Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Dad pranks help sons to prank their own children later in life, leading to a long and distinguished Brotherhood of Pranksmanship throughout history.

Girls have, like, tampon clubs or something, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Aw man, I just realized I've been laughing at a burn victim :(

Yeah, but also a racist and child killer.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Those guys that spent time putting in the forks are cool dudes though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Choco1980 posted:

Fun fact, cows are physically unable to go down staircases, but can go up just fine... :smith:

I think Mythbusters or something similar proved this wasn't true.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
We came back after one summer to find every single window in the school broken. They had to board up all the windows util they could be replaced, and then one day the power went out....

Cue 1000 kids running around screaming in the pitch black, smacking their heads together and falling down staircases.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Foxhound posted:

I'm not great with politics in general and the US system is one big puzzle where all the pieces are the same color. Can someone give me a tl;dr on this?

Republicans court the dumb, the disenfranchised, and the directionless, mainly because that's the only subset of people that are stupid enough to vote for them these days. Enter Trump, the biggest rear end in a top hat in politics, possibly ever, and he's exactly what republicans voters like. Only problem is the Republican party pretty much hates Trump, in the same way that Al-Qaeda is all "ISIS is too crazy, even for us!", and they're running scared now that their biggest nightmare might get the republican nomination and actually be in the running for prez.

It's Palin all over again, except republican voters have gone full-retard this time and "Palin" might win, and not just as vice-prez.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

WarpedNaba posted:

Not exactly thought provoking, seeing as both books are poo poo.

True. And that twist ending? Saw that coming a mile away. "God Did It", pfft, typical pulp trash.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
"TV"? What's that? Oh, is that some sort of good-time-johnny term the poors use for the Television? I wouldn't know that, as I don't even own one, and periodically become unaware that they even exist. I guess some people have so much extra time that they can spend it staring at that idiot box. Some of us have more important pursuits, such as keeping the memes as dank as possible on THE INTERNET. Yes, the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard if it yet.

Now if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I have a lot of copying and pasting to get back to.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Measly Twerp posted:

Why does someone always post this?

Because they think it's still 1997 and that "edgy" is a word people still use.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Holy poo poo, "Overtures" and "Intermissions". What the gently caress happened to you, Tarantino?!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Many herbivores will eat meat if given the option. The only reason they don't on their own is they didn't evolve to have the capability of successfully taking prey. Not that it would occur to them to try to take prey in the first place, but if you put meat into front of them and they like the smell, herbivores will go to town on it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jollity Farm posted:

Somewhat related to herbivores eating meat:

Schadenfreude waiting to happen?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Captain Lavender posted:

hahaha what a stupid rear end in a top hat

Yeah, how dare he not show the Miss Universe pageant the respect and propriety it deserves on such an august occasion.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I generally like to consult my moral sphygmomanometer in matters of choice and ethics.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

That led me to this vid. I love how almost everyones reaction is to get really worried but not actually do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n4kXwjDquI

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
1928 - The Some Such Thing is Patently Orful Letter Writing Group

23Skidoo - "I say old bean, have you heard of this bloody rot about Penicillin?"
Archpuke Franz Birdinthehand - "GHASTLY! Some sort of medicant, supposedly kills internal parasites!"
23Skidoo - "Bah, all these young whippersnappers! Thinking they can cure their bodily ailments with a simple injection. Why, as if leeches and a stiff upper lip weren't natures cure already!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

The best one, for me, is doctors who literally believed their hands didn't have germs on it since they were so much closer to God, therefor they didn't have to wash their hands. Or sterilize anything. Absolutely amazing that something as simple as having clean hands or gloves for a surgery was resisted for so many years because of some stupid belief.

Someone will be saying something similar someday about guns in america.

... someday. :smith:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm personally hoping we get a dystopian ciderpunk future, where viscious cider-gangs fight for control of the distilleries, and the only currency worth anything is the nuAPPPLE.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MisterBibs posted:

This is why the industry started abandoning film and going to digital, folks!

The industry abandoned film because digital is cheaper on the production end, and the studios told theaters that they had to go digital or they could gently caress off.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

canyoneer posted:

See all the snow around? The only thing that makes sense is that the cold weather has made the Styrofoam more firm and that's why it broke the windshield

:psyduck:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Called that poo poo from a mile away.

Oculus is now going to follow in the footsteps of the Virtual Boy, and will be sitting in the window of Gamestops two years from now for $24.99, and still no one will buy it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

88h88 posted:

That guy was entirely too happy and it made me uncomfortable. I'm getting Narnia vibes from him too, baby be-damned.

When I first glanced at this I read it as "I'm getting Nirvana vibes from him too...".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

nerdz posted:

Arent french poodles the worst and most violent dogs ever or something.

They're supposedly very violent dogs, as they were bread for hunting or something. I think it has more to do though with people not thinking poodles are capable of anything, so parents leave their kids unattended around them and don't bat an eye when junior is using the dogs tail as rope swing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mans posted:

PYF thing that's two or three inches away from being a faces of death video.

http://i.imgur.com/tE2lN7v.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/PgH9wTB.gifv

These are great fake videos.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It wouldn't matter even if it was perfect logic.

Yes, you denied the filmmakers of $4-million. Guess they'll have to cry themselves to sleep with the other $1.94-billion the film made.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mcbexx posted:

I always meant to ask – what is that little twang you feel in your chest when you watch someone wipe out hard? Has this weird sensation ever been researched?

For instance, the skateboarder 3:12 at or the cyclist at 4:08 give me a little jolt (for lack of a better term) in my upper body. Curiously enough, it only happens during the first viewing.

Adrenalin.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Also the Soviets would wipe Denmark out in a heartbeat.

Also also the Americans and British won't come to Denmarks aid, because Denmark has nothing to offer them.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

A linked story from the same page is a far more important story:

https://www.yahoo.com/makers/unlikely-goat-tiger-friendship-tragically-161915313.html

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Good lord, and he apparently just sat through a congressional hearing about his dumb rear end, making dumb faces the whole time and not answering any of their questions.

Then he immediately went online and talked poo poo about the legislators on social media.

It's like getting bitched out by the principal for being a poo poo and just staring at him the whole time, then going to your schoolyard buddies and saying "heh yeah that Mr. Smith has a poo poo face and dumb hair, I wasn't even listening to whatever he was saying"

What kills me is that there is a very real chance that by the end of this, he'll be the same old shithead, only instead of marking up HIV meds, he'll make a living touring the country giving speeches to "future CEO" types and MLM fuckwads.

Where's a paid assassin when you need one.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

"Oh god! It's choking me! How to get out of this stream of smoke.... think man, think?! I... uhhhh, dammit, no way out of this situation, just keep sitting the chair."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tiggum posted:

Oh, so you just mean expand it to include people other than telemarketers.

Yeah. I don't see why some parties are exempt from the do not call list. I don't want calls from political parties stumping for their candidate, or even my own bank, if it's just to advertise some new service they're offering.

It's not really a problem, since call display is so ubiquitous these days that no one answers their phones unless they recognize the number, but still, why even make the call in the first place. Once the boomers are gone, since they're pretty much the last bloc of landline users, I could see telemarketing and other such phone based annoyances start to disappear. No point in making cold calls if literally no one will pick up their phone.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

monkeytennis posted:

Except that every company you've ever dealt with that has your mobile number has sold it over and over again to many many telemarketing, accident solicitor and lots of other companies. So they'll give up calling landlines and call you while you're in the car.

That's what I was getting at though. Will they call mobile numbers in greater numbers? Is there anyone under 60 that answers their mobile phone when they don't recognize the number? Every advertiser on the planet could have all the numbers out there, but if there's no one answering their phone, is it still worth it.

I saw a surge of advertising calls when I last had to get a new mobile number, but these days those have almost dropped to zero. The only bump I ever see is when there's an election going on, and to be honest my union is WAY worse in making endless robocalls on who I should vote for than the actual political parties. At some point they must be detecting "Okay, this guy literally never answers his phone, so we might as well stop calling and use that time to call rubes who do answer their phone."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Birb Katter posted:

Please be dildocopter, please be dildocopter. YES!

Pleese, nothink so crude, american. This ees glorious russian tecknology.

Thees is Aerofallosov.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

im pooping! posted:

I don't know if I've been incredibly lucky or something but of all the cats I've owned they've never smelled bad enough or been dirty enough for me to intervene by giving them a bath.

Nose-Blindness trap sprung.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Drowning In Terror posted:

I think ungulates in general just have a surprising ability to gently caress you up. The amount of videos I've seen where a cow or horse suddenly glitches its leg in some random direction to crack a nearby individual's skull in half at a speed so fast only like two frames are caught on camera freaks me out. Maybe I've just spent too long in these kinds of threads but I really have no idea how people comfortably stand around those things.

Cows and horses aren't too bad, as they can only kick generally rearward. Stay away from the butt end, and you're usually safe.

Stuff like deer and moose though, they can kick in pretty much any direction. If they wanted, you could be standing in front of them and they could kick you with their hind leg.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gorilla Salad posted:

People see colours which aren't there in those dress and jacket photos there because they're subconsciously adjusting for the conditions they think surround the clothes.

True, but then the opposite can be said as well, where people can't adjust for the conditions surrounding an item and merely see what the resultant color is.

So instead of seeing a jacket with white on it and yellowish light tinting that white, they simply see a gold color.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ms Boods posted:

Catching up with about 15 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has been pointed out (I did a quick sift through the past 10 pages and may have overlooked it) -- the woman in the top picture is British comedian Julia Davies, and the guy on the left in the bottom picture is her husband, Julian Barrett, another comedian (sat next to Noel Fielding).

No idea what show this is captured from, but my guess is the entire thing is being played for laughs (unless you guys already know this, and/or I've misidentified the woman, and the schadenfraudy is on me :blush:)

That woman is Chelsea Handler.

EDIT: I just looked up Julia Davies. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to diagnose you with Face Blindness.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

lfield posted:

Is this man a KKK supporter?

A mystery for the ages.

The Original Boys N The Hood

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LonsomeSon posted:

Anyone know off the top of their heads what happened to this person? I mean, it always seemed to me that getting a watermelon with enough force behind it that you put your entire body weight into stretching the sling launched point-blank into your face is in the 'strong likelihood of serious injury and/or disfigurement' category at a minimum.

Nothing. It was during an ep of Amazing Race. Should had some bruising and pain, but as far as I recall that was about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I'm not sure if the bird sounds like the woman, or the woman sounds like the bird.