Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

better to extort their food than extort their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
extort my dick from the back

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

to be honest in this game the BoS are gigantic loving dicks, like i understand they want to kill the institute but also the loving railroad?

maybe they are full of butthurt virginia gently caress bois that got tired of bostonians telling them that VA is not part of the northeast.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Basically Arthur Maxson absorbed all the wrong influences, West Coast as opposed to East Coast, and transformed his BoS into basically an occupying military dictatorship. The difference being that on the East Coast there was no NCR to overawe the BoS so they turned into complete douchebags. They're also turning into the goddamn Enclave with their "pure humanity only, no nonhumans allowed to live" poo poo.

They're also still very much a military--there's terminal entries about soldiers shirking duties to go fire the fun toys at feral ghouls, soldiers having "who can drop the farthest" competitions off skyscrapers and off their airship.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Squire from one of the earlier BoS missions is literally dressed like a Hitler youth. And tells you that he can't wait to watch you cleanse the commonwealth of undesireables.

This game is the GiPpest of games.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
NUKES CURE ROBOTS

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
holy balls. using the fallout4 tweak program to set the game to use all 4 cores sure does make it run faster

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ded posted:

holy balls. using the fallout4 tweak program to set the game to use all 4 cores sure does make it run faster

Link? I have everything set to ultra and hover around 50-55 fps with dips into the 30s.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They didn't multithread the game from the get-go? WTF bethesda.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Was the engine originally single core and they just never bothered to update it?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the game is made to run on consoles. thats why it has these weird as poo poo fps issues with animations breaking when you pick locks and use terminals

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

the game is made to run on consoles. thats why it has these weird as poo poo fps issues with animations breaking when you pick locks and use terminals

That still doesn't explain it, because the Xbone and the PS4 both use multicore processors.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Its time for Aengus "AssFace" Finn, former boxer, veteran and full time drunk to debut in the wasteland.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think I'm gonna make Trevor from GTAV for my second run.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I think I'm gonna make Trevor from GTAV for my second run.

There is a trevor up on nexus already.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I didn't realize it, but companions can randomly take poo poo out of locked containers. Like the Grognak axe. And dogmeat can yoink the cryolator out if you ask him to search for things.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

ded posted:

I didn't realize it, but companions can randomly take poo poo out of locked containers. Like the Grognak axe. And dogmeat can yoink the cryolator out if you ask him to search for things.

I think I know how I'm starting my next game

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Update on Angus "AssFace" Finn, brother to the late Aengus "AssFace" Finn, playing on survival difficulty, melee build slowly adding more stats so he can can drink and do drugs without getting addicted, lock-pick, hack and get the pain train perk.

Baseball bats are OP as gently caress.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I tried out survival difficulty. It's bullshit hp soak crap. I put over 1k bullets into the deathclaw and it was at 60% still.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

I tried out survival difficulty. It's bullshit hp soak crap. I put over 1k bullets into the deathclaw and it was at 60% still.

Yeah but an IRL Deathclaw would kill you in like two seconds
:goonsay:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
if survival mode was like the hardcore mode in NV it would be a lot better. but nope its you do less damage, heal slower, get hit harder, and have to do 50x more damage to kill anything.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ded posted:

same but i loaded up with chems and killed it with a loving tire iron.

sorry about your lovely build.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

ded posted:

if Fallout 4 was like NV it would be a lot better. but nope

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

dont misquote me rear end gently caress

f4 is pretty drat dope as is

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've only played the game on Survival and aside from the first 5 levels or so, it's really quite manageable. You don't really start feeling like a demigod until the mid/late 30s and even at 50 in my current playthrough lots of poo poo is still very deadly. I've just got to the glowing sea and busted out the power armor for the first time this character. I've had Curie running around with a sick rear end gatling laser since I don't need my cores.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Mods will add in a proper survival mode.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I hope they have a ammo crafting mod. I want my coin shot for my combat shotgun.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They spent too much effort on that lame-rear end settlement building thing and not enough effort on weapon and armor variety/crafting. I ran out of poo poo to make like halfway through the game and ended up using the same guns from levels 20-40

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Edgar posted:

I hope they have a ammo crafting mod. I want my coin shot for my combat shotgun.

there is a mod for it. but im pretty sure most of the crafting mods are hosed up and ruin your save file.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

They spent too much effort on that lame-rear end settlement building thing and not enough effort on weapon and armor variety/crafting. I ran out of poo poo to make like halfway through the game and ended up using the same guns from levels 20-40

Same here. I don't give a gently caress about playing the Sims, I want to actually feel like my weapons are getting stronger, and not just my tankiness.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
once you realize that a 'pretty' or 'walled to hold off invaders' settlement means absolutely nothing, you get over the building and just stick beds in lovely shacks and give no fucks

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

ded posted:

once you realize that a 'pretty' or 'walled to hold off invaders' settlement means absolutely nothing, you get over the building and just stick beds in lovely shacks and give no fucks

Good to know.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'm still pretty into the settlements, but I think that's just a difference in mindset--I'm an architecture, Cities: Skylines kind of guy.

Plus, while the big open square spaces don't do anything for me, I love taking the weird ones like Hangman's Alley and seeing "okay, how can I actually make this place a functional settlement given that it's a goddamn alleyway like half a block long?"

(The answer is to build a hellish scrap tenement, but I managed to fit ten people and a full marketplace in there)

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

ded posted:

If only you had some kind of camp, perhaps where they could be taught to think intently, or be re-educated.

Since that image I found out you can make things more camp like by building a big bed and putting a sleeping bag under it. Kind of a Germanic efficiency.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I gave all of my settlement folks camouflage uniforms, BOS-painted armor, and rifles. If they are caught outside without a helmet they have to iron mike the perimeter while carrying a brahmin. Am I doing this rite?

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 29, 2015

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Can anyone give me a fix for why it crashes to desktop every 5 min or so. Clean installed drivers. Reinstalled game. Graphic card is cool. I'm baffled and dumb to figure this out. Runs skyrim just fine at 60+ fps.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

I gave all of my settlement folks camouflage uniforms, BOS-painted armor, and rifles. If they are caught outside without a helmet they have to iron mike the perimeter while carrying a brahmin. Am I doing this rite?

also kill settlers without a fresh shave

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Melthir posted:

Can anyone give me a fix for why it crashes to desktop every 5 min or so. Clean installed drivers. Reinstalled game. Graphic card is cool. I'm baffled and dumb to figure this out. Runs skyrim just fine at 60+ fps.

you need to give more info than that. system specs; ram, cpu, gfx card, ect. any mods, trying to use fallout4configtool or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

if survival mode was like the hardcore mode in NV it would be a lot better. but nope its you do less damage, heal slower, get hit harder, and have to do 50x more damage to kill anything.

Yeah I imagine the modding community will fix this shortly.

• Locked thread