Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ozz81 posted:

Oh man, the new regular sized Lemonheads aren't nearly as good as they were as a kid. Most everyone in my family except a handful of adults hated lemon flavored candy, I loved Lemonheads and lemon Starburst. Definitely agree the giant Lemonheads are more consistent, some small ones have the 50/50 of being pure lemon concentrate or a ball of sugar with zero lemon flavor.

jesus christ this thread is the loving worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Roro posted:

Keep your death fetish to yourself, buddy.

Her car just loving disintegrates. This is why smart cars should be removed from society.

The cage of the vehicle was absolutely fine, that was just all the paneling and poo poo flying off. If she would have kept her seatbelt on she would have been fine.

Probably a broken foot but everything else is intact.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

OH BOY HERE WE GO GUYS IM SO FUCKINGJACKED

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Aramoro posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the US that 'don't co-operate with the police' is advice people give all the time? What kind of hosed up country do you live in that that's a reasonable thing to do?

If you refuse to provide a roadside breathalyser sample here they just arrest you for failing to provide a sample, I don't see how refusing to co-operate is going to magically make anything better for you.

Aramoro posted:

Why is it so hosed though? Why do people accept living in some dystopian nightmare where any interaction with the police ends with you getting hosed up?

Or does it not happen and it's just some weird internet fantasy bullshit where some guy you knows friend got totally beat by the police for nothing. Because it's either a totally hosed up system or borderline Freeman of the land advice that people are giving out.

Aramoro posted:

I get why you do it, but does that actually really happen or is it just some weird fantasy akin to being a Freeman. I just don't get why the police would be looking to incriminate you for something you haven't done. Then if they do in fact do this as routinely as you say, why do you accept that from your law enforcement?

Recommending to people to refuse a roadside breathalyser just seems like a terrible terrible idea because won't they just arrest you for not co-operating. It's just like Freeman using their magic words to escape the police.

what the gently caress are you doing

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hang on I'm almost ther eunghhhhh

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

88h88 posted:

Straight up though, cutting a babydick is weird in 2015.

Wanamingo posted:

It's not exactly a huge deal, though

:regd08:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

In local news:

quote:

RIVERSIDE: Motorcycle rider performs stunt on highway, crashes, is arrested

A motorcycle rider was arrested after he pulled up next to a CHP officer, performed an illegal stunt and crashed into the officer Saturday, Dec. 19, an official said.

The incident began at 12:48 p.m. when CHP dispatchers began receiving reports that 60-70 motorcycle riders were blocking all the lanes on Highway 60 near Pyrite Street and slowing traffic to 30-40 mph, said CHP spokesman Officer Travis Monks.

Two CHP motorcycle officers caught up with the group as it was moving south on Interstate 215 north of Central Avenue. When the officers activated their lights, one of the riders pulled up next to the officers and popped a wheelie, the spokesman said.

The rider then lost control as he ended the stunt and crashed into the nearby officer. The motorcycle was thrown to the pavement while the officer managed to stay on his bike, Monks said.

The rider suffered only minor injuries, and the officer, who was uninjured, arrested the person on suspicion of reckless driving. CHP officers took the rider to Riverside Community Hospital to make sure he was in good enough health to be booked into jail, the spokesman said.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

A bit late, but how would you know that people mistook this for a drink? Maybe they really did want some floor cleaner.

its a joke you muppet

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MisterOblivious posted:

You know a product is garbage when a motorizing a skateboard is the practical, safer alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlrru1V69E

You're telling me more people can ride an product that's been around 30+ years than one that came out this year?!?!?!?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

They launch fireworks from the top of a dry brush hill every 4th of July in my hometown and it catches fire every single year.

quote:

Rising 1,337 feet above sea level, Mt. Rubidoux in the city of Riverside may very well be the world’s tallest Roman candle.

For at least 50 years every Fourth of July, Riverside City Hall has staged spectacular displays of fireworks above Mt. Rubidoux, an outcropping of weathered granite and brush near downtown. The event is advertised in the local press as a safe and fun alternative to private fireworks displays, which are illegal anyway. And just about every year from the time the tradition began, an errant spark or early detonation of one of those skyrockets sets Mt. Rubidoux on fire.

This past Independence Day, the first skyrocket went up at 9PM and the hill caught fire at about 9:01PM. After dousing what proved to be two separate spot blazes ignited by that single rocket, city fire officials gave the green light for the show to resume. It did, and the hill promptly caught fire a third time.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a joke among firefighters—we take it very seriously—but it does seem to be a tradition among residents to come out and watch Mt. Rubidoux burn,” says Riverside Fire Battalion Chief William Stamper. “If doesn’t light up, they’re kind of disappointed. On the other hand, the fireworks display is very impressive. Sometimes, when the hill catches fire, it’s an added show.”

Stamper and others point out that City Hall has gone to great lengths to keep the mountain from catching fire. The skyrockets were adjusted to detonate higher in the air than previously, and city crews regularly clear dry brush and erect fire lines. But what the city hasn’t done is discontinue the annual practice of detonating hundreds of pounds of sparkly explosives above the tinder-dry mountain. And so, every year like clockwork, the big rock goes up in flames.

Like the swallows returning to San Juan Capistrano, the burning of Mt. Rubidoux has become an event around which many Riversiders plan their July 4 activities. They barbecue or picnic during the day, make that last booze run around 6PM, and sometime after 8:30PM set up lawn chairs in their front- or backyards (the hill can be seen from most areas of the city) and wait for the mountain to ignite.

http://ieweekly.com/2008/07/news-stories-2/news-stories/awesome-riversides-annual-burning-of-mt-rubidoux/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Senior Woodchuck posted:

An Alabama millionaire paid skywriters to write anti-Trump messages above the Rose Bowl Parade yesterday: http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/politics/donald-trump-skywriting-rose-bowl-parade/

anybody:yosbutt:.us

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

Why not make this part of the tradition? Forget about tryint to stop it, just make sure the fire has to risk of spreading to the township, and burn that motherfucker.

They built a bunch of cool poo poo at the top 100+ years ago.

Luckily most of it isn't flammable.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

nerdz posted:

Now for some BREAKING NEWS dog schadenfreude:

There's a dog running loose on a major São Paulo airport runway, preventing several airplanes from landing and lifting off. Several Airport staff are chasing the dog for over 10 minutes and haven't managed to catch it yet. Its being broadcasted live from a news station. I'll post the video as soon as it goes up on youtube.

Wait, the exact same thing happened 5 years ago.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/65E4IBF.gifv

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

I knew exactly where this was within the first second of the clip. No surprise it happened there.

I too, enjoy that this incident happened there, this location we will not reveal under threat of death.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Enourmo posted:

lmao

for context apparently he thought he was buying another exclusive album like the wu tang one. guess not!

Good lord you're dense

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Samfucius posted:

Is someone out there selling $5 bikes to kids? Why are all those bikes just falling apart? My bike took a dead-on hit from a car while I was riding it and it only bent the rear wheel and the frame by such a slight amount I couldn't even see it.

Edit for clarity: the rear wheel was totalled, the frame was ever so slightly bent.

multiple, repeated stress on weld joints, like bmx and dirt bikes experience, leads to stress fractures and eventually the weld fails.

it's a long-term thing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Squish posted:

^I hear you ahaha schadenfreude. I'm way behind and it's a double-edged sword: if you reply, like this one, it's way out of date but then there's all those sweet, sweet posts to read.

This is from like a million pages back, but I remember when this first (?) showed up on SA and the same as now, watching that video he seems totally legit. In the first instance he's talking as if she's still alive, with phrases like "we don't know where she's is" and she is a nice person etc.

Then after the interviewer seemingly inadvertently says "body" his demeanour changes completely. For some reason that infers guilt but if this interview alone was all the evidence then I guess I totally bought it, back then and even watching it now.
Afterwards his tense changes to was and were, and he genuinely appears cut up about it, at least in the video.

er, he pled guilty and described the murder in great detail to the police

quote:

As part of a plea deal brokered over the weekend, 28-year-old Stephen McDaniel revealed Monday in a written statement how he killed Lauren Giddings, as well as what he did with her body. WGCL reports authorities found the 27-year-old's dismembered torso wrapped in plastic in a dumpster outside her Macon, Ga., apartment across the street from the university where they both had graduated.

According to the Macon Telegraph, at 4:30 a.m. on June 26, 2011, a masked McDaniel used a master key to enter Giddings' apartment while she slept. McDaniel wrote in his statement that he watched the victim as she slept; when she woke up, he strangled her to death and placed her body in her bathtub. The killer wrote that he returned to the apartment later that night, after a day spent largely on his computer, and dismembered the corpse with a hacksaw.
After police found the body, McDaniel was arrested on an unrelated burglary charge, according to the station, and officers only discovered evidence that he killed Giddings after looking through his apartment and on his computer.

Prosecuting attorney David Cooke said internet history showed McDaniel had been gathering information about his neighbor online. Investigators also found pictures and videos on McDaniel's camera that were dated the morning of Giddings' disappearance.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pggswJrhrTE

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Nitrox posted:

As much as I hate this deuchebag, the prank is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Y6JyGCQhI&t=99s

Most of these cars look like they're parked pretty far away with plenty of parking around and they're not taking up spaces that anyone would have needed anyways. Pretty loving stupid.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Achti posted:

Let me just get this out of the way since you're practically asking for it: which car in that video was yours?

Double parking is pretty stupid and "nobody is going to need those spaces anyway" is also pretty dumb. It's not too much to ask to just park like an adult.

how about you don't need to tell someone else how to park as long as it doesn't affect you

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

mostlygray posted:

Firearms. Everything else doesn't matter. I never want to find out that one of my guns has harmed a person or, god forbid, my own children. I keep my firearms in a gun safe that is bolted to the wall behind an unsuspecting door to a closet and is too heavy to move even by damaging the walls. The ammunition is in a different locked fire cabinet in a different room also hidden behind an unsuspecting door. Each gun is disabled in it's own way that requires knowledge of firearms to put it back into working order. The solitary handgun I own is in a separate safe within the safe. The gun safe door itself uses a bizarre key that can't be picked unless you have a pre-made kit for it which is unlikely.

I may be a filthy communist liberal that believes in paying people to not work, free healthcare, and a rail system that works, but "gently caress off, I like guns".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBk

How do you know if someone likes guns?

Don't worry, they'll tell you!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

you can tell this is fake because who the gently caress uses commas in text messages

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

A lot of places Americans should never go have some appealing things about them, like beautiful scenery or exotic animals. What does North Korea even have going for it that a tourist would want to look at? I'm going to assume they don't have a hot restaurant scene.

It's "forbidden"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

^ I don't get a whole lot of freude out of that. Depending on the lighting/time of day, even a fake painted tunnel could reasonably look like a tunnel to a driver.

With regards to that bridge everyone slams into: I've heard all the reasons why they don't change it, but surely the cost of maintaining all the don't-go-here and the protect-the-bridge poo poo would eventually cost more than the expenses of lifting the bridge itself?

If you calculate over several hundred years then sure.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pal to Alto residents are upset with a new project

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

fullroundaction posted:

The whole thing was a PR/marketing stunt. Microsoft knew exactly what they were doing. The literal first thing they would have programmed was a "banned words" list into the algorithm otherwise.

Having you robot say "gently caress MY ROBOT PUSSY DADDY" does not sound like a PR stunt

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dex posted:

how does this thread always come back to the subject of children having sex

because this is consistently the worst loving thread in the entire forums.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

mostlygray posted:

He doesn't understand how dominance works. The dog has to respect you, not fear you. That "psst" noise he makes drives dog's insane and he needs to knock that poo poo off.

I believe in dominance, but it has to be mutual respect like a sled dog. My dog wakes up every morning and jumps all over me. She's happy that I still exist and the world is wonderful. I keep above her and never submit her, but I rub her face with my head and tell her she's a good girl. I run my fingers along her gums (they love that) and I praise her. My daughters do the same. But if she does something wrong, a simple short deep bark will put her on her back, no hands or feet necessary. You have to know how to speak dog. I've never struck her and definitely would never kick her like Milan even if she was hurting me. You don't kick a dog in the chest. You reserve that for "She's eating a child and there's a lot of blood". Not for "She lightly bit my hand with a soft mouth and I'm half a bag of dicks". The dogs body language did not indicate fear until he moved close. Never touch a scared dog. Find out what they're afraid of and deal with it.

He was clearly being an rear end in a top hat to the dog and it warned him. It didn't even bite hard until he kicked. That's on him, not the dog. It's a goddamn Yellow Lab. How do you even make one grumpy. Mine is happy as a pig in poo poo from dawn 'till dusk. I look forward to her greeting me every morning.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Slugnoid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iREWnOphK7M

This helmet appears in like like 75 percent of the failarmy skate videos where they bother to wear a helmet...

Pro-tec is one of the only companies making skate helmets, which are different than other types of helmets. So if you're skating and going to well a helmet, it's going to be a pro-tec.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Paladinus posted:

They are different in that they don't actually protect your head?

They're different in design. They have protection for the back of the head since skating falls are frequently back falls, unlike bicycling.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

We were so close to mentioning Steve Jobs without the cancer/overprice garbage circle jerk but you guys just can't help yourself can you?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Karma Monkey posted:

It really looks like he picked up the bike and just tossed it at the other biker. I love it. :allears::love:

drat, this trail is too steep.
Hey Dave, toss me that bike would ya?

http://i.imgur.com/eytP68M.gifv

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

People recording mirrored videos is an even worse trend than portrait orientation phone videos.

It's a webcam you dolt

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The reason many slowdowns occur in your area is because there's too many loving people (SF Bay Area).

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Wtf is a "parklet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Kurieg posted:

A very tiny park. They're dumb as hell but nothing to blow your poo poo over.

lol