Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I whip my tractor to make it work faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Neurion posted:

I whip my tractor to make it work faster

If that doesn't work, lock it in a hot box in front of the other tractors to make an example of it

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you've got an under-performing tractor, have you done due diligence to make sure it's a proper workhorse? If so, you can try taking it back to the dealer, or failing that, post bad reviews online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSN0fRCjGYk

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

baquerd posted:

post bad reviews online.

tobyslist.com

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And don't bother feeding your tractor decent food, it can get by on pig intestines and chicken knuckles.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

I desperately want to hear the audio of the driver freaking out over his own dumbass-ness.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Thwomp posted:

I desperately want to hear the audio of the driver freaking out over his own dumbass-ness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTWZltMeorY&t=46s

Except he never got feeling back in his legs. Idiot.

e;
Every video where someone doesn't know how to handle a sports car is amazing.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Gorilla Salad posted:

A black woman in the US reacting poorly over an article containing a prominent person justifying slavery? Yeah, no idea why she'd be pissed.

It's a shame that Azealia Banks is so bad at Twitter that no one in mainstream music will touch her. She's the female Kanye, pretty good at music most of the time, but crazy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

MariusLecter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTWZltMeorY&t=46s

Except he never got feeling back in his legs. Idiot.

e;
Every video where someone doesn't know how to handle a sports car is amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EezFNU4qmAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L4EnFTN1lo

I can't wait for three. :allears:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

baquerd posted:

having your life controlled by the whims and desires of another without consideration for your own?

Welcome to corporate America

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

BallisticClipboard has a new favorite as of 19:24 on Apr 5, 2016

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yes the modern super rich ruling class will spend 40k on one night at the club, but the super rich ruling class of the 19th century took slaves they viewed as subhuman worth the equivalent of 40k super seriously.

Do yourself a favor and walk around a plantation and see the slave quarters, and see the clothing slaves wore working the fields every day. One of the biggest causes of death was foot infections from working without shoes. Their owners didn't give a gently caress.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

"That's black gold right there!"

Hilarious.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

If it were any other car, it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Gorilla Salad posted:

A black woman in the US reacting poorly over an article containing a prominent person justifying slavery? Yeah, no idea why she'd be pissed.

You say that, but she legit supports Trump.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:laffo:

Pretty sure they'll mark that one down as an error.

It's like his legs just forgot how to work.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

radiatinglines posted:

Do yourself a favor and walk around a plantation and see the slave quarters, and see the clothing slaves wore working the fields every day. One of the biggest causes of death was foot infections from working without shoes. Their owners didn't give a gently caress.

Nah, the state of sanitation was such that they simply didn't realize the ROI of shoes.

But anyways, have some funny cats having problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwqXn03LaI

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

WampaLord posted:

:laffo:

Pretty sure they'll mark that one down as an error.

It's like his legs just forgot how to work.

I see QWOP Baseball 2016 is coming along nicely.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Scarf posted:

If it were any other car, it wouldn't be nearly as funny.

Corvettes

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

radiatinglines posted:

Yes the modern super rich ruling class will spend 40k on one night at the club, but the super rich ruling class of the 19th century took slaves they viewed as subhuman worth the equivalent of 40k super seriously.

Not the best example considering Confederate soldiers lacked footwear also. People must have had hobbit feet back then.

The textbook is definitely racist, but some of the points are valid, even if there's a double edge to them. Yes, slaves were expensive and they were cared for as investments. But they were depreciating assets. Once they reached a certain age they probably didn't get their twice yearly clothing allowance and no more leaches or crushed roots to dispel those bad humors.

Heh, mid-19th century medical care. That sure was a benefit to being enslaved.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

That's really stupid and extremely dangerous, not a fun prank. I've slipped badly on wet tiles before and really hurt my back.
:bahgawd:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stoatbringer posted:

That's really a fun prank.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
It's amazing to me that people can look at how bosses today treat assets by cutting corners on basic maintenance ignore basic safety and gently caress things up and assume that cotton plantations in slave states were somehow wiser with their human chattel.

Having grown up around ranches I can assure you 25% really care for their equipment and animals the rest just hit whatever isn't working with a rusty wrench until they get just that much more work out of it or keep alive just long enough to ship to market. It's super easy to make your initial investment back and dumb greedy people will forever assume less costs = more profit even if that really isn't true in the end.

vv Dunno if that comment was directed towards me. I'm obviously aware the whitewashing is total BS deliberately designed to deceive people. It's the fact people seem to fall for it is what's amazing to me not that people try it out.

Darkhold has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Apr 5, 2016

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Something tells me this whitewashing of history isn't perfectly accurate.

Darkhold posted:

vv Dunno if that comment was directed towards me. I'm obviously aware the whitewashing is total BS deliberately designed to deceive people. It's the fact people seem to fall for it is what's amazing to me not that people try it out.

No, it wasn't. Just the general "hey, they needed to treat their equipment well!"

captainOrbital has a new favorite as of 21:00 on Apr 5, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Nah, the fact that they focus solely on welfare ferraris makes it that much better.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone opening champagne outside and not sabering it is an rear end in a top hat who deserves anything that happens to them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Darkhold posted:

It's amazing to me that people can look at how bosses today treat assets by cutting corners on basic maintenance ignore basic safety and gently caress things up and assume that cotton plantations in slave states were somehow wiser with their human chattel.

Having grown up around ranches I can assure you 25% really care for their equipment and animals the rest just hit whatever isn't working with a rusty wrench until they get just that much more work out of it or keep alive just long enough to ship to market. It's super easy to make your initial investment back and dumb greedy people will forever assume less costs = more profit even if that really isn't true in the end.

So what I'm getting from this is that rich people have always been pieces of poo poo. What an insight.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Stoatbringer posted:

That's really stupid and extremely dangerous, not a fun prank. I've slipped badly on wet tiles before and really hurt my back.
:bahgawd:

There's another one like this out there I think where the guy slips and slams his foot into the base of an oven, and then they show a closeup with his toe half torn off.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There's another one like this out there I think where the guy slips and slams his foot into the base of an oven, and then they show a closeup with his toe half torn off.

That was L.A. Beast and he actually pranked himself on purpose and accidentally hosed himself up more than he thought he would.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

veedubfreak posted:

So what I'm getting from this is that rich people have always been pieces of poo poo. What an insight.
And why exactly are you cranky? I didn't say I had some amazing insight on rich people I said I was amazed that people couldn't take current behaviour and realize that people of the past were no different and attempts to say slaveowners were somehow better than this is pretty dumb.

Edit: vHere again I pay for the sin of being too easily drawn into stupid stupid discussions. For my part at least I'm out.

Darkhold has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Apr 5, 2016

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darkhold posted:

And why exactly are you cranky? I didn't say I had some amazing insight on rich people I said I was amazed that people couldn't take current behaviour and realize that people of the past were no different and attempts to say slaveowners were somehow better than this is pretty dumb.

No one's saying slaveowners were better than that, just that slaveowners that didn't take care of their slaves got sub-par returns over the long run. If you look at the most successful slave-owners, you would expect to see a general pattern of excellent treatment of well-behaved slaves.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Schadenfreude Thread: Only Unique and Original Insights Allowed

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

baquerd posted:

No one's saying slaveowners were better than that, just that slaveowners that didn't take care of their slaves got sub-par returns over the long run. If you look at the most successful slave-owners, you would expect to see a general pattern of excellent treatment of well-behaved slaves.

The schadenfreude is that we are actually having a "but the good slaveowners treated them well!" conversation in the loving schadenfreude thread.

Slavery was awful and never should have happened. Source: me, someone who actually was taught out of that stupid-rear end book you guys found pictures of and realized it was a steaming pile of crap in fourth grade

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wylie posted:

The schadenfreude is that we are actually having a "but the good slaveowners treated them well!" conversation in the loving schadenfreude thread.

Slavery was awful and never should have happened. Source: me, someone who actually was taught out of that stupid-rear end book you guys found pictures of and realized it was a steaming pile of crap in fourth grade

But you haven't actually owned slaves? As a Saudi Prince, I'm getting some schadenfreude from your lack of perspective.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

https://twitter.com/WhiteBballPains/status/712335825510526976

I'd like to imagine that in the future, every time that kid and his friends reminisce about elementary school it starts, "Remember when you got crossed so hard you died?"

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

baquerd posted:

But you haven't actually owned slaves? As a Saudi Prince, I'm getting some schadenfreude from your lack of perspective.

quote:

Don't take advice from me, because I'm an idiot.

Never has a truer sentence been attached to a more worthy person. Now shut the gently caress up about how much you love how slavery used to be, you fuckhead.

For content, we have a brand new failarmy hot off the press!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJqXV_MW4aY

an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

baquerd posted:

If you look at the most successful slave-owners, you would expect to see a general pattern of excellent treatment of well-behaved slaves.

Maybe you would expect this but it isn't historically true at all.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How do any of you know how slavery was? Were you there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

oldpainless posted:

How do any of you know how slavery was? Were you there?

I sure was :smug:
How do you know I wasn't? Were you there?