Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
I looked through the FAQ and didn't see mention of it, with their invite system can you start a plan with multiple lines or does each person need a Project Fi invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I don't think I've seen SMS converted to MMS after 160 characters in like 5+ years and I've been on T-Mobile, Verizon, and Cricket.

I have. My Verizon LG G3 started doing that a couple months ago, as part of its progressive slip into "holy poo poo I need to get a new phone Now" levels of broken. 4hr battery that gets hot enough to be super uncomfortable randomly, the mic fuzzes out 3 or 4 times while I'm on the phone for a 10 minute conversation, and just last night it started sending text messages between 4 and 16 times. All this continued After factory resetting it. I'm beginning to think it's a short circuit or something. Ghosts probably.

Maybe I'll get off my rear end, eat the ETF and make the switch to a 6P tonight.

I did it. It's super easy to switch, if you're on the fence like I was just do it. (hell yeah my ETF expired 2 days ago too!)

Diabeesting fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 15, 2015

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
Got my 6P, sweet Legos, and SIM card yesterday. This thing is the bees knees. It's massive, in a very good way.

One thing I wish they did was make the finger print sensor on the back an actual button, like the LG G3. Having controls on the back was much more enjoyable than having them on the side.

Switching from Verizon was criminally easy. Pop in SIM card, press 'transfer my number' and within 15 minutes I got an email that my verizon line had been canceled and my Fi line was open.

The Fi network in my area is quite strong, and actually gets 4g vs the 1 bar of 3g I could manage with verizon.

Overall experience: 10/10, would recommend. Also, legos.