Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I didn't take a wound in combat, I'm strong like ox. These days have lined up mega shittily for me timewise, I've been posting on a phone on a train more often than not,

The vote for today's easy, look at the deadline:

Votes at the time:

Soon, 100 moves from Kash to Meds, Kash moves from S31 to Bird, and Taste posts again in his slapfight with Amoeba. He's around, he's posting, and there's no way he doesn't notice that the vote in double plurality is at 4/4/3/3. In like 15 minutes after that (he didn't post again in the run-up to deadline) Soag moves from Meds to Bird, Bird moves from TNL to Meds (4/4/4/3), PMom adds a vote to S31, and 100 switches to Bird while voicing that he wants to vote meds

There is no way in hell that someone who's town has zero preferences between four candidates, and Taste said jack poo poo about any of the four of them over the entirety of D1. All four were within dunking range, and that vote plopped uselessly on amoeba would have been a gamechanger on any of those four as options. If taste had the slightest gut preference for anyone, he could put them into a definitive lead. If anyone can tell me one reason why you wouldn't want to do that in taste's scenario besides being scum and knowing that whoever you picked was either a townie you were going to seal the fate of or a scumbuddy you didn't want to bus, let me know because I can't see anything else that would fit. ##vote Taste

this seems pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dammit Soag I was just starting to get a theory like maybe you're scum from halfway through reading D1 again, but those are some good posts now

Maybe Lumpen was targeted just cause his battle ability sounded scary and making you look suss was a bonus? Your whole deal with Sodo still seemed weird though - so he's an alt account or something, big deal, it's not like that can have anything to do with alignment. Gaspy even did it not that long ago and played a great game.

I didn't think you sounded like anything out of the ordinary on D1 when I thought you were just needling Sodo like you would anybody, but now that it's D2 and you haven't stopped to move on to someone else based on something more solid than the personal drama you entirely created, it seems a bit suss. How do you think Sodo compares to everyone in the battle party, then?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm aroundish, but I'm going to bed in a minute.

Honestly, I think you're scum soag, or if not scum someone who's doing a kinda poo poo job at scum hunting. Asides from outing pmoms ability to heal, and leading me into revealing how many offerings I had, the only thing you've really managed to do is divert attention off yourself end of day 1 and throw shade, very little of which has stuck to people. It's also a common scum tactic to press others for their opinions on whosscum cos it gives the appearance of scum hunting, while contributing nothing.

Pecota's been quiet but I can't hold that against them considering they've said they've had same reason I have for not posting (phone posting while doing rl poo poo), and they made up for it by posting a not bad read of the lead up to the vote. Not enough for me to drop a vote at this point, but enough to consider at any rate.

Bif's doing her usual analytical schtick, but she does that as both town and as scum, and it's cutting through to the meat of the message and seeing what's consistent and what's not, that'd determine if she's scum or not. That said considering it's mostly conjecture at this point, it's just something to keep in mind.

I don't have much of an opinion on taste at this point, not much in content there.

Amoeba strikes me as a really nervous townie who's afraid to make waves or contribute for fear of being labelled scummy.

imgay and puntification have a handful of posts each and nothing there to read. I'm leaning imgay as town, and puntification as scummy.

Kashuno's contributed nothing of merit, but he's very friendly at saying hello to people, which while nice is basically either giving scum a free ride, or is a way of trying to slip under the radar

Magnus & others, I'd need to re-read tommorow

If you wanted my top 3 on whos scum, I'd go

1. soag (pushing for role specifics)
2. kashuno (lurky)
3. puntification (lurky)
4. special entry # 4 Bif - see how her contributions pan out later in game, and re-review.

as for me being "more composed than normal", the games you saw me play in were when i was at the end of my rope with a bunch of rl poo poo happening and after having marathoned a bunch of games, I was burned out and really easy to set off. sorry bruv.

off to bed now

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Should I have also posted an excuse for lurking so as to not seem scummy? Your logic for excusing yourself and pop is laughable.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've been posting, I just don't do posts unless I'm actually in front of a PC.

Don't take it so personally

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

don't do *big posts

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
thanks for both posting at once gently caress me

ill do bif first

my push on sodo was never about drama i was pushing on them for excusing them self ffrom contributing i used their drama as a way of pissing them off

what im suss on is sodo did the exact same poo poo today and just posted bugger all even just voting for me again and then vanished without any explanation of why

honestly the perso im the most suss on right now is tithin and ill get into that now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't see Tithin as particularly sus atm.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

thanks for both posting at once gently caress me

ill do bif first

my push on sodo was never about drama i was pushing on them for excusing them self ffrom contributing i used their drama as a way of pissing them off

Maybe that's why it struck a chord with me - I could see that becoming a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Like, I always push real hard on Beet to give me some drat credit when I care about a case I'm making, ramping it up and up to try and force him to act even more and more belligerent if he wants to keep arguing against it, in the hope that at some point, if he's actually town it'll come to a head and he'll back down. This has never actually worked, but for some reason that hasn't stopped me. :v:

But yeah, reading that again it felt like trying to piss them off to get that kind of emotional manipulation going on to get the reaction you wanted rather than to get the information you wanted. It creates its own defense very nicely if he freaks out.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

tithin posted:

I'm aroundish, but I'm going to bed in a minute.

Honestly, I think you're scum soag, or if not scum someone who's doing a kinda poo poo job at scum hunting.

coincidentally after i say its likely your scum this is pretty transparent

quote:

Asides from outing pmoms ability to heal, and leading me into revealing how many offerings I had,

youve just frames me doing recon in the other thread and taking an interest in the war effort and your own stupidity as me doing something wrong good job

quote:

the only thing you've really managed to do is divert attention off yourself end of day 1 and throw shade, very little of which has stuck to people. It's also a common scum tactic to press others for their opinions on whosscum cos it gives the appearance of scum hunting, while contributing nothing.

glass houses mate until i asked you youve contributed nothinh of use whyd you need a prompt to take interest in the gsme

quote:

Pecota's been quiet but I can't hold that against them considering they've said they've had same reason I have for not posting (phone posting while doing rl poo poo), and they made up for it by posting a not bad read of the lead up to the vote. Not enough for me to drop a vote at this point, but enough to consider at any rate.

holy loving lol this is bad this is excising two bad players and either chimmyinh up to town or protecting a scumbro this is really weak

quote:

Bif's doing her usual analytical schtick, but she does that as both town and as scum, and it's cutting through to the meat of the message and seeing what's consistent and what's not, that'd determine if she's scum or not. That said considering it's mostly conjecture at this point, it's just something to keep in mind.

ya this is true okay but this is sorta padding this post

quote:

I don't have much of an opinion on taste at this point, not much in content there.

this is deffo padding

quote:

]Amoeba strikes me as a really nervous townie who's afraid to make waves or contribute for fear of being labelled scummy.

protecting a scumbro

quote:

imgay and puntification have a handful of posts each and nothing there to read. I'm leaning imgay as town, and puntification as scummy.

padding again no reasoning and two pointless gut feelinfs

quote:

Kashuno's contributed nothing of merit, but he's very friendly at saying hello to people, which while nice is basically either giving scum a free ride, or is a way of trying to slip under the radar

sowing the seeds for a lynch later

quote:

If you wanted my top 3 on whos scum, I'd go

1. soag (pushing for role specifics)
2. kashuno (lurky) <- BULLSHIT
3. puntification (lurky)
4. special entry # 4 Bif - see how her contributions pan out later in game, and re-review.

as for me being "more composed than normal", the games you saw me play in were when i was at the end of my rope with a bunch of rl poo poo happening and after having marathoned a bunch of games, I was burned out and really easy to set off. sorry bruv.

off to bed now

nah you do that thing thomas does where you get all condescendin when you think your ahead

but town are on the backfoot and your trying to case town players as scummy not actually properly scum huntign

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The only I need cleared up Pecota is your votes, which I called complacent.

What for you made S31 the top plurality vote and what puts meds above venom necessarily?

From context I'm assuming you mean compliant instead of complacent - I was trying to probe around when I could, but I couldn't find too much of a foothold in anything D1 and I was liking the consensus votes more than anything else that I could see.

S31 dropped the lame line about people needing to scumhunt without posting anything of his own around it which was scummy and he clearly wasn't doing poo poo in the game by the time of the four-way mix. Meds was a full-on gamble since he didn't say much, and venom read town to me from how he was posting angry from under the vote lead on D1.

Venom Soag posted:

the idea that taste not voting for any of the big ones at the time being an obvious scum move somehoe

I spelled out what I see, and directly asked what reasoning town would have to not tip a 4-way race in any direction whatsoever in the run-up to deadline - can you answer that? It wasn't rhetorical.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Power of Pecota posted:

I spelled out what I see, and directly asked what reasoning town would have to not tip a 4-way race in any direction whatsoever in the run-up to deadline - can you answer that? It wasn't rhetorical.

town dont know whos scum so why would they have a pref for day one shitposting

taste only seemed sure of amoeba a didnt seem to give a poo poo about any of the frontrunners

i was tempted to leave my vote on sodo until my neck was on he blovk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Okay went back and reread tithin. I feel like they are playing as a scumbro who is unsure how to proceed. Soag makes a good case that I like, and lol at "imgay and punt are both posting crap...one is town and one is scum"

##vote tithin

I'm feeling good on this one.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

town dont know whos scum so why would they have a pref for day one shitposting

taste only seemed sure of amoeba a didnt seem to give a poo poo about any of the frontrunners

i was tempted to leave my vote on sodo until my neck was on he blovk

Do you understand the concept of time?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

An hour left until deadline, would you have uselessly left your vote on sodo alone if someone you had no opinion on was in the 4-way blob of vote leaders instead of yourself?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Power of Pecota posted:

An hour left until deadline, would you have uselessly left your vote on sodo alone if someone you had no opinion on was in the 4-way blob of vote leaders instead of yourself?

yeah probs if i didnt have any read on the blob

im interested to hear tastes response i just think your selling this as more of a gotcha than it is

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Well, the non-garbage way to play mafia is to look at the blob until you have a preference

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

what im suss on is sodo did the exact same poo poo today and just posted bugger all even just voting for me again and then vanished without any explanation of why

same reason as yesterday

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
sodemeow who else do you think is scum?

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

##vote Section 31

Amoeba102 posted:

If you're equating it to lurking, going after lurkers D1 is pretty laughable.

How does someone who believes going after lurkers d1 is laughable feel happy dropping a contentless vote on a lurker?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What do you think of PoP?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

What do you think of PoP?

I think their case on taste seems contrived and a bit too much like a narrative rather than an argument but then so does 100yrs's case on them:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Power of Pecota posted:

On a phone - Crimson Peak sucks btw

I like birdstrike as a second vote over meds (not playing, full on gamble) but I'd take a meds vote over venom, who's sounding earnest. If I move my vote s31 goes out of plurality tho

Birdstrike sounds like he wants to pad post count+ look more active without actually influencing anyone's opinions, finding quotes on a phone sucks but it's in a lot of the past few pages

He gives reason why he'd prefer one person over another (birdstrike over meds) but doesn't explain why he feels birdstrike is more scum, rather he just thinks that we shouldn't risk it on meds. Note though he keeps his vote on S31 despite never having really thought much about that vote. He's complacent. It doesn't feel that this complacency comes from a job well done, rather from the knowledge that his faction has remained safe.

Bolded sounds like a reason why birdstrike is more scum and i have no idea how he's gauging what sort of complacency pop is exhibiting.

Seems like the criticisms you could level against them are all pretty circumstantial atm so I'd much rather lynch tithin or amoeba today.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Sodomeow posted:

same reason as yesterday

You're saying the same stuff on 100 that got no traction whatsoever yesterday and not adding anything about Venom. Why do you think it's going to work today?

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Power of Pecota posted:

You're saying the same stuff on 100 that got no traction whatsoever yesterday and not adding anything about Venom. Why do you think it's going to work today?

I was asked a question and answered, otherwise I would have been plenty content to just chill out and keep it real, I'm not very concerned with swaying anyones opinions or convincing anyone of anything

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I found footage of Keane playing music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSNI9Uo-Xw8

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Puntification posted:

How does someone who believes going after lurkers d1 is laughable feel happy dropping a contentless vote on a lurker?

The context of my vote is obliging the King. Did you miss that?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I just now noticed the thread is open :(

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Of everyone who was up for a lynch yesterday the only person that could have flipped scum was Venom Soag. He was in second place all day and the lynch was flipped only last-minute. That's a lot of people flinching last-minute to keep him from being voted. Punt and Magnus arguably voted Birdstrike too early to be explicitly saving Venom Soag but Kash and 100yrs both very explicitly did, so if Venom Soag later flips scum I'll be more suspicious of those two.

With that said I don't think Venom Soag is scummy, I actually think he's an easy target for scum to vote and be suspicious of because of his up-in-your-face posting style. The person I think played exactly like scum would with an easy target like that was Sodo/JakeP, who voted Venom early on when he was getting suspicion and more or less because he voted JakeP with a bad-looking case. Then JakeP's spent the rest of the game just calling Venom scum without any added reasoning or anything.

##vote JakeP

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
thats pretty bullshit and I would say you are scum with venom. I clearly explained my reasons for why hes scum.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Sodomeow posted:

thats pretty bullshit and I would say you are scum with venom. I clearly explained my reasons for why hes scum.

your reasons are poo poo mate

you said i was cruising for an easy vote but everyones sympathy was for you and i was being a prick so that makes no sense

and you also said i was focusing on things that had nothing to do with mafia when what im calling you out on is sitting on a vote and sulking as an excuse to not case anyone as thats a very scum tactic

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

youve got a lot of posts but its 90 percent waffle not about the game so your trying to look like your doing someygjng but your not

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

dunno who jakep is are they a super poo poo player because sodo is

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
same

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
Hey yall who should I play in my flex, Alfred Morris, or Michael Crabtree??? Alternative joke answers Daniel Herron, Toby Gerhart, or sign Michael Floyd? What y'all think?

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
I signed michael floyd btw

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
I dropped Toby Gerhart

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sodo is kind of proving Soag's point - he's contributing a lot more casing and content.

I don't think this would be hard to do for a scum Soag, though. While if Sodo is scum trying to just coast, I'd imagine he could at least find another target to try and case on instead of fixating on Soag so much and making himself look so unengaged. It feels like Sodo's genuinely shutting down cause he's so convinced Soag is scum, why bother distracting with a weaker case until this rear end in a top hat's gone?

So my gut is leaning Soag more than Sodo. Him getting saved on D1, and being cased hard by Lumpen who was targeted for a fall in battle, that all doesn't hurt, either!

Outside of that slapfight, I do think there had to be scum in our raiding party just cause we came out so much worse off. The only one I think actually looks towny so far (besides me) is imgay, though. I'm most suss on Amoeba for the "oh wait maybe I'm not as good as I thought" routine. I'm really surprised Amoeba took the back row wound instead of me. My power gives only a small net buff, because it comes at the expense of my skill to buff others. Looking at the other thread, merk claims he really buffed up their back row, and someone in their back row claimed he had brutal debuffs, so its not surprising we lost but it is surprising Amoeba ended up with the lower score. Unless I did soak the wound for either back row loser or weakest individual, and another one went to Amoeba cause I was only allowed to have one wound resolve on me. But that would mean yet another wound stacked up on our side, and it's getting ridiculous.

Anyway for today though, I'd most like to see a resolution to the Soag/Sodo slapfight, keeping that pool of battle suspects in mind for tomorrow. That data should be a lot easier to analyze after we have another battle to compare to.

##vote Soag

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Sodomeow (2): Venom Soag, The Ninth Layer
tithin (1): Venom Soag, Venom Soag, Kashuno
Tremendous Taste (1): Power of Pecota
Power of Pecota (1): 100YrsofAttitude, Kashuno, Kashuno
Venom Soag (1): Sodomeow

Not Voting (8): Amoeba102, Bifauxnen, imgay, Magnus Gallant, Pinterest Mom, Puntification, tithin, Tremendous Taste

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Day 2 is Standard Majority!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Listen guys, Soag is not scum

• Locked thread