Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

buttfuck 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Good one, Homer.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Sharkopath posted:

you get your rank yet?

nah not yet. i gotta mentally prepare for competitive and i haven't had a lot of time to play matches

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

nah not yet. i gotta mentally prepare for competitive and i haven't had a lot of time to play matches

good luck!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah, lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Thank you. Good luck though because the only people in the US who play that these days are 50 year old pot heads. Cheers.

This is so spot on and will be me in 20 years.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Boyfriend Feel Foreskin lmao!!!!!!!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Boyfriend Feel Foreskin lmao!!!!!!!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bad company 2 was a really good time.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
that Battlefeel when no BF game will be as good as BC2 was

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

tranime scholar posted:

That feel when the bar isn't that much higher than any other piece of trash that company has developed.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

tranime scholar posted:

I grow tired of this meme.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Wormskull posted:

That feel when the bar isn't that much higher than any other piece of trash that company has developed.

mirror's edge was good

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
i like to get in a jeep or a tank when someone else is driving it and just enjoy the sights

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tranime scholar posted:

mirror's edge was good

I really hope they don't gently caress up Mirrors Edge 2.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

There's still combat. I hope the level design is open enough to let you skip all that.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Someone got me Angels Fall First. I'm hoping it's actually like bf2142 combined with eternal silence like the video makes it out to be.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

In Training posted:

me too but they've already said they're going to "focus on combat", whatever that means.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tranime scholar posted:

me too but they've already said they're going to "focus on combat", whatever that means.

They got rid of guns and you get to do cool kicks instead, which affects your momentum. You can get like speed boosts by kicking out a dudes legs and then catapulting yourself off their body. That stuff looks cool, I just don't know why they made it "open world" when the fun of it is that it was actually a good first person platformer

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
open world is a design trap

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

In Training posted:

They got rid of guns and you get to do cool kicks instead, which affects your momentum. You can get like speed boosts by kicking out a dudes legs and then catapulting yourself off their body. That stuff looks cool, I just don't know why they made it "open world" when the fun of it is that it was actually a good first person platformer

oh, good. when i heard focus on combat, i was expecting them to force even more shooting into the game.

making mirror's edge open world is an odd decision. i don't know if they have it in them to make an open world actually interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i'd rather bigger levels with multiple routes but the same destination. like a first person sonic level.

• Locked thread