Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

busb I thought the flavor and the combat were both really cool + well done, sorry the game didn't go better. Thanks for running it!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Magnus Gallant posted:

We shouldn't have had Soag take over, we should have had a third party take over.

Either that or make it so Soag took one extra vote to lunch. When Soag changed from a player to King we effectively lost a player

mate i PMed a whole bunch of people but nobody could replace in, and especially as i'd already replaced about 6 players in the game.
I absolutely wanted to just get a 3rd party king but i couldn't find anyone and I had to make a call. I didn't want to, but yeah.

I think double plurality was a trap pick for hangtypes - personally i would only use it if my thread was ahead, not behind. Lights Out is meant to be the catchup hangtype but nobody chose it!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I had fun, if you want to try running another soldiers game sometime look me up if you want some help on the back end, I feel like taking a break from playing for a while

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Dead doc

I'm sharing this busb because it's just me and busb in it :v:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

mate i PMed a whole bunch of people but nobody could replace in, and especially as i'd already replaced about 6 players in the game.
I absolutely wanted to just get a 3rd party king but i couldn't find anyone and I had to make a call. I didn't want to, but yeah.

I think double plurality was a trap pick for hangtypes - personally i would only use it if my thread was ahead, not behind. Lights Out is meant to be the catchup hangtype but nobody chose it!

I didn't mean to criticize how things played out. I think you did a fine job modding.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

busb posted:

Plurality lynches in general are very nice for scum, double plurality may have been doubly so. Plurality votes give people an excuse to not move their vote (like me on Day 1) because the votes aren't needed to avoid no lynches; it also makes for situations where a scum player can bump other scum off the gallows with just a vote or two, instead of convincing the whole town to switch.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I prefer plurality actually. Because changes can be made so fluidly and easily and things aren't locked in place hours before the lynch

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Power of Pecota posted:

busb I thought the flavor and the combat were both really cool + well done, sorry the game didn't go better. Thanks for running it!

Credit should go to highwire here at least, the combat system was actually really great on my side and i think getting rid of hit points etc worked really well.
If only highwire was around to create roles with me we could have made it even better too!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Night actions etc (aka spot the errors!):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wWlRg6ZjPzZ6g8e2UL9raKUkvmTR4SroHWf48wNdyqw/edit?usp=sharing

Role PMs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pmgxsef0M9FoEYwMkRk68nl0J9eeVlb8YoIWv7vJjMk/edit

Thanks to Highwire for developing the mechanics and flavour characters, Mills for a couple of role ideas and for actually getting me focused enough to get the game up, and Chili for offering help then realising he just wanted to write flavour not comod!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Aaaaaaaaand thanks to Venom Soag for stepping in to fill the kingly shoes. I think he made the thread a better, chattier place. Thanks a lot! I really didn't want to have to abandon the game and you let it continue to its end!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Soag do you play on Mobile primarily?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Did you guys post the scum doc?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Magnus Gallant posted:

Soag do you play on Mobile primarily?

i play on the toilet primarily

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As a spectator Soag was a lot of fun to read. Well done!

The hell is a venom soag though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Did you guys post the scum doc?

Achaean spy scumdoc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MXMnGth7wxf1Y6QYebBced22ZVxBgtOcjRzsVZpRwjY/edit?usp=sharing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh hey, what ever was the deal with that calming power of Zeus?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
It rendered all boons and wraths invalid for the entire day, and affected everyone. So Achilles/Hector could have fought, merk wouldn't have been wounded from his wrath etc.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
oh yeah I lied the gods blessed with the power to weaken merk, not investigate

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It seems like I hosed things up by falling asleep. I'm sorry. Euro-time strikes again I guess.

Very good game busb. It was fun to revisit all these things.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

btw I'm surprised a strategy I pushed for in a lights-out game that Ecco ran a few years ago never came up, especially with Soag having two votes.

Basically Soag would just list everyone from most town to scum and you'd just chaindunk everyone in order until only confirmed town are left. For example using the list tithin gave yesterday:

[Soag
Kashuno]
tithin
Bif
imgay
Magnus
PowerofPecota
TNL
T cubed

As long as everyone agrees to it and goes all the way down the line, as long as it never gives the scum a majority. Since nobody was arguing against taste post-claim, move him up and unless the scumteam's tithin/100/Bifauxnen/imgay or whoever scumpicks #4-7 are then town wins every time. With how town everyone inexplicably found imgay, I can't see him being in the top 3 choices there.

In the game I proposed it in (TNL/Amoeba/Lumpen/Magnus/Section 31 were all in it along with a bunch of other thread people) here it would have won us the game when it was hopeless otherwise. Looking back the list the confirmed town in Soag's potential role in that game was TNL and Amoeba and I were both in his top 3 picks.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I think that's the best way to win lights-out games in a vacuum and why confirmed town roles are totally overpowered in setups with that but people never want to sacrifice themselves~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Power of Pecota posted:

I think that's the best way to win lights-out games in a vacuum and why confirmed town roles are totally overpowered in setups with that but people never want to sacrifice themselves~

Then we can beat up Venom as he has to be in combat every time.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Then we can beat up Venom as he has to be in combat every time.

Wouldn't the Trojan thread just win since all scum would be down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Power of Pecota posted:

Wouldn't the Trojan thread just win since all scum would be down?

No. King has to die.

• Locked thread