Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The new phoenix wright game is in development for nintendo 3DS. Not the one that takes place in the past, this is another one. So far there aren't much details, other than the protagonists will be Phoenix and Apollo, spirit summoning will return as a major plot element, and a new gameplay element will be a "water mirror", showing in court what the victim saw and felt in their final moments. I thought Dual Destinies was bad, and it's the only game in the series I think is bad, but then again, it's the same director making this as ace attorney: investigations, and the sequel to that was a big improvement. So, maybe this game will be an improvement on dual destinies. And oh yeah - this is my first thread in the imp zone, so BE NICE!!! :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i will play it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

elf help book posted:

i will play it

i mean me too obviously

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
what was bad about dual destinies? i havent played it. i've been playing a little wright v. layton

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

what was bad about dual destinies? i havent played it. i've been playing a little wright v. layton

the writing seemed a lot worse in a way i cant put my finger on... there were no good character moments or interesting case reveals or cool challenging gameplay moments. wright v layton kicks rear end

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

no they will not posted:

the writing seemed a lot worse in a way i cant put my finger on... there were no good character moments or interesting case reveals or cool challenging gameplay moments. wright v layton kicks rear end

agreed. i'm hoping the new game will be good.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

no they will not posted:

i liked the athena case at the school and the phoenix cases

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the bad guy in the school was dope

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Congratulations on your first thread!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

I liked the reveal of the Phantom but I recognize there were parts of it that weren't as original as previous installments. It was still better than Apollo Justice in my opinion though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I liked the reveal of the Phantom but I recognize there were parts of it that weren't as original as previous installments. It was still better than Apollo Justice in my opinion though.

it was better, and kinda proved to me that they dont need to rely on old characters as much, cuz apollo and athena were cool in it

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Congratulations on your first thread OP.

I'm not sure if I should be excited for this. I really liked the first Phoenix Wright game, but I tried playing Phoenix Wright 2, and it just wasn't very good.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

There should have been more scenes like that one where you confront Apollo

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

I'm not sure if I should be excited for this. I really liked the first Phoenix Wright game, but I tried playing Phoenix Wright 2, and it just wasn't very good.

2 kinda sucks, 3 is extremely good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I need to play AAI2

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

I need to play AAI2

me too but i hate that i have to emulate it when id rather play it on my 3ds

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

SM64Guy posted:

2 kinda sucks, 3 is extremely good

Is there a quality place I can read a good summary of what happens in Phoenix Wright 2 so I can play Phoenix Wright 3 unabated?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

Is there a quality place I can read a good summary of what happens in Phoenix Wright 2 so I can play Phoenix Wright 3 unabated?

maybe a wiki. it stands on its own pretty well though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

me too but i hate that i have to emulate it when id rather play it on my 3ds

im kinda dreading looking at my original fat ds screen after using new 3ds xl for so long

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

just play 2!!!! do it!!!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

im kinda dreading looking at my original fat ds screen after using new 3ds xl for so long

yeah i dont have a ds to put it on there, i'd get one specifically for aai2

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

elf help book posted:

just play 2!!!! do it!!!

I tried really hard to. It was too boring.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only beaten the first Phoenix Wright game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Capcom should get hosed for not localizing the game where you play as Wright's ancestor who teams up with Sherlock Holmes in Meiji Japan.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Capcom should get hosed for not localizing the game where you play as Wright's ancestor who teams up with Sherlock Holmes in Meiji Japan.

i cant wait to play it on an emulator in ten years

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

I tried really hard to. It was too boring.

You can just go straight to 3.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

I need to play AAI2

it's arguably the best one

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

The first 3 cases in 2 are weak, but the final case is probably my favorite in the series. So use a faq or a save file , and then enjoy the hell out of case 4.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

Listen fucker, the last case in the second game is the best part in the series

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
However, thank you for congratulating me.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can't fool me g0m, but nice thread bud.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

anyone who likes ace attorney should absolutely play investigations 2. that game is peak ace attorney, its so good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I haven't played any of the AAI games but I want to.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I haven't played any of the AAI games but I want to.

i didnt like aai 1 much at first btu it really grew on me as it went along

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The AAI games are some good times with Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and friends

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

sharrrk posted:

anyone who likes ace attorney should absolutely play investigations 2. that game is peak ace attorney, its so good

The fan translation for this is so well done. I was really impressed, its just about as good as a normal localization would be.

Ace Attorney 2 gets some flak for having one of the worst cases in the series, but I think the overall game is good and the last case is awesome. ITs better than apollo justice and dual destines, and I like both of those as well.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Kazvall posted:

You can't fool me g0m, but nice thread bud.

Figures that g0m's Imp Zone debut would be marred by the local trolls.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heck, the only gimmick op needs to know about being an imp zone success is to genuinely love video games

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
The plot that matters for aa3 is in case 2 of aa2, so you can skip the rest of aa2 if that's what you care about.

The back half of aa2 is good character stuff but it's a drat marathon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've replayed the first 2 phoenix wright games more than ive played any other game probably. once i played the first game entirely all the way through in french, despite not knowing any french. Just because

• Locked thread