Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boscoman
May 14, 2004

Eats like a meal...

Braksgirl posted:

Just FYI, if you get a Nexus phone and you're going to use Google Fi with a Google Voice number, you better allow some time for the number transfer. I got my 5X on Thursday of last week and I STILL don't have phone service yet. When they say it takes up to 5 days to transfer a Google Voice number to Project Fi, it takes 5 WHOLE DAYS.

You might want to contact the Fi support people, because my GV number ported to Fi in about 10 minutes on a Nexus 6.

Glass of Milk posted:

I gave in- nexus 5x for wife, nexus 6p for me. They won't start charging for service until I activate it right? Her phone ships in one day, mine in 4-6 weeks. I'd like to avoid having to break up my current service if possible.

That's correct. Once you get your phone and the Fi sim you'll go through the actual activation process at that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU