.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

C-Bangin' it

Well I said screw it and updated to the beta of Mojave on my hack. I'll be damned. Smoothest upgrade ever.

(Unlike the nightmare of High Seirra)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well I said screw it and updated to the beta of Mojave on my hack. I'll be damned. Smoothest upgrade ever.

(Unlike the nightmare of High Seirra)

Did you get converted to APFS? Only trading one nightmare for another IMHO.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

C-Bangin' it

Binary Badger posted:

I did that shitshow when I upgraded to HS.

Mojave was basically downloading the install and off it went. No clover updates, no multibeast, unibeast, etc.

Still have one nagging problem that has existed since forever. But for a major upgrade fairly easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Binary Badger posted:

Did I miss something? APFS has been rock solid on my hackintosh since it was introduced

«21 »