Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's my first day on project fi (Pixel 2) and the data speeds are fine but SMS take up to 30 seconds to go out. Anyone know what could be happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Has anyone on Fi figured out the "SMS messages in group texts show up with random delays" issue yet? Happens on Pixel 3. My group texts are useless, and it seems to be worse the more people are in a group.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Sub Rosa posted:

On the Google Fi Unlimited plan, do you drop to something like 2G after 22 gigs or are you just deprioritized?

Adding to what others already said, you CAN pay to lift the throttle. I accidentally used my 22 gigs while traveling, forgot my hotspot was on. You can pay some large amount like $10 per gig to go back to normal speeds again for the rest of the cycle.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

My PC makes ringing sounds whenever someone calls my phone. Is this a Google Fi thing? How do I turn it off?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Oh cool, I figured it out! Thanks. It was gmail, and there's a checkbox to turn it off.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Does that mean you can integrate messages into hangouts too? That could be kind of neat.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

Is it better than any generic sub $20 stand charger?

I've owned it for 1.5 years and no, not really

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Pixel 5 question: I'm stuck in Canada (from USA) with a bad phone plan (Google Fi Flexible)

Since my Google Fi is on the eSim, could I go to a Canadian network and get a sim card with data only, for the duration of my trip? Would my Google Fi work concurrently for texts and calls, while the Canadian sim handled data?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Oh drat, I'm just learning about Pixel Pass from this thread and it looks right up my alley. Thanks Google Fi thread.

Google doesn't seem to advertise Pixel Pass much 🤔