Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Per my co, use green crystal to Tranquility and heal two wounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, missed that in all the talk.

By CO, Goldyx heals up.

It is Krang's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 8 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 3 red, 2 green, 1 white, 2 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5+1 hand, 5 deck.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5 hand, 8 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 13 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5+1 hand, 4 deck, 1 keep, 2 cards spared.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

Stelas fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 23, 2015

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Before my turn use Midnight Meditation to shuffle everything but March back into the deck and redraw.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

One more card for being by my keep please (wondering if saving nature's vengeance was an error - those vampires seem to want it more).

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
drat, messed up because I forgot that keeps are still territorial even in co-op games. Welp.

Play Ambush + Savage Harvesting for move 4. Move SW to village. Discard Tranquility for a green crystal.

Use red die, play Ruthless Coercion (powered) for Influence 6, -1 reputation. Spend 4 influence to hire scouts, disbanding the peasants. Spend 2 influence on Coercion's effect to ready the Herbalists.

End turn. Pillage immediately.

NEVERMIND.

Play Savage Harvesting for move 2. Move NW to Keep. Discard Tranquility for a green crystal.

Use red die, play Ruthless Coercion (powered) for Influence 6, -1 reputation. Spend 4 influence to hire scouts, disbanding the peasants. Spend 2 influence on Coercion's effect to ready the Herbalists.

End turn.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 23, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

drat, messed up because I forgot that keeps are still territorial even in co-op games. Welp.

Not sure what you mean by territorial - you can go into the keep, you just don't get a bonus from it because you have 0 of them.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

rchandra posted:

One more card for being by my keep please (wondering if saving nature's vengeance was an error - those vampires seem to want it more).

Oops, hand will be updated in a sec.

e: Goldyx's Midnight Meditation has been done, also. Just waiting on Gutter Owl to confirm, given my post above.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 23, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Stelas posted:

Not sure what you mean by territorial - you can go into the keep, you just don't get a bonus from it because you have 0 of them.

(Hour-long, frenzied reading of the rules later.) Oh for fucks' sake.

I was paying attention to the fact that all the keep rules mention "another player" (not opposing player), and the cooperative rules never contradicted this statement.

Until I noticed this one sentence in the Full Cooperation Scenario setup blurb: "Team Rules apply, except you are all one team. (see the General principles section)." And the TEAM rules (for 2v2 scenarios) specify that you can chill in an ally's keep.

Durr. Move to Braevelar's keep instead of the village. Keep Ambush in hand. No pillaging, clearly.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 23, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

quote:

So what's the plan?
  • This will be a four player cooperative game, using the new Life and Death rules below. In this scenario the Mage Knights must face both the Elementalist forces of the southeast and the Dark Crusade forces to the northwest.
  • As such, PVP is off. You may move into each other's keeps, but being in or adjacent to a conquered keep will only give you a hand size boost based on how many you yourself have taken over.
:colbert:

It is Braevelar's turn! I forgot to update the Fame track screenshot, but Krang's rep hit has been done and will show up next update.

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 8 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 3 red, 2 green, 1 white, 2 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5+1 hand, 5 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 10 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5+1 hand, 4 deck, 1 keep, 2 cards spared.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | Faction Leaders | Site Reference | Unit Reference (Main) | Unit Reference (Faction) | Faction Rewards

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Flip Sparing Power. Let's hit that graveyard!
wait, no.

e2:

Spare power
Druidic paths, Staff of Concealment for Move 4 + discount, into the graveyard.
Mana Draw (white die) black -> blue for 2 blue tokens.
Nature's Vengeance, Guardsmen to block the Vampire
Don't block the Ghouls, Guardsmen get bit.
Mana Bolt (2 blue tokens), Rage for 10 Attack to kill them both.
end turn

rchandra fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 23, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Look at this guy clearing Graveyards in the blink of an eye. Braevelar gets a Spell as a reward, along with an Orb of Twilight (change a gold die into black or vice versa) and a Vampiric Chalice.

Tovak draws 3 cards again. It's very likely he's going to deck himself next turn...

I blow up the Monastery, take 2. It is an Illusionist (3 Armor, Phys Resist) - I use my white crystal and a red die to power both Swiftness and Battle Versatility and pop him, gaining 4 xp and a level, and an advanced action/skill/artifact. Voluntarily discard Crystallize.

Arythea draws:
Power of Pain: Once a turn, you may play a Wound sideways for +2.
Dark Fire Magic: Once a round, gain a red crystal, and a red or black mana.

I'm kind of thinking Goldyx will get more use out of Dark Fire Magic and I'm not intended to get that wounded soooooo... I'm gonna nab Krang's Arcane Disguise, and Agility because then I have to.

Arythea draws:
Tome of All Spells: Discard a card to use a Spell of that color's effect without paying mana.
Shield of the Fallen Kings: A big mess of Block.

Tome thx.

It is Goldyx's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 5 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 3 red, 0 green, 1 white, 1 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 5 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 2 hand, 3 deck, 1 keep, 3 cards spared, spell choice.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

We likely have 3 turns left each (including the one I just did). 4 if we're very lucky.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Tremor/Earthquake is just too good if we have big piles of foes with the leaders.

Definitely need more mana sources now.

e: less true than I thought, rethinking.

rchandra fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 24, 2015

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah it doesn't look like Volkare numbers which is why I didn't grab it.

I'm out right now I'll do my turn in a couple of hours.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Actually just use powered Stamina (blue from source) and unpowered March to move to the dungeon and end my turn, not going in yet.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Faction Leaders will have 7 tokens each. I mean, that's still a pretty solid chunk if you're planning to clean them out.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Time to pray for red mana. If a red die comes up, and Goldyx doesn't use up Nature's Vengeance, I can clear the glade to the south.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

cenotaph posted:

Actually just use powered Stamina (blue from source) and unpowered March to move to the dungeon and end my turn, not going in yet.

If you can cross the desert while it's still night that mmmight work out a little better - if we're both on the tile I'm on when day rolls round we're kind of forced down that strip of forest fighting over targets, and I was planning to hang around until daytime to get another cast of Call to Glory off the graveyard. I'll be slow enough that going forward guarantees a couple tiles to yourself, I think?

I mean I know I've already farmed that tile to hell and back so you're totally within rights to go ahead if you want, I'm just worried about next round.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

(I wouldn't mind Gutter Owl and rchanda checking my logic, as it were, because I'm running the game and don't want to look/feel like I'm pushing players down specific routes.)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Well I need an artifact and more fame. If I explore there's a good chance I'll just get another rampaging enemy to block me and if I keep doing that I'll lag behind. I still have a decent amount of movement left in my deck. I can get back.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sounds good to me, then. Sorry! Just figured it was worth checking.

It is Krang's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 5 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 3 red, 0 green, 1 white, 1 blue.
Goldyx (cenotaph) - 5 hand, 6 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 2 hand, 3 deck, 1 keep, 3 cards spared, spell choice.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly have no opinion. I'm so used to competitive Mage Knight, I have no idea what to do for spacing when not trying to eat someone else's lunch.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm used to basically spreading out and taking a diagonal(ish) each, and then converging on Volkare's city if applicable? But this scenario is a little weird in that our objectives are going to be large scale but necessarily spaced out, so I'm not sure how it'll work. At the moment I'm assuming the standard 'get to core tiles by the 2nd night' but I think we haven't got any problems there.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Seems like hanging out in pairs or near-pairs is leaving enough for everybody. For the leaders will we want to hit them in big groups (probably Night 2 and 3?), or more like two on each in Day/Night 3?

Expose. going back and forth on this, all 3 spells could conceivably help for the Ruins.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Boo, mana dice.

Green die to cast Underground Travel, tunnelling to the glade. Challenge the Elementalists.

Return Nature's Vengeance to Braevelar, give the Eagles -1ATK and cumbersome. Play Ambush for Move 2, +1 to next attack. Play Stamina for Move 2. Use move to drop the cumbersome eagles to zero attack, automatically blocking them and breaking their Evasion. Take the Water Elemental to the face for 2 wounds.

Play Rage for Attack 2, +1 for Ambush. Activate Scouts for Siege Attack 1 (4 total), kill eagles. End combat, the Elemental lives for now.

Post-combat, crack green crystal and activate Herbalists for Heal 2, throw away my wounds. End turn.

EDIT: Oh, and collect the token for Puppet Master.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 24, 2015

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Is that legal? the glade doesn't seem very safe.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I believe the glade is a safe space - you have to actually enter it to assault the troops stationed there.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Oops. Thought you had to move in each turn but that's just the Hidden Valley / Necropolis.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The Glade gets half-dead. Note that it does not provide its benefits until it is empty. Krang gains a Cloak of Shielding.

It is Braevelar's turn!

Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 6 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5 hand, 1 deck, 1 keep, 3 cards spared.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

My hand is just showing 2 cards.

If I have One with the Land:
Spare power
One with the Land (green die) to heal the guardsmen.
end turn
flip Sparing power to draw everything.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Not 100% sure what happened there. Think dropbox dropped connection mid-upload or something? Braevelar has One With The Land, so uses it.

Tovak draws his last card.

Mana Search gold to gold to green. Book of Wisdom, throwing out March to upgrade to Pathfinding. Try for some time to figure out a way to kill those priests and fail. Fuckin' priests. Powered Stamina, Pathfinding, Agility to move 2+2+(5-1) to the Graveyard.

It is Goldyx's turn!

Dummy Player (Tovak) - 0 deck. 2 red, 2 blue crystals. Remaining cards: 0 red, 0 green, 0 white, 0 blue.
Arythea (Stelas) - 5 hand, 1 deck.
Krang (Gutter Owl) - 5 hand, 6 deck.
Braevelar (rchandra) - 5+3 hand, 1 deck, 1 keep.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Go into the dungeon.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Krang CO:

Challenge Elemental. No range, no block. Take two wounds, but use Cloak of Shielding to ignore one. Red die, crack white crystal, play Swiftness (powered) and Improvisation (powered) discarding Force of Nature for Attack 8. Kill Elemental.

End turn, throw away wound from hand to Glade effect.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

:doh: Just re-read the rulebook and OP for like the tenth time and finally noticed that faction tokens need to be turned in for fame during interaction so I screwed that up. I probably could have bought Intimidate without Diplomacy and just used the token then so it's not too bad, just would have shifted the order I did things a bit.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The dungeon contains a Hydra - 6 Armor, Ice Resist, 2/2/2 Attack, 5 Fame.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

So for the purposes of the faction token I have, would you guys think Will Focus plus Rage counts as "One source of Attack from a single card" or two? On the one hand Will Focus says "play another action card" but on the other hand the rest of the card seems to say it would make Rage have attack 7. I'm not sure.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

cenotaph posted:

So for the purposes of the faction token I have, would you guys think Will Focus plus Rage counts as "One source of Attack from a single card" or two? On the one hand Will Focus says "play another action card" but on the other hand the rest of the card seems to say it would make Rage have attack 7. I'm not sure.

I believe that would count, because you're modifying Rage's effect and then applying Will Focus to it. In effect you've gone 'the source of Attack on Rage is not normal Attack, it's Ranged Attack' and then Will Focus applies its +3.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I mean, who the hell really knows because Ghostly Elixir doesn't even say when its effect applies, or even specify that you have to play the card before modifying it. It's split hairs all the way down, easier to roll with it.

(I like some of the ideas in Tezla but the manual needed another editing pass.)

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm inclined to agree, especially since the FAQ says this:

quote:

When I play another card with cards like Concentration, Will Focus and Maximal Effect, how does this work with resistances?
The second card played is what matters since the first card is just making the second card better. E.g. if you play the stronger effect of Maximal Effect with Ice Shield on an enemy with Ice Resistance, the special effect does not happen.

The first sentence seems to indicate that Concentration/Will Focus is essentially a non-entity and that the second card matters.

Also, per my gaffe earlier, apparently you can interact and do nothing:

quote:

Can I play Noble Manners in a village but not actually spend the Influence and still get the Fame bonus?
Yes, as long as you use your action to interact

I could have Interacted simply to hand in the token at the monastery as my action for that round. Accidentally legal!

As long as we go with the single effect interpretation my action is:

Use green crystal craft to use Will Focus on Rage and use the faction token to make it ranged to kill the Hydra. Use red from the source to play Offering to discard Mana Draw and Improvisation for one white crystal and two red crystals.

cenotaph fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The blue crystal from crystal craft will go to waste but oh well.

• Locked thread