Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm pretty sure I bricked my pixel 1 by dropping it. I've gotten a black screen and the buttons/fingerlock are non-responsive. I've tried to do restarts, hard restarts, get into the boot menu, etc., but it's just a black screen. No vibrations, noises, or flashing lights or whatever. I wanna say I had 40~50% charge so the battery wasn't dead.

How much of a pain in the rear end is it to get data/photos off of a pixel that won't turn on? Is that something a repair shop would even do? I was going to upgrade anyways and I'd like to try and get my stuff off of it before I try trading it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I hadn't backed anything up in awhile so I'm going to cross my fingers and try a hdmi/usb-c dock while I await the replacement. Thanks for the info!

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

FI has been great for me. Way cheaper than what I was paying Sprint and I've always been on WiFi as much as possible even pre-covid.

The only issue I've had is when a phone breaks it's taken awhile to get replacements. Went for a whole week for a refurbished phone then twelve days for a new phone that I ordered as an upgrade right before breaking the last one. I could have gone to a store but trying to avoid catching/giving covid to my household.

Otherwise all I care about is that it's a phone and that service works when I need it.