Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

My Sprint contact is up on the 20th and I'm pretty much set on trying Fi. Too bad the store is out of the 64GB 6p though. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Glass of Milk posted:

One other question- is there any point to setting a data usage amount? If you just set it to 1GB, for example, they're going to charge the regular rate if you go over, and if you're under you'll get a credit. I don't see the point.

From what I've read, not really. The only drawback is that Google will send a ton of data overage alerts.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Darkpriest667 posted:

I believe the store is out of everything for the 6P in all colors? It was last time I checked. You can order direct from Huawei.

http://www.gethuawei.com/nexus6p

I was planning on paying it off over the 2 years since why wouldn't I take 0% financing? The sign up page for Fi says they have some 32GB 6Ps in stock, so I might just go with that if push comes to shove.

e: Also just noticed, but Huawei says they're sold out too.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 29, 2015

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

I got an email today. Google had some 64GB 6Ps in stock, so Project Fi here I come. :toot:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Humerus posted:

Has anyone that ordered a 6P through Fi received it yet? Getting kind of pissed seeing all these people who ordered in the last few days getting their phones while my three week old order has been "processing" for a week.

I ordered a aluminum 64GB 6P last Friday, and I got a notification that I should actually have delivery by tomorrow. Oddly enough, I can't activate it for another two weeks since my contract expires on the 20th.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Mr. Crow posted:

My 6P comes in Friday :woop:! I'm looking for a case, is the ADOPTED case through the google store any good? What are some other recommendations?

It's pretty plain looking but I've dropped it a couple times and my phones no worse for wear.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

My parents are looking at getting a tablet to user on vacation, and I brought up the idea of attaching it to my plan. Any recommendations on a cheap tablet that works with Fi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

binge crotching posted:

I've been having the exact same problem. My 6p will randomly die once it gets below 40% battery. It's gotten to the point that I carry an external battery pack with me so my phone isn't in the random shutdown zone if I'm going to be away from a charger for a few hours. I'm also having it go from full to empty way faster than it should be. I guess I'll try hitting up Google support to see if I can get a replacement for it, since it's also out of warranty.

There is something very wrong with the battery, this was how it looked after my bus ride to work:

If you ordered it through Google, call Fi customer support ( 844.825.5234 ) and tell them about the battery issue. My 6P has the same issue and they're sending me a new 128GB Pixel XL as a replacement.