Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hail cool people. Sorry, I've been sick and I was under the impression this wasn't happening. Then I get PMs and it IS happening so okay. I'm not gonna read ten pages but would gladly vote Ecco on principle. What is the case on Ecco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That doesn't help me at all, Ecco.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

ok well totally neutrally:

KB is voting me because we disagreed about an interpretation over one of his posts and it quickly escalated.

Diqnol is voting me because I fullclaimed and made myself a huge liability.

merk is voting for me because I asked a content question at the beginning and deliberately directed the conversation to unhelpful places, including insulting people regularly for their intellect and reasonableness instead of making cases or addressing the cases against me.

Asiina is voting for me because I grossly phrased merk's opinions on me in a way that said "ecco is obviously scum"

CPig is voting for me because who knows why he does things.

How many of these, in your opinion, are legit reasons to vote for you?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Keane I would take ecco out of battle. She is likely to be killed today. Just reading over her posts her tone seems insincere. For someone who was arguing just a few days ago that a good townie fights to never be lynched she seems to have "resigned" herself to her fate quite easily. That's not to say she's not fighting for herself, but it's what I read in her tone.

I will reread and see who else stands out to me but unless Keane can't change the battle order I would be fine voting ecco.

As an aside, I also excel at melee.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jesus christ 200 posts? Some of us loving work

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I just got home and got a text to go out with some friends. I can vote before deadline but I'll be honest, I'm not going to catch up before it. I won't have the time until afterward.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am at a restaurant but will vote to save our war party if needed

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote asiina

I just got Star Wars tickets!!!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote hiipfire

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I am unwounded.

EccoRaven posted:

why wouldn't you investigate me? the person you've been saying was scum all game and who was a key player in pretty much every case made yesterday?

Hi this

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Really I want to vote for Asiina, but there was no counter-claim of an investigative role and I really feel like we would have had one. I feel like Asiina in her right mind would have definitely followed through investigating Ecco (why in the world wouldn't you?!) and her claiming cop in the first place seems a bit unnecessary. Assuming she is a cop-esque role, then she didn't need to claim it then - but neither would scum need to fakeclaim it.

Maybe she claimed copping Diqnol in case of a tracker/watcher? I'm not sure. The lack of a counter-claim makes me think town though she comes off as scummy.

Looking through some randos, while Opop has been IRL on vacation, he did post this that made me wary:

Opopanax posted:

My scum tell is that I'm in a game. Because I'm always scum

A jokey-joke for sure but one that bears looking at.

Looking through post histories, here is who I would vote for:

##vote cpig

I mean sure, an easy choice. Hasn't done much but be combative which is normal.

would also vote ecco at day's end. you have my sword merk

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

It's completely fine to say you'd vote ecco at day's end.

I don't think we'll improve our case on ecco by focusing there, however.

Don't disagree.

Cpig I'm calling you out. What is your purpose? You voted Ecco for no reason afaik other than to bandwagon. Then you switched to Mithross with no explanation. Explain please.

Asiina, please explain why you chose Diqnol instead of Ecco, the obvious choice.

Beetphyxious, who are you? Hi!

TheNabster I'm assuming you requested a replacement! You can't respond to this maybe?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

What are your broader thoughts on the game and some players? You've mentioned Asiina and Cpig, is there anybody else you have a feeling on?

I read FoxTerrier, KB, and Merk as townie. I have a semi-townie read on Bowmore. The rest are uncivilized, my lord, and I feel they are unknown quantities.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

What do you think about Merk and TMM?

Haven't looked at TMM. Will do so.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Was TMM requesting the item not a soft scumclaim? His hinting he has a Greek-location-only passive makes me think he's town, but that's a bit of a jump to make. I like his post where he says he can't fight in Trojan territory yet. The more I'm reading the more I heavily lean town actually but it leads me to look more at Verr.

Verr seems to spend most of the previous day distracting from discussion - like, actively telling people not to focus on it but focus on some kind of battlemath, as if knowing who would and would not want to go into battle would tell us anything on Day 1 (wouldn't it be feasible that scum would WANT to go into battle and also NOT want to go into battle?). It's an excuse to stay removed from conversation and is scummy. Trying to make the battle party FOR Keane is also scummy.

Also

Verr posted:

what's the right call on asiina? lynch next round if the scum don't kill them?

Despite having apparently not played in awhile, this is pretty dumb and obviously not right. Seems willfully obtuse and scummy. Would vote Verr.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

not to say his replacement doesn't need a good being called out either but.

I am calling out Capitalist Pig's ghost.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tommunist posted:

hi i'm TheNabsters replacement and i'm still reading the thread

Hi Tommunist! Don't you hate it when OPs don't update the playerlist link's in the OP?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wins I'm calling you out

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bowmore is mostly based on meta. If I were to throw meta out the window, I'd read null on him.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Driving but please put me into battle in the front.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi, I'm home and will gladly hammer Ecco when we need to. FoxTerrier, I understand if I seem scummy. I always seem scummy because I am often in and out posting. That said, my reads from earlier haven't really changed. I'd still vote Verr and am confident in Merk/Asiina/FoxTerrier/TMM as town.

I'm also rubbed the wrong way by Rarity, if I may be so bold. Nothing stands out, just gut.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Should we use offerings if we have any or no? That topic hasn't really come up at all.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##vote ecco

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Does the "sun warming" us flavor mean our offerings worked? I ask because I poured offerings into last night and still have more to go and it would be cool if we got more of an advantage of what's seeming to be a crucial time.

KB is saying all that needs to be said. I would absolutely vote Verr, as I've been saying for a few days now. Merk obviously looks suspicious in light of the Ecco vote, though I'll be honest: if he was scum and just pushing Ecco because, I personally fell for it. I still think he's been playing town even if results say otherwise.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think we can assume Asiina is town. We can also assume at least three scum, probably. If Verr were town wouldn't scum just dogpile on Asiina's vote and lynch him right now?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wait, what would happen in double plurality if Verr gets lynched and no one else has votes on them?!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

So LM, you get more offerings the more votes that happen I guess?

Nope. I'm just a buff dude with lots of muscles. I offer my sinewy abs to the Gods and they rub 'em and fawn.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think Asiina being alive at all is really suspect tbh

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TMMadman posted:

This is weird, even with 4 scum, they'd still be 2 votes short of turboing Verr.

I got vote count mixed up with the game I'm running, where the day is currently 4 to lynch. Whoops!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I feel like it makes more sense that they would wound in battle and kill at camp, but that's just setup spec.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Merk is here to win the game and also destroy his cred as "smart mafia man"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina and KB for most town.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

How helpful.

You asked!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can confirm I targeted merk in battle one.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm inclined to believe Verr. Theres no reason he should have known who I targeted night one unless his role is real

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi I just got home. We decided to lynch Merk and Tommunist, right? Because that's the right call. Verr is town.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Why would you put me in the back?!!?!?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Let's vote Bowmore and Tomm. ##vote bowmore

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

bowmore posted:

actually I think Little Mac is scum ##vote Little Mac

hahaha holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Flavor arguments are bad unless you're playing a Little Mac game.

• Locked thread