Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I will not be satisfied until every game is as much of a pain in the rear end to play as DayZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got a gauss rifle that does double damage to targets at full health. Combine with my 5.3x sneak multiplier and it's :catstare:

Unfortunately, I got it about 85% of the way through my playthrough.

I still don't get the hate for survival mode, but whatever. I never really found things to be very bullet spongy except in a few very rare instances (unfortunately, the deathclaw at the start is one of them) and the lack of quick healing is very nice imo.

I am playing with a 360 controller, too.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

VATS was surprisingly good for when you've got one of those awesome unique melee weapons, you snuck into a room and immediately went VATS mode after it loaded.

They haven't detected you yet if you are quick enough, so you select everyone in the room and get massive criticals, most likely instant death from a big string of a sneak attacks.

Basically like Enter the Dragon but with more machete and flying limbs.

I'm doing this right now, but with the blitz perk and the unique bat you can buy in diamond city that uses 40% less action points. Once I get a few points into luck crit perks its gonna be hilarious

PookBear fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 30, 2015

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Melee VATS sneak attack stuff is hilariously broken once you get blitz 2 and ninja. You can run around ghosting entire rooms.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I found out the best way to recruit settlements without prestons stupid quests. kill the settlers on it and you can use the workbench

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ded posted:

once you realize that a 'pretty' or 'walled to hold off invaders' settlement means absolutely nothing, you get over the building and just stick beds in lovely shacks and give no fucks

was I supposed to build stuff? 'cause when the Sanctuary bitches needed beds I was like "here, there's some stained mattresses over in that blown out house"

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

ded posted:

you need to give more info than that. system specs; ram, cpu, gfx card, ect. any mods, trying to use fallout4configtool or not?

8g ram, 3.8 i7, 970 in sli, 1000w power supply, win 10. No mods and have no idea what falloutconfigtool is but will Google it when I get home. GPUs are not running hot. I'm baffled.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Melthir posted:

8g ram, 3.8 i7, 970 in sli, 1000w power supply, win 10. No mods and have no idea what falloutconfigtool is but will Google it when I get home. GPUs are not running hot. I'm baffled.

um heh. drivers maybe? with a monster system like that there shouldnt be any issues

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wish you could opt to not be in charge. When preston gives the lead to you, decline and have him in charge of building poo poo and you just give him materials and he does the dumb stuff.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Yeah isn't the character a general? Since when has a general ever actually done any manual labor.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

was I supposed to build stuff? 'cause when the Sanctuary bitches needed beds I was like "here, there's some stained mattresses over in that blown out house"

The settlement stuff is completely optional. I find it really fun but completely unnecessary. Can't wait for mods for it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I've done some stuff, I built myself a lil shack with the only nice bed in Sanctuary, a pool table and a few chairs. Sometimes I just sit there and pound whiskey and jet

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

The settlement stuff is completely optional. I find it really fun but completely unnecessary. Can't wait for mods for it.

The only time it's not optional is for the main quest but I just consoled the materials because seriously?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

psydude posted:

Yeah I imagine the modding community will fix this shortly.

I think they're busy modding in weird boobs and awesome outfits.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
loving lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
thanks, nexus.

:nws:

http://i.imgur.com/oYprQsT.gifv

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Honestly that's very tame for Nexus

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
there's far, far worse

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mike-o posted:

there's far, far worse

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah, kinda surprised she didn't have a horse cock.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, kinda surprised she didn't have a horse cock.

the mod is BIGGER BOOBS BUTTS not BIGGER HORSE COCKS

have to wait for the GECK for that

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want a gun mod that is a cock which shoots more cocks which shoot multicolored confetti. Also the cock projectiles and confetti are PhysX enabled.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I want a gun mod that is a cock which shoots more cocks which shoot multicolored confetti. Also the cock projectiles and confetti are PhysX enabled.

So you want the video that was cut from the old SA Second Life Safari articles. Except I think it was nuclear cock MIRV's.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I've done some stuff, I built myself a lil shack with the only nice bed in Sanctuary, a pool table and a few chairs. Sometimes I just sit there and pound whiskey and jet
Most of my post-apocalypse plans, really.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Wouldn't be that hard to shoot dildos out of the junk jet.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
can you not repair guns/armor anymore and/or combine a whole bunch of junk guns/armor so you can loot more stuff?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Nope, guns don't degrade anymore. You CAN tear down spare guns into scrap parts if you run into a weapons workbench and likewise with armor, which usually reduces weight, but after a while you're going to have more than enough of the parts those turn into. THOUGH, you can get perks that get you better poo poo from junk guns when you tear them down.

EDIT: Yeah, power armor needs repairs, but that's it, and you can't repair it in the field.
vvvv

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

can you not repair guns/armor anymore and/or combine a whole bunch of junk guns/armor so you can loot more stuff?

only thing that needs repairs is power armor in this one

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

only thing that needs repairs is power armor in this one

Yeah and it's bullshit because it always takes the same amount of poo poo to repair it, even if all you did was get shat on by a stingwing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

psydude posted:

Yeah and it's bullshit because it always takes the same amount of poo poo to repair it, even if all you did was get shat on by a stingwing.

well you dont have to be ocd about repairing every single nick

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Level 16, have cleared out most of the NW quad of the map, finally got that cap gravy train coming in for ammo. Time to make some friends using high explosives in the Diamond City area.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah .38 and 5.56 rounds are basically free money.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

Yeah .38 and 5.56 rounds are basically free money.

i only spent money a single time the entire 50 hours i spent with the game

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Frenzied powerfist is so satisfying

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

Frenzied powerfist is so satisfying

taking after your mother i see

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus