Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also to be fair to that Pearl slapfight, the scum in that game (I was one of them) encouraged and poked at it as much as possible. It proved to be a great distraction for us.

Also lynching diqnol in that game will forever be amusing to me because the whole scum team was on it and Rarity helped get it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Yeah I think I would have gotten out of it if Rarity didn't come down on me when she did. She was my death. I find it amusing too because it took all of you in concert to get it done at great risk to your team. It sucks nobody caught on, lol

You flipping survivor in that game is what stopped people from really looking hard at us after that lynch.

It was also great because we kept BK locked out of using his situational vig. I had to keep telling people not to move their vote or BK could ruin the plan.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Here's my unsummarized, unexplained reads real quick for ya. If your name ain't on here, well, it's because I ain't found it proper to spend any time on ya.

Town side: Keane, TMM, me, Verr, Piglet
I don't fuckin know: Merk, Burg, Rarity, Hiipfire
Scum: Terrier, Ecco, Asiina

Two questions:

1. CPig only has a handful of posts and no reads outside of saying Ecco is scum. So why is he in your town list?

2. KB was involved in this whole big Ecco argument, so why do you not have an opinion on him?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Since it's a double plurality, I think we should dunk one lurker and then probably someone from the ecco/diqnol/merk/KB scuffle. I'm not really sure which one though because all them have been kind of scummy, so I'd rather put my vote somewhere else.

The other option is to ignore all of them and dunk a lurker and then a mid level poster who has been scummy. For me that person is Verr since he's not longer really a lurker.

I think Rarity is coming from a town place, so I'm not likely to vote for her. I also think Fox is likely to be town here, so I'm not sure why diqnol is reading her as scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

You are way better than this stuff. If you want to live, tell us who to lynch and why we should lynch that person. This post does nothing, just like over half of your other posts.

This post is loving garbage merk. You know ecco has said who she wants to hang several times now and included reasons why she thinks that way.

This post does nothing at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This post is loving garbage merk. You know ecco has said who she wants to hang several times now and included reasons why she thinks that way.

This post does nothing at all.

What I'm saying is that just because you don't agree with her cases, don't make it out like Ecco hasn't been making cases against people.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

not true my brosef. we can't talk about our specific stats nor role pm info.

cckeane's choices and battleplans are totally okay.

ecco:
i have no clue. i've been specifically trying not to pay attention to the massive amounts of shitposting.

GP is sketching me out with his merk call-out
Capitalistpig is sorta just drive-by posting so i'd say that's a easy move by scum, but he could just be doing what i was doing and avoiding being drug into you/merk/KB/GP's weird sex thing

God drat is this post full of garbage. First, I still don't like the hounding for battle info that Verr is doing. Second, how in the hell can you say that this has been shitposting? That's a stupid stance because all of it is full of content for you to form opinions. Shitposting is doing nothing but one or two lines that don't actually provide information.

Stop excusing yourself from playing the game. I'm still good with my Verr vote right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Question: do you really think scum would double down on the battle info fishing after it was pointed out how scummy it was?

I don't know. I might if I was scum and couldn't come up with any thoughts on the actual content of the game. Plus he's also been told that talking about combat stuff isn't scummy by others so it's a fairly safe thing to talk about regardless of my views on it.

Ultimately my biggest issue with Verr is that he doesn't seem to want to work with content. There are pages of actual content to work with but instead he just calls it all shitposting and seemingly refuses to make reads from it. All he wants to do is base his votes on people who don't want to fight despite stating that surely a couple scum would be volunteering to fight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

This seems unusual. When did you suddenly decide I looked scummy instead of agreeing with me? Can you point out when/where and your thought process?

Just because I've agreed with you doesn't mean you haven't been kind of scummy. As I said, everyone involved in that group of 4 is kind of scummy, so it seems like it's just a matter of picking out the actual scum involved.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, fair enough, but point me to the things you thought were scummy then.

A lot of it stems from the fact that you seem more interested in defending yourself instead of finding other scum. I accept that you think Ecco is scum, but surely there is more than one scum in the game. But instead you're essentially solely focused on Ecco and only giving light reads on others when prodded.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

A lot of it stems from the fact that you seem more interested in defending yourself instead of finding other scum. I accept that you think Ecco is scum, but surely there is more than one scum in the game. But instead you're essentially solely focused on Ecco and only giving light reads on others when prodded.

As a follow up to this: I'm on my phone so it's hard to post specific examples, but I'll see what I can do when I get home. I'm not sure what I can find because it's kind of a gut thing on KB and not one I'm personally likely to vote today. I'd vote merk or diqnol over KB or Ecco today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

You were scum in our last game together, right?

The Pearl game yes. I think that was our last game together.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll give a more proper answer when I get home, but I did want to clarify that I meant I'd rather hang merk or diqnol + a lurker. Not merk or diqnol + ecco.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
FWIW, I don't think Rarity is scum. I don't see a scum Rarity coming in and putting forth that much effort to read/respond to the entire thread when she could have put in half the effort and be in the clear for today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Get away from this as a town tell. Only really bad scum have to sit back and lurk. The better players come in and influence the thread each day, and I think Rarity is way above the really bad scum bar.

Dude, she's made like 60 posts today and the vast majority of them have been content posts. Why in the hell would a scum player do that when she could have just as easily posted half than many times and been in the clear from being a lurker lynch.

I've haven't seen her as scum to my knowledge but I have seen her as town and right now she's fitting her town play to a T.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, don't talk to me like I'm not an active scum player. Both times I've been scum I've topped the scum post count and in the Planescape game I had the overall top post count.

But I also know that the more you talk as scum the more eyes you draw, so you usually have to be a little careful about when and where you do a lot of posting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

So I didn't realize deadline is tonight and I just had to skip 200 posts because I'm not going to be available basically from now until the deadline. (I handed in my paper and in about 30 minutes I'm going to be traveling between cities for 3 hours) I have maybe 5 minutes right now, why is diqnol voting for me? Why are we not killing Ecco and Verr?

Why do you believe Verr is scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

A scum player would do it to look town. Plenty of scum players lead the vote count. This is a town tell that you need to remove from your game. It's not reliable.

It's not the amount of posts she's made but the content in them as well. What the hell are you railing at me for anyway? Do you disagree that Rarity is town?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

It's not the amount of posts she's made but the content in them as well. What the hell are you railing at me for anyway? Do you disagree that Rarity is town?

Mafia edit - It's not just the amount of posts....

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

I like rarity as town now

kb, ecco and tmm are town
diqnol is town too
you're also town
beet's town

i'd vote cpig, mithross and verr

would prefer voting mithross cause I dislike voting away people who post alot in the early game, unless they're clearly scum

##vote Mithross

also people are posting so much i cant keep up :(

:siren:
Why does this post make no mention of merk?
:siren:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HiipFire posted:

CPig are you jester again?

In a soldiers game?

Also he'd be way more active in looking to get hung instead of just drive by posting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

dude i specifically responded to your concern about scum volunteering to fight. we can't know about those until they fight. that sucks but we have to roll with the punches.

merk: haha poo poo i am bad at mafia.

And my point has been that choosing the people who don't want to fight is a bad decision because there are surely going to be town players who are not good at combat.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

fair, but that's the risk in hunting scum in general right? we might peg a town?

But you see the problem right? You aren't making scum calls based on peoples opinions and instead are basing them strictly on who doesn't want to go into combat.

If scum were the only people who didn't want to go into combat, it would make them really easy to spot, so there are surely going to be townies that aren't good at combat.

I have no problem using the combat stuff to help with your reads, but you shouldn't be making calls based solely on that information.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

oh my gosh nobody is here what is happening.

TMM I need your help.

What do you need?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Btw, I'm not sure why more people can't see that Ecco is getting the bums rush here. Seriously, everyone needs to ask themselves just how many times the very first person to collect a bunch of votes actually turned out to be scum. I don't mean hanging scum on the first day, I mean that very first person who draws more than half the needed votes to lynch. I know I haven't played a lot of games, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Sure, I've seen scum get hung on the first day, but it's as far as I can remember, it's never been the first person to actually start getting votes. It's always been them fighting off that vote and everyone coming around to someone else.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I am going to ask you a question. It is a very, very general question about your role but if you choose not to answer it I understand. Is that okay?

I already saw your other response, but in the future, feel free to ask me anything. If I do not want to answer it, I will tell you why I don't want to answer it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I got dodgeball so I'm Bush.

Battle party is:
I'd love to change my mind now that I am sober.

Diqnol, Merk, The Tiniest of Macs front line
TheNabster, CapPig, Verr in the rear

If this is the raiding party, then I say we hang Mithross and someone else but not Ecco.

Sorry Mithross, but apparently you don't have time for this game and scum often lurk, so with double plurality, we've gotta take a shot.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm move to ##vote Mithross

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I know Asiina has been busy, so I really hesitate to call her scum due to lack of participation. Although I do agree that the drive by vote on Ecco is kind of scummy and even being busy I think she'd put in a little more effort than what she has given.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, Rarity leaving her vote on KB is kind of irritating, but I still think she is town. I'm not sure about KB and I'd be willing to lynch him, but I'm not really sure I'd like it. Although I guess it would give us some shape on the Ecco argument which would be nice.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Of course, it's too late for the change now, so lurkers go into the battle.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I was supposed to go out to dinner with MY ROOMMATE but she seems to have disappeared. so it looks like I'll be here for deadline, though I'm all dressed up and ready to go so I might pop away suddenly.

I think some more people should vote for Asiina and Mithross. I think that's a very okay way to go about things.

Well, it's up to the people who haven't voted yet. I don't think the three votes on you are going to move, maybe KB, but since you've been the at 3 the longest and he thinks you're scum he might keep his vote there. Merk said he won't change and Asiina is gone.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, you could move to Mithross Ecco and that would move the votes to 4-4 and put you out of plurality range.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FoxTerrier posted:

Aw poo poo. That's right. I forgot she was gone.

Voting her without giving her a chance to claim might be a bad idea. But otoh there's nobody else I want to switch for.

Unless someone can sell me on there being someone scummier than Asiina who's actually around to defend themselves?

I don't know really. I think Mithross should be one of the lynches for sure. I get that life gets busy, but I think someone should still be able to make more than 2 posts in over 2 days, even if it's a flurry of posts in a span of 20-30 minutes.

I was just thinking that I'm not really sure if I like the Asiina lynch, but the only person I think would be a better option would be KB because it would give shape to some of the whole ecco thing. Lynching Asiina gives us a bit of it as well, but I don't think it's as much info as we'd get from KB.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey, I was going to unvote but realized I'm on Mithross.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

This is weird and I disagree with it. How on earth would cuddling me help more than cuddling Ecco? You guys are on me for not putting enough solid scum/town calls out there, so there isn't much to be gained from my flip either way. And the only people interested in voting me have been you, rarity and ecco. Ecco meanwhile has been the nexus of everything over the last few days. She's made multiple calls of scum on folks and lots of people are on the record for how they feel about her.

I feel like your post holds no water, logically.

Because I think Ecco is town and I'm not so sure about you. What's so difficult to understand?

And why are you so self-conscious about the bolded part. That's a very weird thing to say and it seems like your actively concerned that nothing is gained from your flip.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Madman. You are the person that said that more information would be gained from my flip. I am countering your argument. Rather than weirdly try to turn it on me, please explain yourself. How would it provide more information?

Once again, why are you concerned that nothing is gained from your flip?

I think we learn whether Ecco was being sincere or not in her case against you and thus we can use that as a yardstick to measure her cases and arguments against merk and diqnol.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Right now it's reading like you are deliberately holding back opinions on people so that nobody can gain any information from your flip and that concerns me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It doesn't really matter though because my whole point is that I don't want to hang Ecco because I think she is town and ultimately I think we would get more information from your flip than from Asiina's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so irritated that Mithross was Odysseus and only posted twice.

• Locked thread