Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Hmm... Usually I can figure this out, but I am stuck on this one.

I have a GTX 960 and thus require the Nvidia WebDriver.

After the upgrade, I booted with nv_disable=1, installed the correct WebDriver. and then attempted to boot with nvda_drv=1 as usual. However my monitor just goes to sleep, like its not loading the driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Not home right now to see the exact version number, but when I booted into 10.11 for the first time, the Nvidia pref pane offered to automatically download and install the newest one for El Cap. I assumed that would be the correct one.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

enMTW posted:

Are you on 10.11.1? The latest WebDriver only supports 10.11.1, not 10.11.0. You can remove the version check (see OP) to get around that, if you need 10.11.0 for whatever reason.

That is likely it.. I likely have 10.11.0 installed...

I'll give that a try when I get home later. I should have researched it a little further.

Thanks!

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Just wanted to add I fixed my problem. It turned out to be my SMBIOS setting which was set to iMac15,1. Somehow I had managed to open a very old backup copy of my Clover config.plist with the wrong SMBIOS setting and had saved it to /EFI/Clover overwriting my correct config.