Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

enMTW posted:

Installation Guide

Select SMBios. This is where you pick which model Mac you want to pretend to be. If you don't pick one yourself, Clover will automatically detect which Mac your hardware is the closest to and set that as your model. That is actually bad. For instance: if you have a Haswell Refresh processor, you get matched with the 5k iMac, which also has Haswell Refresh. But that machine has an AMD GPU. If you have a Nvidia GPU, you will get a black screen on boot. Not good.

To prevent that kind of thing from happening, press the wand icon. Select the Mac Pro. Under the dropdown box, select MacPro3,1. Press both buttons labeled 'shake' and press ok. This is what your SMBios pane should look like.

To add to your installation guide - I got slightly tripped up here. When I selected MacPro3,1 there was a giant exclimation mark in the back of the box. I hit shake on both boxes and hit okay. On the SMBios screen it said MacPro2,1 and I didn't notice it. This resulted in an immediate refusal to boot once I started the installer from clover. Without verbose on - it was just a black screen with the "NO" symbol. With verbose mode on, I got the message that "This version of OSX is not supported on this platform"

So I started clover configurator again, double checked all the screens, and noticed the 2,1 in the SMBIOS. Went back into the magic wand box and noticed the dropdown on the left. That let me select a different CPU, and then I could pick 3,1 without the warning thing happening. Now the installer works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU