Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
I actually didn't like this game as much as I should've growing up, but that's because I started with DKC2 before playing the first one (pirates were cool back then). Still, I find it to be challenging enough to rival today's platformers.

I do miss K. Rool though and his big crazy-eye. I think he should've made it in the next-gen DKCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Ceraph posted:

Also I have mixed feelings about K. Rool, I do miss him and it would have been nice if he were included even as a cameo, but it's also nice to get a fresh villain in the series every once in a while so it doesn't end up like Mega Man's "Oh, SURE it's not really Wily this time ;) "

Good point, I just felt that DKC Returns was really shooting for nostalgia, and it would've been cool to see K.Rool again, even as a cameo. They did, however, surpass K. Rool in the sequel, Tropical Freeze, where the badguys are a bunch of Heavy Metal-themed Viking critters and their menacing walrus chieftain.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

The music in DKC is very hypnotic and definitely portrays its surroundings well, although me personally, I found the snow theme to come off as more eerie then what you'd expect for a winter wonderland.

Also, I must be getting my DKCs confused; I could've sworn you fought the big hornet boss with Squawks the Parrot, and had to spit poo poo at him. I like your vids, they're definitely a trip down memory lane :allears:

*edited because my grammar sucks

Digital Jello fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 29, 2015

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

One of the biggest challenges of the first DKC, for me, was the fact that Diddy had such a hard time dealing with the fat Kremlings (from the latest update) and the Scharzenegger-looking blue Kremlings. As you stated in the video, it becomes almost impossible for Diddy to solo a stage at this point without DK, because of them. Yet, they mostly eliminated this from the sequels.

• Locked thread