Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
That was a good intro and covers the bases. Could use more branch-in-rear end action though :yayclod:

Anyone into historical drama should check this out. The BBC has done good. (And yeah, it will probably get compared to Vikings but it's standing on its own just fine.)

Also the eps are usually up on the BBC website after airing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

life is killing me posted:

I know the first episode was on there, but for some reason I think they aired the first two concurrently, so maybe try and see if what BBC America's website has posted also has the second episode included? I had trouble finding either on their website actually, which is why I didn't mention them being available to view on the website, but it could just be me being a lazy bastard. If episode 1 is on there, I'm guessing they really did air the first two episodes on the premiere night and that's why Episode 2 isn't posted separately. It's a possibility?

That may have happened. Here's the link I was thinking of: http://www.bbcamerica.com/the-last-kingdom/extras/series-premiere-full-episode/

Thought the beeb would stream them all but maybe not. Bugger.

Looks like it's plenty resolved though /\

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

etalian posted:

That manchild dunk character is really hilarious. It's like combing the spiteful cowardly nature of Joffrey but in this series everyone can get away with owning him since he has no real power after getting passed over for the crown.

I did like the "ok I'll be a man...NOW! ok....now! No really riiiiiiiiight NOW! There, im good." :yayclod: bit.

Also seeing the reaction(s) to his obvious bullshit.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV › The Last Kingdom Season 1: "You're a Virgin"

Uthred's actor is doing a good job of portraying an angry young man so far.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Bookchat is ok, it's interesting to see the comparison and people liking one would probably go for the other. Keeps the thread going a bit too.

also; Ubba's actor seems p. chill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbPsdrkwPnw

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

etalian posted:

The actor owned, I'm sort of sad he's out of the season since he added a good amount of unpredictable craziness to the show.

The duel showed why you don't make him angry or even worse try to fight him.

The negotiation scene was interesting since even though Uthred made piles of mistakes he's still really strong at improvisation and bold decision making.
He managed to use things such as the storm or his sorcerer failing to foresee rear end torture to exploit Uppa's superstitious nature.

One thing that does jump out about Uthred is how agnostic/pragmatic he seems to be on the religious front. He's professed belief in Odin and has a priest for a friend but he'll still dig at people's religion to get an edge on them. That and his love of living dangerously is getting him places, anyway.

Sad to see Ubba out so soon but we're apparently getting a major Big Bad so that should be fun. Uthred could use a little smacking around and not the courtly Saxon kind, which just makes him angry.

Also shout to the expert treatise on tits.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
That it does. This latest managed to move up Dane-Saxon, Christian-Pagan, Uthred-Alfred all while spending a good chunk of time in a marsh.

And next week is the season finale apparently. Short season.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
"Were the arrows enough or should we get the club?" :black101:

Really would have liked a few more episodes, but they did good with what had. Solid battle scenes and character development through out. Most of the time it felt like were showing not telling, anyway.

Have a feeling this might work a little better as a binge-watch with some (inevitable) extra-scenes thrown in.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Wouldn't be surprised if there was a marathon or an encore at some point. They put a lot into the series so they'll probably want to get a little more mileage out of it.

IIRC even Copper got that much.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
/\ Plus they're doing 10 extra episodes. :yaycloud:

Just hope they don't break the season up into parts spaced out over the course of a year or whatever.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
The .5 season makes it easier to just skip a lot of stuff and waiting till it's out in its entirety though.

"Enjoy the new season, don't forget to catch the last four episodes in 8 months" kills the suspense every time.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
February 2016 seems to be the firmest date so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

life is killing me posted:

There's a Guy Ritchie movie coming out next year based on a Cornwell novel?

I think it's a reference to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0CsoPAlGlg

yeah...

• Locked thread