Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

whats up with the nazi mustache lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

whats up with the nazi mustache lmao

Irony poisoned gamer.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

*imp zone collectively* that's me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm Nerdy Guy + Big Guy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

av material for an zone poster

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

frank.club posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

yes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

THanks to the mommas.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is for all the mommas out there..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How about a Busty Momma

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?
old man likes to tell stories sounds like something the translator thought up bc they couldnt translate the original description. this is my main worry with japanese vide games btw

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Can't wait for the 6 hour youtube exploration of Katamari's hidden lore told through item descriptions and gameplay.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

please pay respect to the fallen men, women and children of September 11th

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

9/11 is f*cking funny dude. It's so good that 2977 people died senselessly in the twin towers explosions. I'm always lolling about the people jumping to their deaths to avoid the flames /s. :rolleyes: Grow the gently caress up kid, and have some drat respect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

9/11 is f*cking funny dude. It's so good that 2977 people died senselessly in the twin towers explosions. I'm always lolling about the people jumping to their deaths to avoid the flames /s. :rolleyes: Grow the gently caress up kid, and have some drat respect.

Nice...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

It's win that the number of people who died at 9/11 is the same number of collectibles in yoshi's woolly world.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Americas K/D ratio after Bush won the Iraq war was so high, i think its obvious who came out on top anyway. Not really much discussion left after that.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Raymond Hog posted:

please pay respect to the fallen men, women and children of September 11th

F

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Can't wait for the 6 hour youtube exploration of Katamari's hidden lore told through item descriptions and gameplay.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Every single item description in Katamari is good for a sensible chuckle. And the best part is that there's a million of them. One time I was on painkillers and spent hours reading through them instead of playing the game I meant to play.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

je1 healthcare posted:

Every single item description in Katamari is good for a sensible chuckle. And the best part is that there's a million of them. One time I was on painkillers and spent hours reading through them instead of playing the game I meant to play.
This is also true for a bunch of the descriptions in one of the recent Kirby games, either Triple Deluxe or Return to Dreamland.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The sensible chuckle.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is also true for a bunch of the descriptions in one of the recent Kirby games, either Triple Deluxe or Return to Dreamland.

It would be badass if they made a new game like Great Cave Offensive and added funny descriptions for all the treasures.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Secret of Mana has killer item descriptions. Some guy put so much work in to writing 100000 tiny novellas about Potion and Gumdrop and whatever

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Some really great water effects in this game too. Gorgeous

Soral
May 30, 2009

Soral
May 30, 2009

bump

MiF
Nov 29, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

i'd like a full list of games with such descriptions. here is half minute hero 2:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Disgaea item descriptions are always silly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it the Japanese people or the localization teams that have the sense of humor when it comes to these things, OP. If you know.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's kind of shocking that the middle of this thread is about national tragedies and death tolls but I guess, it's a FYAD-lite, after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Is it the Japanese people or the localization teams that have the sense of humor when it comes to these things, OP. If you know.
you could ask mato nicely if you're curious about anything specific

but from the sounds of things, it's the localization teams replacing japanese jokes with things westerners will actually understand without taking a class in japanese culture while trying (usually) to keep to the original tone

• Locked thread