Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

VikingSkull posted:

that's a weird way of saying our Lord and Saviour, the God-Emperor of Mankind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHOAf7VamkU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
bump

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
So I got inside The Institute.

Is meeting "father" the actual end of the game/main story line, or does it keep going after that? I've run some missions for them, but I haven't had any missions in the entire southern half of the city so I'm assuming there's more.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

Is meeting "father" the actual end of the game/main story line, or does it keep going after that? I've run some missions for them, but I haven't had any missions in the entire southern half of the city so I'm assuming there's more.

that's only like halfway through the main quest

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

psydude posted:

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

that's only like halfway through the main quest

It's only halfway through the main quest if you hear him out and play his reindeer games. You can of course trash talk the Institute, put a bullet in your traitor son's head, and pop smoke. Then you launch right to the endgame missions for the Brotherhood or the Railroad. Bonus points for getting to tell the BoS leader to suck your dick from the back when he freaks out about what you just did.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Yeah I opted to go with the Institute because the BoS is boring and the railroad is cool but meh. Some of the fight sequences are pretty cool.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm doing a playthrough right now where I just kill the factions when I first encounter them, along with most other NPCs. Burn it all to the ground.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
but the minutemen are unkillable :(

i really wanted danse to be killable and when i lit that rocket engine up i was hoping to kill him

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
that fallout tweaker mod has a box you can check that disables invincible npcs

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Quick questions about Dogmeat

Is it possible to feed him with either the dog food, or cooked meat, and instead of the teddy bear, can he play with the rubber alien toy?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Quick questions about Dogmeat

Is it possible to feed him with either the dog food, or cooked meat, and instead of the teddy bear, can he play with the rubber alien toy?

Go outside

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I get my PC back next week. :getin:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

ded posted:

i really wanted danse to be killable and when i lit that rocket engine up i was hoping to kill him

That poo poo doesn't kill him? I avoided turning that fucker on because I was trying to avoid killing him. drat it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It kentucky fries all the synths, his power armor keeps him safe. Good if you're low on health/ammo, bad if you want the xp.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ded posted:

wait that doesn't kill him?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

ded posted:

from a later quest:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ah the danse macabre

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I actually felt bad about killing Danse. It was basically the only honorable way out for him, so I did what he wanted. If my CHA stat was higher, could I talk him into giving me his dogtags and leaving? He was absolutely dead-set on suicide by cop. Probably the first time in years a game made me feel anything at all.

:golfclap:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yes, you can talk him out of it, but you'll also need to whip out some brass balls to convince someone else who shows up immediately after. It's doable, though.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

there was dialog?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Literally just found out there's a group of power armor loving Greasers in the game. Brb gonna join up with these hep cats

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Literally just found out there's a group of power armor loving Greasers in the game. Brb gonna join up with these hep cats

They also give you their sweet rear end duds.

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 12, 2015

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I've been pretty good about not spoiling stuff for myself, and I just got Kellogg tracked down, and first of all, I was dumb for going in there without ammo for like my 3 favorite weapons, so I was trying to kill that stealthy gently caress and his two bros with a armor piercing pea shooter and frag mines. Took me 7 retries I think? And secondly, The Brotherhood of Steel heli-carrier coming over the hilltop afterwards was pretty badass. I knew there was going to be a moment where you went from small-scale Fallout to poo poo is Real and I think that set the tone for things to come pretty well.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

There was a Fat Man behind a security gate like 5 minutes prior to meeting him. It was over pretty quick :v:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

They have a hot rod magazine and IIRC a bobble head too.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
OMG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MX8Rvn48dQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBX1VkZcy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmLdClG4N8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mSs06ASK8I

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I'm towards the end of the game, and I've mostly been helping the Railroad with undercover poo poo in the institute, but haven't actually pulled the trigger. After hearing about this Red Glare thing I'm not so sure they're the good guys anymore and I'm thinking I could better save the Commonwealth atop my Institute throne

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So I did a brotherhood ending because I wanted to see Prime do his thing. Proctor Ingram gave me a quest afterwords to make reactor coolant. Cool I get to make purewater... hahaha nope.

Gas Canister
Nuclear Material 2x
Antifreeze 3x
Dirty Water 5x

Earns 25 caps per. lmbo

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

So I did a brotherhood ending because I wanted to see Prime do his thing. Proctor Ingram gave me a quest afterwords to make reactor coolant. Cool I get to make purewater... hahaha nope.

Gas Canister
Nuclear Material 2x
Antifreeze 3x
Dirty Water 5x

Earns 25 caps per. lmbo

Shoulda done Institute. You still get to see Prime do his thing, after you help a synth hack it.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
gently caress that. Railroad ending was great you get an awesome Hindenburg impression followed by seeing Atom cleanse the institute. Not sure what comes next, I went to sleep.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

thetechnoloser posted:

Shoulda done Institute. You still get to see Prime do his thing, after you help a synth hack it.

Weak. The Institute's Prime shenanigans last for maybe a minute, tops. The Brotherhood quest, on the other hand, is a glorious rampage across the city, wading across the river, paying tribute to war heroes, and finally drilling through the ground with laser eyes.

Obviously, your patriotism subroutines weren't engaged.

BoS ending best ending.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Finally had the UFO crash random event happen for me. Totally missed it happening and just walked up on the aftermath while traveling. Followed the blood to the cave and collected the goodies inside.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

the BoS and Railroad endings are exactly the same minus the prime rampage so the BoS ending is better. also the railroad is a stupid faction

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

krispykremessuck posted:

the BoS and Railroad endings are exactly the same minus the prime rampage so the BoS ending is better. also the railroad is a stupid faction

pretty much yep. also the device you have to make doesn't break while its in use.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I got a message saying that my settlement was under attack at Taffington Boathouse. 21 settlers there, many of them armed and armored by me just for funsies. I fast travel there expecting some raiders or super mutants and it's a mad house. The settlers are shooting each other, and the gun turrets are shooting at the settlers. Weirdly, many of the settlers had somehow acquired Institute Pistols. After the fighting dies down and the smoke clears, I loot the corpses of these settlers and find Institute Pistols and Synth Components on all of them, even on a couple I'd armored up. I count five dead synths and Taffington Boathouse goes from 21 to 16 population.

They are infiltrating my settlements. Luckily my gun turrets can turn the average settler into hamburger. I kinda wanna go to a random settlement and kill everyone to see if I'll find any Synth Components on anyone.

Edit: Built a bell that summons everyone in town to the same spot and killed them with Cryo Mines so their bodies wouldn't fly away. Synth components on two randos at another settlement, plus the Brahmin was a synth too. Apparently they sabotage your poo poo and lower happiness in your towns. I'm thinking that I should either switch my companion to Strong and go on a killing spree or order all the synths to relocate to another empty settlement that is walled off like a prison with no gate.

Sergg fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 21, 2015

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Survival mode recap......death.....death never changes. Two legendary raiders with nuke launchers that seem to have Vats like targeting have been enough to make me have to walk away from the game.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Melthir posted:

Survival mode recap......death.....death never changes. Two legendary raiders with nuke launchers that seem to have Vats like targeting have been enough to make me have to walk away from the game.

`

tgm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
This thread has run its course.

• Locked thread