Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Trollologist posted:

Can you do something for me real quck? Just, super quick here, SHUT YOUR loving IDIOT MOUTH. OK, great. thanks.

Since it's painfully clear that you can't read, or don't want to, or whatever let me go ahead and just chunk out a quick number here: 7
That's how many years DOA has been operating without me in it. And, by this ignorant rear end statement that I have to address because you clearly have some kind of learning deficiency, I'm going to guess that you assume that in the entire 7 years of operation they've never once put up flyers?! They do, They do alot. And this is all they have to show for it in almost a decade: 1500FB likes and average big show attendance of around: 200. SO CLEARLY THE FLYERS DON'T loving WORK THAT WELL DO THEY?!?!?!?! BECAUSE IF THEY DID THERE WOULD BE DEMONSTRABLE GROWTH OVER THAT PERIOD OF TIME INSTEAD OF YEAR AFTER YEAR OF FISCAL LOSS YOU SIMPLETON?!

The reason I'm focusing on online tickets sales, patreon, making sure wrestlers have a finisher, all the other poo poo you dick wads have been mocking me for is thus:
A) When someone learns of the product, its really really easy for the customer to give us money/reserve seats/buy things. It's 2015 for gently caress's sake, you shouldn't be operating a cash-only business anymore.
B) All these things are SUPER easy to set up. it's like 5-10 mins of work tops. Why not do it?
C) These things are SUPER Cheap for us to do. If I look at how much I may stand to make from all online fans that can't make it to shows (because they live far away) through Patreon Vs. How many people putting up 1 flyer at 1 bar brings in it seems like a more profitable endeavor to sacrifice 1 flyer to set up a patreon, also since I have to pay for the flyer print + transportation to get to the bar it's even more a cost effective endeavor.
D) Again, frameworks for growth. Set these things in motion now, so I can capitalize easier as new customers become aware of the product.

So, like, are words hard for you or something? I have to quote myself here because, gently caress.

That, that LONG rear end list there, that is EVERY CHANNEL FOR REVENUE THAT I GET A CUT OF. THAT IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO TURN INTO $8k/mo. Not just "merch sales" Thanks for taking the time to do proper research before you shoot off your stupid opinions. I mean, I'm not even digging up an old rear end post, I wrote that today. like, it's on the same page.

I'm not sure if I want to get into the whole "anti-smark" angle. I just kind of want to promote it as: A Good Show worth seeing. or Just Good Wrestling. Or to get really basic: A fun time, check it out. Every american knows what pro-wrestling is. TONS of them watch similar stuff (action movies/TV shows, UFC, and so forth) Yet, from just a GROSS Revenue angle barely anyone watches Pro Wrestling. So I don't really want to double down on wrestling lingo, and smarky (or anti-smarky) promotion antics because in my mind it cuts off the really casual consumer that might go to something like this, and might come back because hey "it's a fun time, check it out."

This is a good and interesting idea. Most smart phones record in like 1080p anyway so something like a "fan clip of the night" or whatnot could actually work pretty well. I'm not sure about legal, or setting up a channel for fans to submit videos (vine? I don't know) but this is a neat concept and I'll probably steal it.

That is exactly how I plan on doing it. :hfive:

Setting up a comments/suggestions box naow.

Crap like this is why people hate wrestling. Wrestling just needs to stop pulling this poo poo. Stop using special words (mark/smark, face/heel, work/shoot) so that you and people "in the know" get to wink and nudge and feel like a member of the kool kids klub. Bending the 4th wall and dragging real life issues into a show so that you can say "no, for real, we're really real, really you guys it's not fake it's real" just makes you look stupid because you're not fooling anyone. Wrestling needs to grow the gently caress up. I mean it's 2015 and WWE is still trotting out Stone Cold and The Rock because in 14 years they haven't made anyone that can penetrate the market beyond wrestling fans. Hell, you guys are STILL watching Nitro, because wrestling as an industry hasn't had a good idea since '96.

I just want to focus on strong characters with concise motivations telling stories that actually payoff in a logical manner. And promote a show using sound business tactics.

Goldmine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is it Do A Pro or D.O.A. pro

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I once went to an indie show I saw advertised in my school newspaper because Petey Williams was in the ad. So maybe you should book Petey and run ads in school newspapers.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

because its def dead on arrival

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

because its def dead on arrival

They hired Skull and 8-Ball? Now I'm interested

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Sell your kidney to buy an orangutan. Make your main event all the local wrestling school kids trying to pin the monkey.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cut your dick off

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

Do A Pro: Rat tested, Jim Cornette approved

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

have you tried flyers?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

have you tried flyers?

STUPID. That's never gonna work.

Make small versions of your posters and hand them out to people, OP

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

have you tried flyers?

Meme-based flyers where you turn your top wrestler into a meme. John Cena and Randy Orton are memes and WWE is hotter than it's ever been so I don't see this one failing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

duyarvish posted:

Sell your kidney to buy an orangutan. Make your main event all the local wrestling school kids trying to pin the monkey.

Have the orangutan hand out flyers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

STUPID. That's never gonna work.

Make small versions of your posters and hand them out to people, OP

If the OP is so sure flyers don't work, then don't do them. Don't do any of the dumb, plebeian stuff like advertising with local businesses or radio. Just tweet about the show, and put up some clips of moves on Instagram and Vine. I guarantee you the result will surprise either the OP, the promoter, or both!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Make the Orangutan run the social media stuff

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the easiest way to get publicity these days is running for president or shooting up a school

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

see if you can get taylor swift to bring out your heavyweight champion as a special guest on her tour

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Make me the champ btw. I have always wanted to meet Tay-Tay (I call her Tay-Tay).

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
Focus on spreading the word to the local area. It doesn't matter if you have a website if nobody knows it exists. People aren't going to come from far and wide to see your Z-list promotion. Build up some local hype. I'm sure there's more than 30 people in your area who like wrestling and have $10 spare.

Start a meme. That rant earlier was a good start, I'm sure people here in the Rowdy Ringsports subforum will be saying "Can you do something for me real quck? Just, super quick here, SHUT YOUR loving IDIOT MOUTH. OK, great. thanks." for many years to come. Or piggyback off of an existing meme! Have Draxxys "Anarchy" Devastator wrestle for cummies, instead of a title belt.

Striking Yak fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 22, 2015

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now that I'm pretty sure the OP will never come back because he's been embarrassed and is all resentful, I want to get talking about Anarchy Draxxus Devilsatan. Why is there always someone in these rinky-dink feds who tries to be the most ultimate evil ever, but never do it right?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Apparently I live near Manflurry so buy me a plane ticket too and I will manage him by carrying a rolled-up printout of r/Squaredcircle, yelling about gamergate and calling myself the Apex Redditor

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

fly me to portland and i will feud with Strenuous Manflurry

i'll put him over good brother

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can be your token racist dogwhistle character. I'm brown and have a beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBluf_YzRg4

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Advertise John Cena as being there and when people show up to see him it'll just be a really pissed off alley cat.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Advertise John Cena as being there and when people show up point to an empty ring and ask why they can't see him

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
write hamb on your dick and post it

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Engage in twitter spats with easily provoked stars and then invite them to your fed to talk about it in the ring.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Fly every single person posting in this thread to Portland to have a battle royal/form a street team to put up flyers and write hamb on all our dicks

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hire Vince Russo

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

How much for Virgil?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Fly every single person posting in this thread to Portland to have a battle royal/form a street team to put up flyers and write hamb on all our dicks

write hamb on the orangutang's dick.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

My friend Spermgod linked me to that post, just wanted to show my appreciation

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just completely and unabashedly rip off Hoodslam. Also sell weed and cheap beer at your shows.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i really really love the part where you replied sincerely to the guys The Flyerman idea

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

i really really love the part where you replied sincerely to the guys The Flyerman idea

Hey it was good enough for Inoki...

You gotta make sure that Flyerman's repping a local charity before you beat the poo poo out of him tho for full effect.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Name a dorksheet : the op

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

give jeff jarrett the strap

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thauros posted:

You gotta make sure that Flyerman's repping a local charity before you beat the poo poo out of him tho for full effect.
op book an invasion of Bustin' for Autism

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Striking Yak posted:

I'm sure people here in the Rowdy Ringsports subforum will be saying "Can you do something for me real quck? Just, super quick here, SHUT YOUR loving IDIOT MOUTH. OK, great. thanks." for many years to come.

You've discovered my nefarious plan to garner Comeback Poster of the Year votes

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Spermgod posted:

It's the perfect bookend to the SHUT YOUR loving IDIOT MOUTH opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If you want to get nuclear heat set up a tech entrepreneur gimmick who brags about gentrifying Portland and how it should only be for the wealthy. Throw in a bunch of bullshit tech jargon

• Locked thread