Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

And then I got a promotion and collapsed for 11 hours.

Anyway, uh, where are we at? Gutter Owl wants Preparation, rchandra wants Sparing Power, cenotaph is officially the one up to choose first. I don't mind what we do so long as one of us takes Mana Draw because I consider that kind of essential.

cenotaph, since we've got two monasteries between us, feel free to take the one you're on if you'd like? It wouldn't do for me to be too greedy, and I'm going to be trudging through slow terrain for a while up here. Alternatively if you want to bolt ahead to reveal more tiles I can spend some time cleaning up around here then catch up when day hits and I can actually move worth a drat, either's fine by me.

Monastery-offer wise, I don't really care about Chivalry but I might pick up Dodge+Weave.

Gutter Owl posted:

EDIT: Stelas, can you add the faction reward token reference card to the reference card album, plz?

Can do, I'll rip it out of the module.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'll take Midnight Meditation. I wouldn't mind taking the mage tower and then the monastery but I don't want to hog everything. I'm planning on doing the mage tower first so I still have some rep in case I want to buy another spell.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'll take Mana Search, then. I'll figure stuff out based on how much movement I have, beyond that.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Preparation, searching for March.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak draws 3 cards.

Every instinct I've got says to blow up that monastery next to me right now, ugggh. Rolling the gold mana twice, it rolls back up gold both times. March to the monastery to the south, Powered Concentration -> Promise to get 6 Influence and pick up Dodge and Weave. Toss my Vampiric Elixir to get 1 Fame and level, picking up a Command Token that sadly I can't fill this turn because I'm not allowed.

It is Goldyx's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 14 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 4 red, 4 green, 3 white, 3 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 11 deck.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5 hand, 13 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5+1 hand, 17 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5+1 hand, 12 deck, 1 keep.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I feel a bit bad that I might end up monopolizing those three easy locations but I think we've got enough travelling to do that it probably will all work out fine either way, and it really is a bit more efficient for me to stall a bit before battling through that forest.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Stelas posted:

I feel a bit bad that I might end up monopolizing those three easy locations but I think we've got enough travelling to do that it probably will all work out fine either way, and it really is a bit more efficient for me to stall a bit before battling through that forest.
Hey man, it's not your fault you drew the best tile in the game. If you can't take all of that side of the board this turn I'm sure someone can mop it up.

Use green from the source to March into the tower, wound the Illusionists, take two wounds, use Rage and Intimidate to kill the Fire Mages, take Cure as the reward.

I'm probably going to sit here for a couple of turns, buying the familiars and then use them to buy more spells. Tremor should be good for the boss fights and Offering is a great spell for a mana hoarder like Goldyx.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Actually since Cure will ready the Illusionists when I heal them, use them to gain a white crystal before I go in.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx takes -2 rep - one for the tower, one for Intimidate. Goldyx levels and picks up a command token.

It is Krang's turn!

Anyone planning to pick up specific troops? I've got a Call to Glory to throw out next turn.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 14 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 4 red, 4 green, 3 white, 3 blue.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5+1 hand, 17 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Like I said I'd like the Familiars.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I'm mostly looking at the Shocktroopers or the Crossbowmen, but the other guys are close enough to the keep that I should check.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

If I get a wandering orc and then an influence card I might recruit one of them (shocktroopers work nicely with my skills), but that seems shaky to plan on. Just take whichever you want.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The one next to Krang is a super easy kill, at least. I mean, a lone Swiftness will take care of it.

Oh right. Defend 1 is a new expansion ability on one of those orcs - whenever an enemy with Defend is involved in a battle, it will add its Defend score to the armor of whatever the player first throws any form of damage at.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Sorry for the wait, rough day.

No move. Play Amulet of the Sun for gold mana and daytime rules.

Use gold die, play March (powered) for Move 4. Activate Peasants for Move 2 (6 total). Activate Herbalists to ready Peasants. Enter 6-branch with Peasants.

(If I can kill it with Concentration + Swiftness, do that.)

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 22, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krang encounters a Medusa, and it dies like a dog. ... we are getting pretty lucky, here.

Krang draws:
Banner of Protection: Assign to a unit. This unit gets +1 Armor, fire resistance, and ice resistance.
Diamond Ring: Gain a white mana token and a white crystal. Fame +1.

It is Braevelar's turn!

Krang (Gutter Owl) - 2 hand, 17 deck, artifact choice.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Spare power
March for Move 2, explore.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Ooh, tough call. If I'd picked up a better unit, I might consider the banner.

But I gotta go with Ring. Mana is so crucial if I'm gonna run a hardcore Regen game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The dice rolled up Dark Crusaders both times. (I'm treating red/blue/green as Dark Crusader, white/gold/black as Elementalist - 1-3 and 4-6 on a d6, effectively.)
The top-most of the two enemies there are on a Graveyard.

Actually, I've fiddled with the map a bit to make things (hopefully) clearer. If things continue I might try something a bit effortful.

Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 15 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 11 deck, 1 keep, 1 card spared.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Gutter Owl posted:

Ooh, tough call. If I'd picked up a better unit, I might consider the banner.

But I gotta go with Ring. Mana is so crucial if I'm gonna run a hardcore Regen game.

White mana best mana.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

What a mess. Need to draw Song of Wind and just go around south.

Crystallize (blue die) for blue crystal.
end turn

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak draws 3 cards.

Rerolling a gold and a blue leaves us filled with black. Mana Pull, take a white and black, Call to Glory the Stormtroopers into service. Burn the Monastery!! The Monastery contains Ice Mages (6 Armor, Ice Resist, 5 Ice Attack) - let them hit me for two Wounds, white crystal for Swiftness + Vial of Toxin for 3+2 Attack, Dodge + Weave sideways to make it up to 6. (I'm really not sure if you can freely 'count' Ranged Attack as Normal Attack in the Attack phase - Tezla could have done with a lot of clarifications!) Healing Ritual the wounds away.

Healing Ritual, for some reason, does not state it has a time limit on it, so I'm pretty happy tossing it out now.

Arythea draws:
Sword of Justice: When you play this, discard any number of cards from your hand for +3 Attack each. Fame +1 for each enemy you defeat this turn.
Book of Wisdom: Training in free form.

I'll take the Book.

It is Goldyx's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 11 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 4 red, 3 green, 2 white, 2 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 8 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 15 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5+1 hand, 9 deck, 1 keep, 1 card spared.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

My attack cards are all at the bottom of my deck, it seems, so I'm going to shuffle along slowly for the next turn at least. The Dummy's being really, really nice.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Stelas posted:

Healing Ritual, for some reason, does not state it has a time limit on it, so I'm pretty happy tossing it out now.

The co-op skills card says all skills have to be used within one turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Ah, fair enough. The Vassal module doesn't have a scan of the entire card, just the skill text, and the wording on the actual skills is a bit inconsistent. A bit annoying, but I'd rather not rest the wounds away.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Use a green crystal cast Cure, healing the Illusionists and readying them. Use a white crystal to play powered Promise, then activate the Illusionists to get 8-1=7 Influence and buy the Familiars, putting the second white crystal on them, leaving one influence left. Then activate the Familiars and play Threaten for a total of eight influence and use the red die in the source to buy Offering.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx does that stuff.

By CO, Krang:

quote:

Start of turn, play Diamond Ring for a white token, white crystal, and +1 fame. Use white token to Regenerate.

Call out the Sprite. Activate Peasants for Block 2, block first attack. Peasants intercept second attack. Use red die, play Rage (powered) for Attack 4 and kill.

End turn and level. Take Ambush no matter what my other rewards are.

Krang draws:
Fire Gem: One source of Attack or Block from one action card becomes Fire.

Krang draws:
Arcane Disguise: Once a turn, +2 Influence. You may flip this token to ignore reputation this turn. You may spend a green mana to unflip this token.
Puppet Master: Once a turn, either keep one enemy token you defeated or discard one previously kept enemy token. If you discard, then either get half the Attack value as Attack or half the Armor value as Block. If the attack was Ice or Fire, so is the Attack you get. If the token had Ice or Fire resistance, the block is of the opposite type.

It is Braevelar's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 11 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 4 red, 3 green, 2 white, 2 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 8 deck.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5 hand, 11 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 13 deck, skill choice.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5+1 hand, 9 deck, 1 keep, 1 card spared.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

I've actually run a pretty likeable Krang this game. I think I'll try out Puppet Master this time, and leave Arcane Disguise for the monastery crowd.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

This scenario provides more in the way of rep rewards than the base game, in any case: popping a graveyard or a glade will give a +1 on top of all existing methods.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

No one likes a cultist running around in their backyard, driving down the property value.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Also in the end there's the potential to grab a Tome of Relearning if everything goes south. Those are a pretty cute idea. In general I think I prefer the Dark Crusader rewards, though.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

If y'all can leave a greenRED in the source for my next turn, I'd appreciate it.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 23, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Personally, I'd have gone for the disguise. +2 influence for every turn, guaranteed, until the rest of the game is pretty awesome. Even if you don't need a lot of followers, that still gets you 5-cost spells from wizards, four-cost actions from monastery, or a free point of healing every turn you're on a monastery. Puppet Master can only ever be used in 50% of your fights, and it's a modest boost at that unless you get lucky.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Captain Bravo posted:

Personally, I'd have gone for the disguise. +2 influence for every turn, guaranteed, until the rest of the game is pretty awesome. Even if you don't need a lot of followers, that still gets you 5-cost spells from wizards, four-cost actions from monastery, or a free point of healing every turn you're on a monastery. Puppet Master can only ever be used in 50% of your fights, and it's a modest boost at that unless you get lucky.

I think it's a bit more even than that. Puppet master can be handy for big the fights at the end of the game where having non-deck sources of effects is very useful (and you've probably killed a draconum by that point meaning it will be non-trivial). Plus in co-op situations it's possible someone else can get more use from it, like he said. Not sure what I would have picked in that situation.

CO: Use Tranquility to heal the two wounds in my hand, preferring to use mana from the source if there are two or more green available as per Gutter Owl's request, a green crystal otherwise. Nothing else this turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

cenotaph posted:

CO: Use Tranquility to heal the two wounds in my hand, preferring to use mana from the source if there are two or more green available as per Gutter Owl's request, a green crystal otherwise. Nothing else this turn.

Gutter Owl's switched to red, but I'll see what I can do to roll up some appropriate mana.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

No movement, so:

Spare power
Tranquillity (green die), drawing 2.

e: this is totally my fault, I should have looked at the map and seen the song of wind move during Tactic choice.

rchandra fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 23, 2015

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

Rerolling a gold and a blue leaves us filled with black. Mana Pull, take a white and black, Call to Glory the Stormtroopers into service. Burn the Monastery!! The Monastery contains Ice Mages (6 Armor, Ice Resist, 5 Ice Attack) - let them hit me for two Wounds, white crystal for Swiftness + Vial of Toxin for 3+2 Attack, Dodge + Weave sideways to make it up to 6. (I'm really not sure if you can freely 'count' Ranged Attack as Normal Attack in the Attack phase - Tezla could have done with a lot of clarifications!) Healing Ritual the wounds away.

Well, in fairness you could always just use the vial of toxin on the sideways dodge and weave.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I never claimed to be any good at the game, though.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Braevelar's hand is updated. Please pretend the map has a used green die.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Concentration for a blue token.
Stamina (token), Threaten for Move 5, NE by graveyard.
Shout at orcs skeletons.
No block, take two wounds.
Wound, Rage (with Healing Ritual) for Attack 5, kill skeletons.
end turn, level up, faction token

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Braevelar levels and picks up a command token.

Braevelar draws:
Staff of Concealment: Move 2. Your movement does not provoke rampaging enemies this turn.

Tovak draws 3 cards.

Reroll the two golds. Stamina and Powered Temporal Portal get me to the monastery (the idea is to assault the graveyard on the way 'back' from that corner). Draw up to 6.

It is Goldyx's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 8 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 3 red, 2 green, 1 white, 2 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5+1 hand, 5 deck.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5 hand, 11 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 13 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 5 deck, 1 keep, 2 cards spared.

• Locked thread