Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

##vote Verr

That whole post is garbage and you can't possibly clear 4 people just based on a single battle. Plus he once again tries to dictate battle lines to the king.

hey tmm how come when I asked you directly to read and respond to my merk case you totally didn't.

bowmore posted:

So if we focus on other scum do we give her yet another opportunity to slip the noose?

bowmore is probably scum fyi. maybe beetphucius too. wouldn't be shocked in any way if asiina flipped scum.

ok those are my final ECCO HOT TAKES, enjoy a non-ecco game, I hope you actually start posting cases and poop because this slow roll on me is pretty excruciating.

and keane remember our deal if you do not my (TOWN! :sax:) ghost will haunt u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nope I lied. one final plea:

EccoRaven posted:

hey as a brief aside before I go to trivia for the night, but would the people who are saying "ecco is deffo scumo today-o" say why? I promise not to respond to you until the end of the day (at the earliest), but, it's better for the town if we know why, since if I do flip scum it'll be easier to find who genuinely thought it and who was bussing :eng101:

merk actually made a case, KB is riding on his from yesterday, you all should either "me too" it or make your own.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nah I lied AGAIN (hang all liars!!!!), a final post.

gonna eviscerate merk's case against me in thirty words or less.

merk posted:

Ecco:
  • has played the scum 'survive at all costs' playbook;
  • discredited votes on him rather than try to determine the alignments behind the votes (until the survival playbook required attack);
  • switched a lynch on him to two lurkers, thereby giving us no information; and
  • has not produced a case or read that feels genuine in any way.
  • I avoid being being executed regardless of alignment
  • Discretion != scummy. I wanted to build my suspicions through dialogue.
  • That was all Diqnol, I was ready to die.
  • I disagree.

:boom:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

shhh now, no tears. only dreams now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shush Ecco. It's ok, sweet thing. Let me hold you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But seriously, I'm just not seeing as Ecco as scum this game and I don't think this lynch is a good idea. Not that I expect you guys to listen to me so I really hope I'm wrong.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

oh so you get to play the "i'm so smart but nobody understands me" card but when i try to admit I don't follow people be votin'.

rude

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

EccoRaven (3): merk, bowmore, merk, merk, EccoRaven
Little Mac (2): Rarity, FoxTerrier
Verr (2): Asiina, TMMadman
wins32767 (1): Little Mac
Lynch No One! (0): Rarity, Rarity
CCKeane (0): wins32767, wins32767

Not Voting (7): Beetphyxious, CCKeane, King Burgundy, Opopanax, Tommunist, Verr, wins32767

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 22 minutes.

Day 2 is Standard Majority!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ecco is probably going to weasel out of another lynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

hey tmm how come when I asked you directly to read and respond to my merk case you totally didn't.

bowmore is probably scum fyi. maybe beetphucius too. wouldn't be shocked in any way if asiina flipped scum.

ok those are my final ECCO HOT TAKES, enjoy a non-ecco game, I hope you actually start posting cases and poop because this slow roll on me is pretty excruciating.

and keane remember our deal if you do not my (TOWN! :sax:) ghost will haunt u.

Probably because I get distracted by shiny things, in this case it was Verrs post.

Anyway, you can run the merk case back by me again, but I have to admit that your self-vote looks horrible, especially given the some of the stuff you've said about game play in the general thread. One thing I don't like about your attacks right now is the whole 'why aren't people focused on me?" bit. For example, D1 was dominated by discussion between you, merk and diqnol who are all 3 very valid targets for a N1 cop by Asiina, but then you turn around and say 'What? Why didn't she investigate me? That's scummy!' If I was the cop, I'm not sure who I would have investigated out of those three. Diqnol wasn't exactly a bad choice given that he was at the forefront of the charge at you all day, but was also a major force in making sure you weren't lynched at the end of the day. I also don't like how you've been constantly defending Verr because his posts have been scummy, so it seems like you already know his alignment and you're either trying to buddy up to him or get him mislynched after you flip.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think we should read too much into Ecco's self vote, personally. I've seen town self-vote often enough and I have dim memories of a debate in the discussion thread once where Ecco thought it was a valid town move.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote ecco

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:sigh:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Rarity, it feels like you're playing a deep run scum game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am still really unsure what to think about the fact that I was told I am feeling ill today. I almost want to full claim just in case I die tonight.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Ecco is probably going to weasel out of another lynch.

EccoRaven posted:

"look at ecco with that reverse psychology!!" get bent merk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

TMMadman posted:

Anyway, you can run the merk case back by me again

no.
~~~~~~

TMMadman posted:

but I have to admit that your self-vote looks horrible, especially given the some of the stuff you've said about game play in the general thread.

EccoRaven posted:

If you see the writing on the wall - if you've tried to persuade people to unvote you (or vote your scum candidate instead), if you've picked apart the cases against you line by line, if you've claimed and shown your breadcrumbs and explained your thoughts and posts throughout the game - if you've done everything you can but a majority of players still would vote you as their #1, then you're done. There's nothing else to be said but waiting out the clock.

I think dying with dignity is important even if it's a mistake.
~~~~~~

TMMadman posted:

I also don't like how you've been constantly defending Verr because his posts have been scummy, so it seems like you already know his alignment and you're either trying to buddy up to him or get him mislynched after you flip.
tmm is scum hope this helps everyone win the game eventually.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You couldn't be more wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, go ahead and case me Ecco. I dare you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Come on Ecco. You called me scum, where is your case against me?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, I'm not really seeing what Ecco's seeing. This is pretty much the towniest I've ever seen TM play (which is admittedly not saying much)

merk posted:

I wish.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I'm not really seeing what Ecco's seeing. This is pretty much the towniest I've ever seen TM play (which is admittedly not saying much)

I wish.

Ecco is doing that thing (the same thing he did yesterday with me/Diqnol) where he tosses someone else's name out to see if someone in the thread will bite on his statement and vote that player or comment negatively about that player. Then, Ecco comes in and cases/votes the player if there's a hit. He's fishing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Ecco is doing that thing (the same thing he did yesterday with me/Diqnol) where he tosses someone else's name out to see if someone in the thread will bite on his statement and vote that player or comment negatively about that player. Then, Ecco comes in and cases/votes the player if there's a hit. He's fishing.

This doesn't seem right to me. Why throw out TM's name when he's had zero suspicion so far? Why not throw out somebody who's already got some heat on them?

Can you show where he did this yesterday for comparison?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I wish.

You cut me deep, Rarity. You cut me real deep just now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also just curious, but why do you think I'm town Rarity?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

In fact, go ahead and case me Ecco. I dare you.

EccoRaven posted:

my schedule has tightened and I won't be around at all tomorrow.

I have about five minutes between wine and my hair appointment right now

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I have about five minutes between wine and my hair appointment right now

So all you really wanted to do was call me scum and hope it stuck?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Ecco, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to figure out I'm town if you start at the beginning.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Also just curious, but why do you think I'm town Rarity?

I've said it before but it's the way you talk about the game and work through your reads. I feel like I can see the paths you take to those conclusions and it comes across to me as very genuine.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

So all you really wanted to do was call me scum and hope it stuck?

if you actually believe that just vote me already.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Rarity posted:

This is a very good point. I'd be willing to lynch Verr.

merk posted:

dude immediately flipped from Verr's a stupid newbie to Verr's scum after I said accused her day 2 battle claim of being fishy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

if you actually believe that just vote me already.

Just tell me why you think I'm scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ecco, if you have time for it before deadline it would be good to get your analysis on each of the votes on you, even if it's all you can do is a quick alignment call.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Verr posted:

dude immediately flipped from Verr's a stupid newbie to Verr's scum after I said accused her day 2 battle claim of being fishy.

You realise I said I was a decent melee dude on D1 as well, right?

Rarity posted:

Ok, just checked up on the rules and took a proper look at my role PM. I'm best off in melee.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

haha whoops.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rarity posted:

Can you show where he did this yesterday for comparison?

Are you kidding me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ecco asked multiple people what they thought of me and Diqnol before doing any analysis himself yesterday. It's in my case from yesterday, the one you responded to.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey merk, do you think I'm town or scum and why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

Ecco asked multiple people what they thought of me and Diqnol before doing any analysis himself yesterday. It's in my case from yesterday, the one you responded to.

Ah I see what you mean, it is pretty similar to how he approached you guys on D1. However, I wouldn't say that he's fishing and that's not what you originally said he was doing with you/diqnol either. In your case you say Ecco's trying to discredit the votes on him, that's not the same thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Hey merk, do you think I'm town or scum and why?

I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also, checking that made me notice:

TMMadman posted:

I also don't like how you've been constantly defending Verr because his posts have been scummy, so it seems like you already know his alignment and you're either trying to buddy up to him or get him mislynched after you flip.

TM, why are you suddenly posting from a position that assumes Verr is town after you've spent so much of the game thinking he's scum?

• Locked thread