Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

LawfulWaffle posted:

A switched set of trucks is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for skaters to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the skateboard than on the skateboarder. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a bruised, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

skander posted:

It looks like none of them are using a large enough pot.

Or a thawed, semi-dry turkey.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Delegates attending their party's convention do the voting themselves. However, exactly who they're allowed to vote for depends on the state. Some states actually have you voting to add delegates who vote for whoever the people chose, while others just show who the people want and the delegates can ignore them if they want (though it's not very politically favorable to ignore democratic decisions altogether). Some states don't even havea primary; they have a caucus (members of the local party meet to decide on a candidate), or a combination of primary and caucuses. There are also superdelegates, who have a seat at the convention based on their position in the party and can vote for whoever they want.

The reason it's so confusing is because primaries aren't actually a part of the Constitution. Originally, the Electoral College just did everything and the states figured out their own method of deciding electors. Then states started gradually holding popular votes to choose electors. Eventually, the 19th century evolved until political bosses started having control over which delegates were chosen. Primaries started appearing one state at a time as a way of letting the people show their support for candidates. It was a somewhat haphazard process that developed on its own.

United States of America.txt

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's the old "Put your hand on that dart board and I'll throw the dart between your fingers, I promise" trick!

http://imgur.com/gallery/MT7aVoD

Apparently they built a loophole into the contract:

That's a pretty big fuckin loophole

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Sex Hobbit posted:

God drat. I got chicken pox when MYST was a thing and played it through the week I was home from school. :corsair:

Has anyone else heard it said that the second kid in the family to get it, gets it worse? I got it first from a kid at school and had a grand total of maybe ten spots; my sister (3 years younger) got it a week later and was totally covered including inside her mouth.

My sister and I got it days apart (I got it from someone during summer camp). I was 11, she was 4. It was about the same as both of us. We just treated it with Caladryl lotion and oatmeal baths.

My father on the other hand treated us like we had the goddamn plague and we actually had to stay at our godmother's apartment for a week. He never had the pox and was worried that he'd get it really bad at 45.

Your sister probably didn't have a worse reaction because she was second, she probably had it worse because she was younger and had a less developed immune system.

Rick_Hunter has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Dec 10, 2015

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

speshl guy posted:

Depends, after considering a number of aggravating and mitigating circumstances the judge will determine whether the time will be consecutive or concurrent. Sometimes it gets weird and the some of the sentences are concurrent with each other (multiple counts of the same charge) and others are consecutive. 265 years for rape, even serial rape, is totally unheard of so we're probably looking at an absolute bare minimum of whatever the longest sentence was (like 20 years?).

Then you throw parole in there and the possibility then becomes he gets out in 5 or 10.

It can also depend on when the crimes were committed. If several crimes were committed at the same time like 3 counts of kidnapping because you took your kids away from their legal guardian, the judge might let you serve the sentences associated with that crime concurrently because they were committed at the same time. On the other hand, if it was a series of armed robberies committed over several months, the sentences might be served consecutively. If you do enough poo poo that the judge wants you to serve consecutive sentences of crimes committed at the same time, you really really hosed up big time.

The judge is largely the arbiter on how sentences will be carried out unless a law has been passed to limit their discretion like minimum sentencing and 3 strikes laws.

Rick_Hunter has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Dec 11, 2015

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

How do you get 1 trial for 36 separate crimes?

Same way you get to Carnegie Hall.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

canyoneer posted:

Tell me more about bicycles! I think they are crap.

http://i.imgur.com/K20mTgi.webm
Bird who is jerk

That man's organs probably hurt

I looked at that for a good minute wondering why that kicking bag looked so fleshy and life like. Maybe improvements in manufacturing made th-

canyoneer posted:

That man's organs probably hurt

Solice Kirsk posted:

A keeck to de leever.

Wow. :stonk:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Wanamingo posted:

The devil's tobacco

Marijuana is a vegetable. :colbert:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

About halfway through I was hoping he'd start doing that Muhammed Ali wiggle.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

I think it's just nerds having opinions.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

sudonim posted:

EDIT:
Taller unicycle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqzW-oZuptY
How do you embed timestamps into youtube videos on SA now? Schadenfreude that I don't know how to SA anymore :(

Instead of copy/pasting the video url, put it in url tags. Additionally, make sure you copy the timestamp that youtube offers (right click on the video and click on 'copy url at current time')

This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqzW-oZuptY

Becomes this:
https://youtu.be/LqzW-oZuptY?t=54

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

:nope:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Mulva posted:

Next up will be a law that prohibits the display of those signs, so far the courts agree that the first amendment must be subservient to the second.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Totally curious here, when has the second amendment trumped the first somehow? Besides pointing a gun at someone and saying, "Say that again motherfucker."

Uh yeah so...nothing that Jastiger said has anything to do with '2nd Amendment trumps 1st Amendment.' Mulva was specifically talking about Docs vs. Glocks

Rick_Hunter has a new favorite as of 08:31 on Jan 13, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Going back to traps for a moment, how would you go about killing the animals you catch with a glue trap? Glue traps seem horrific already :(

Cervical dislocation aka breaking their neck.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Grem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I0zjInGbYM

Was looking through my videos and found one of my genius son.

I was staring at the cat the entire time waiting for your son to do something to him. Then he slipped and I looked at the video title.

With that said, ha ha... :ohdear:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

What the gently caress was THAT? :stonk:

Edit: Ok, looks like a drone, but the first time I saw it I thought I was watching another skier hit the ground and get instagibbed.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Brainamp posted:

Nah, but I did find out that when you wedge a steel-toed boot in between the steps right as they're supposed to be folding back into the floor, it makes a very satisfying crunch sound and both the up and down escalators stop quite suddenly.

It was a school trip, so there were like a hundred other kids besides me on them. Managed to get away scot-free with only a little dent in my boot as evidence.

After I heard about the escalator that ate that one woman in China (she pushed her kid away in the nick of time) I give escalators really wide berths. :smith:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think you really need to worry unless you're on a Chinese escalator.

Yeah, it wasn't a faulty escalator, it was absent minded maintenance. And as we know in the OSHA thread humans gently caress up a lot more than the machinery they use.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

prahanormal posted:

Holy gently caress.

This is the worst this thread has ever made me feel. :smith:

Edit: And now i have no new page content. gently caress!

Hey, at least the people with the camera picked the kid up.

Fake Edit: FAITH IN HUMANITY. RESTORED!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Karma Monkey posted:

So it says crash #105... are they saying that's the 105th crash at that bridge alone? In how much time? :stare:

The 11foot8 bridge is pretty well known in this thread. It's at the intersection of S Gregson St and W Peabody St. in Durham, NC.

The Youtube video that you just watched posted:

This Cintas truck was bookin' under the 11foot8 bridge and not quite READY™ for the impact of running into our canopener. The truck popped a wheelie and got stuck for a while. He later backed out and turned onto Peabody St. This was crash # 105 since April 2008.

Rick_Hunter has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Mar 19, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

I wish I could frame GIFs and hang them on my wall.

Digital picture frames maybe?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

I did the math, and 105 crashes between April 2008 and March 2016 is 0.8 crashes per month. drat near every month, someone hits that bridge.

I think it's more like 1.1 trucks curb stomped per month, my man main.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

I think in this case Val Kilmer is the exception since he has had a pretty middling career since Batman Forever. Everyone else, even Kevin Conroy, had a good career after their Batman tenure.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Mizuti posted:

Remember that you can freeze and/or delete your Youtube watch history. It saves me a lot of trouble.

Or just open up the Thunderf00t videos in an Incognito window.

Puppy :3:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

So where's the thread where she got banned?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Anos posted:

Well there's that incident from the early Iraq insurgency featuring a plucky band of freedom fighters vs British marines in an elevated bunker. Also toy cars in an elaborate but ultimately futile planning stage. It's :nws: and :nms: - they show the bodies at the end of it. The plan they come up with is basically 1) Get in pickup truck. 2) Drive up in front of fortified bunkers 3) ??? 4) Victory

It also highlights how far militia camera-technology has come in such short time.

I remember seeing a video shortly after the 2003 invasion where this group of idiots in a converted Toyota technical tried to do a drive by of a loving tank column. The gun cam just shows the turret adjusting and the coaxial machine gun turning the truck into confetti. Wish I could still find it because I was equal parts amazed and appalled.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

CommonShore posted:

He's trying to get his account deleted. He needs to have his account set up to be impossible to ban.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Here's the article from the RWM media thread in case you don't want to give them the traffic or not throw up.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3512233&perpage=40&pagenumber=1777#post459500673

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

It's a loving huge fine, though. I got caught by a camera in California a few years ago and had to fork over 500 bucks. I deserved it :(

It's a good deterrent but fines like that are loving ridiculous when they aren't a 'public safety' concern. I once got ticketed $450 for parking in a handicap spot.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Are you handicapped?
No, and I didn't see the sign because I had just moved to the area so I was unfamiliar with where I was going.

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, that's really just an rear end in a top hat tax.
It is.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Stoatbringer posted:

Were you just lazy or were you in a real important hurry, and anyone who actually needs the extra space to get into their wheelchair can gently caress off?

Neither.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

monkeytennis posted:

Well that opened a can of worms...

I know, right? Anyway, time to make a hot dog sandwich.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Besesoth posted:

That's a good way to jack up your ducks.

:cmon: It's 'That's a good way to gently caress up your quack.'

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Well, he certainly shot his hot load.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

It's definitely made by a right-wing author, but it still gives levels of praise to some left-wing people and celebrities like the Mythbusters appear. It's hard to really get a handle on the author's political views.

Also, Jesus is basically the equivalent of a pot-smoking college student.

So the author is an atheist LOLbertarian? It would be a potentially fun read if the author didn't use so many stdh tropes.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

There was an unfinished novel series published for free online a while ago about the Rapture going wrong when it turns out that human technology has grown to the point where the armies of Heaven and Hell are no longer competitive (since they only checked up on humanity once every few hundred years and were unprepared for the Industrial Revolution). What's supposed to be the apocalypse ends in the armies of humanity banding together and invading Heaven and Hell to demonstrate just what they think of this whole "destroy the world" business.

During the invasion of Hell, it's discovered that any humans who die are effectively immortalized in their state of death and have incredible durability and healing (to allow them to be effectively tortured by Hell for eternity) but will be super-permanent dead if they actually get re-killed. This becomes a plot point, as dead soldiers begin starting insurgencies within Hell and anyone who dies gets found and added back to their forces during the push.

And then they find that aborted babies count as dying, and they really do spend eternity as squirming fetuses. This revelation is so horrifying that everyone involved decides to just cover it up because they're afraid of the public reaction.

Awesome battle of the Planes...Cool
Extremely Right Wing...Pass

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Non Serviam posted:

I don't think it's a right wing point to suggest humans can kick God's rear end.

You can make anything poo poo by adding right wing ideals to it. Just look at 'Sword of Truth'. I'd rather not bother.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Ovo posted:

Silver? Is a love of silver something I missed about these types?

Hard currency with value - gold, silver, maybe even platinum if it actually was abundant enough to be made into coins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

He ded.