Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I purchased a phone to take advantage of the gift card deal yesterday. The e-mail saying my order had been confirmed had my previous address as the shipping location as I have moved recently, woops! I went to edit my order and google can't find my order at all, even though I have an order number. Goons, did I buy a phone or not? I sent an e-mail to googles support but who knows when they will get back to me.

EDIT: Well my order is showing up, but I can't change the shipping address as far as I can tell. So my only option is to cancel the order? Because that really stinks.

cinnamon rollout fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

So earlier I had purchased a phone through Google for the promotion they just had and had it accidentally shipped to a wrong address. Google was spectacularly unhelpful. I did manage to get the phone though, by going to the address I had accidentally shipped it to and talking to the person living there. Thank God they were understanding about the whole thing.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not that I know of. How would I find that out? In the settings under phone number it says unknown.

And I can't cancel... At least not from my end, the option to stop the port isn't there in the Fi app anymore.

Called again on Monday, they said they'd look into it again, try to get ahold of the senior tech and call me back within an hour... It was much longer than an hour, so I had already left work (since I can't receive calls on my cell, I had to give them my work number,) and they just left a VM saying they're still looking into it. No details, and they said not to bother calling again cause they know it's an issue and are still working.

Jesus this sounds miserable

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

Yeah I got mine yesterday, thanks Google

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

Cloks posted:

Fi and FedEx together are like peanut butter and shards of glass. I had to drive across town to pick up my Pixel 3 XL a few months ago because the driver wouldn't come to my door so I couldn't sign for it.

I'm pretty sure I have PTSD from having to deal with FedEx, Fi, and trying to get my phone.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

Sixty dollars per line for two people seems crazy when I'm currently paying between 50 and 55 dollars per month total for two people with the regular plan. Am I in the minority? I just don't go a lot of places that don't have plentiful wifi, even when I'm traveling I think the most I've racked up is a 70 dollar bill.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

Cloks posted:

Make sure your address is easy to deliver to. Fi is fine as long as you never need customer support.

This is not a joke, you won't get any help from their customer support. I'm not sure why they even have it.

Edit: the service itself has always worked wonderfully for me however.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

Just wanted to say Fi had been great for me, I use very little data in general but I have no problem actually using it (and paying for it) when I need to. I can understand the anxiety of trying to keep costs down though. Also their customer service is by far the worst I have ever experienced to the point where it might as well not exist, so keep that in mind.

Edit: the Google VPN ended up being extremely handy for me also, not sure if you need or want it but it is there if you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

Google Fi support is easily the worst customer support I have ever encountered. Easily worse than any of the typical companies with bad support that you would usually think of, like Comcast. Google Fi goes out of its way to be unhelpful and I really feel for you having to deal with them.
I never had any luck getting them to do a single thing and that includes hours of calls, shaming them on social media, even physically going to places to try to sort it out.
I hope you have better luck than I have with support, I don't suppose the repair place is near you?