Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This thread is totally the cool thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can be useful outside of combat. But if you need to send me in, I'm ranged.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

hey! keane! I propose we all post what our scumtells are. it worked pretty well when I was king of a thread. do you approve??!

anyone who lies about their scumtells is scum obviously!

I tend to post in big blocs more as scum as opposed to a constant stream of drivel. I'm also a little nicer when I'm scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My scumtell is posting a lot of big elaborate cases and also lots of shitposting. If I'm posting a lot I'm scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

hey! keane! I propose we all post what our scumtells are. it worked pretty well when I was king of a thread. do you approve??!

I don't know if I have any. I try to play my standard game regardless of alignment. But occasionally, if I'm on a scum team with someone with an important power or something, I won't go after them even if I normally would. For the most part I bus ruthlessly though and go after the same people I would if I were town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

My scumtell is posting a lot of big elaborate cases and also lots of shitposting. If I'm posting a lot I'm scum.

hahahahahahahhahahaha

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I don't know if I have any. I try to play my standard game regardless of alignment. But occasionally, if I'm on a scum team with someone with an important power or something, I won't go after them even if I normally would. For the most part I bus ruthlessly though and go after the same people I would if I were town.

Your scumtell is agreeing with me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, our thread is beating PMOMs thread 45 posts to 9. Proof of our superiority.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Your scumtell is agreeing with me.

I thought we proved that wasn't the case over those last couple of games?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Real talk, KB your scumtell is that your scum cases aren't as good as your town cases. They don't feel as logically consistent, and are always quite a bit weaker and require more stretching to fit.

Also you do tend to buddy up when you're scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Real talk, KB your scumtell is that your scum cases aren't as good as your town cases. They don't feel as logically consistent, and are always quite a bit weaker and require more stretching to fit.

Also you do tend to buddy up when you're scum.

Interesting. I'll have to take your word for it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My scum tell is that I'm in a game. Because I'm always scum

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
my scumtell is that i dont have one

im never scum

except for that time i was

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

HiipFire posted:

You mean...this time!?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
My last forum mafia experience was me being a cop, and then winning by doing pretty much nothing whilst the scum killed themselves and/or got hung.

I intend for a repeat performance.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Nobody needs my permission to do anything, I'm a jolly anarchist king.

cool cool.

unfortunately I have no scumtells, so :(

but a way you can find out if I am scum is if I solidly defended by scumbuddies all game, since I am very anti-bussing. I recently have begun to do slight, very light bussing to play with my meta, but I would never shoot my team in the foot so badly as to Actually Bus them, even if it'd be "sooo not my meta!!", because that'd be a good way to lose the game.

here is an example of a recent scum game. You can also tell I stayed back and didn't make as many cases as I normally would; though that's not a perfect tell since I often get in people's grills regardless of alignment, if I'm hanging back it's because I'm struggling to engage with the game, which happens way more often as scum than town.

here is a game exemplifying the hanging back-ness.

luckily in this game I am TOWN :sax:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

My scum tell is that I'm in a game. Because I'm always scum

HiipFire posted:

my scumtell is that i dont have one

im never scum

imo these are bad answers you should consider thinking about it more critically.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TheNabster posted:

My last forum mafia experience was me being a cop, and then winning by doing pretty much nothing whilst the scum killed themselves and/or got hung.

I intend for a repeat performance.

My last was being vanilla town and getting killed N1.

It isn't that uncommon for me.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

EccoRaven posted:

I've only scummed once, like two years ago, so I don't know that I can really claim an MO. For what it's worth, I was very assertive and active that game, but it was a deliberate attempt to match my Town style from the game I'd played just prior...so...I dunno what can really be gleamed there.

Opop modded the game I was scum, and has also played with me when I've been town (actually I guess I was a survivor with town aligned goals in that game, technically). He might have some insight if he remembers those games at all.

Otherwise I dunno really.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

FoxTerrier posted:

Otherwise I dunno really.

thank you for answering! you gave a good answer I approve of it (not the least of which because your first game afaik was FRACAS IN CARACAS).

I dislike KB not being able to give his own scumtells but I really dislike opop and hiip for totally dodging it!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Again, I want my offer out there: If a scum wants to change alignment and hang in the thread I am giving them an opportunity to do so.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

EccoRaven posted:

thank you for answering! you gave a good answer I approve of it (not the least of which because your first game afaik was FRACAS IN CARACAS).

I dislike KB not being able to give his own scumtells but I really dislike opop and hiip for totally dodging it!

It was! Fracas in Caracas was super fun and where I got this avatar (to replace the crazy giant pirate dick eating avatar someone else bought me because of the same game, lol)

I started out the game as a normal human being but ended up playing a super pushy game trying to make people post and force a win. I'm still kinda proud it worked. That was a great victory. :banjo:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Again, I want my offer out there: If a scum wants to change alignment and hang in the thread I am giving them an opportunity to do so.

You can know I'm not scum because I would take this offer in a heartbeat.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Yeah, I'm mostly making the offer for people who wanted in the whacky thread.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

My answer was almost exactly the same as the one you just approved of. And as a result of my conversation with Asiina, there is tons of info out there now.

Your opinion about me rings false.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

If I was scum, I would take you up on this offer in a heartbeat. :) I'm not though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

rofl. I totally hadn't read this post yet when I made mine.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Asiina posted:

King Burgundy posted:

If I was scum, I would take you up on this offer in a heartbeat. :) I'm not though.

Repeating ideas from the scum doc, eh? Ehhhh???

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My scum tell is a scum read someone convinces themselves of before they start reading my posts.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

My scum tell is a scum read someone convinces themselves of before they start reading my posts.

Scummy post IMO.

Also I am glad that we will finally have a game together where you don't call me scum.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Opopanax posted:

You mean...this time!?
No Opop, not this time!!!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Please don't be a miserable sad sack friend, this is the fun thread.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
lol you mean this answer

King Burgundy posted:

it's 3/4 "I have no scumtells, I am a perfect player" 1/4 "sometimes I don't bus as hard as I might"

it is a bad post.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EccoRaven posted:

imo these are bad answers you should consider thinking about it more critically.

i wasnt aware there was a question

i was just making a joke cause everybody was talking about scumtells

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Please don't be a miserable sad sack friend, this is the fun thread.

That's a legitimate response.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

lol you mean this answer

it's 3/4 "I have no scumtells, I am a perfect player" 1/4 "sometimes I don't bus as hard as I might"

it is a bad post.

It's exactly the same as the one you approve of. Really, try to point out the type of information he shared that I didn't. We both said we try to play the same game regardless of alignment. We both identified something we do that may be outside of that. We both said we don't know of any, really.

And then after that, me and asiina tackled some other stuff which sheds further light.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

merk what are your actual scumtells, come on we're opening our hearts here.

HiipFire posted:

i wasnt aware there was a question

i was just making a joke cause everybody was talking about scumtells

you should tell us your scumtells!

I mean it guys in the game where I was king I had people do this (seemingly pointless) exercise and day 4 it single-handedly nabbed a scum because by that point everyone got into their usual styles and DarkFact had, to a T, played what he said was his scum game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Am I the only one that sees Ecco praising someone for essentially the same post? I mean, his had more words than mine, but the gist was the same, no?

Or am I crazy?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

It's exactly the same as the one you approve of.
it isn't at all the same thing. FoxTerrier said some of the same words but the way she said it indicated she was thinking about it clearly and was trying to be forthright.

you said it flippantly, like you didn't actually want people to know your scumtells, you just wanted to give a bogus answer to fill the void.

tsk tsk kb tsk tsk

King Burgundy posted:

Am I the only one that sees Ecco praising someone for essentially the same post? I mean, his had more words than mine, but the gist was the same, no?

Or am I crazy?

lol u bad sorry friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

It's wildly hyperbolic and only applies to me itt. It could be said that if viewed in that light your comment is anti-town both in vibes and in intent.

• Locked thread