Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Botnit posted:

I don't think so, Vikings Ragnar isn't portrayed as mythological or supernatural at all, the only character who even kinda is is Ragnar's brother Rollo who does some questionable feats of strength (but still not outright supernatural). Ragnar is just a flawed guy with great political thinking (exact opposite of Arseling basically).

I'm trying not to compare the two shows despite being similar, I'm enjoying them both equally, that was just the one main thought I had comparatively between them. If you like Last Kingdom you should definitely check out Vikings though.

Do we watch the same Vikings? Ragnar occasionally sees visions of Odin (like right at the start of the very first episode) and Rollo is basically unkillable and the most you can do is give him a sweet new scar while he berserkers armies to death.

On vague point, I really like The Last Kingdom and will enjoy watching more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread