Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The second day of your new demon hunting career has started. At least school has been mostly banal as a pallet cleanser. As if on queue things have become more complicated in your off time.

Crystal: What caused you to notice a dreadful aura over Mindy, the same type you saw Misha with yesterday?

Alexis: What did you find buried in your room that suggests Suzanne wasn't just a straight edge straight A student?

Jessica: Jennifer wants to investigate Lisa's nondescript illness with you. If she's interested in it then it is probably something magical. Were you planning on involving any of the others?

Tetsuko: Your poor dear mother was punched in the gut by some invisible force yesterday when she was shopping near the park. Did you have any plans that were canceled when you had to help her with house work?

Saya: You saw a photo online of Mingxia somewhere in the city. Did it seem like a good lead on finding her?

The bell rings and you are all free to meet up where you wish.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Resolve: 16/18 | Magic Overcharge: | 0 Heart Overcharge: 2 | Fury Overcharge: 0 | Status: Calm

Jennifer is going to help? That's great. I was going to just walk in and use my powers over memory to find something out, but maybe Jenny has a better way of doing this. She does have more experience. And no, I wasn't going involve any of the others, really. Chances are they'd just draw too much attention. Most of them aren't very subtle... Instead of going to any meeting spot with the rest of the others, I go and find Jennifer.

"Hey there. Glad you've managed to find the time to help out. Should make this easier..." I say to her.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Overcharge: Fury 2, Love 2

Saya flips through m-cafe.com on her phone boredly as she sits in her sweats at home. It's a way to make sure she hasn't been noticed by paying attention to the cosplay forums, but that's when she sees the picture of the blue-haired girl... was this from across town when they were fighting a demon? She bolts upright, messaging to all the others-

hey i found her !!!!

She does not immediately specific who her- well, she is.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Resolve: 18/18 | Overcharge: Support 1, Magic 3

Tetsuko never wants to see another cardboard box again. Yesterday she had to organize all the detritus gathered up in their basement, by herself while her mother stayed upstairs to rest. It's unjust! She's missed a perfectly good night out of watching thrillers for this. Enma also knocked over her piles as often as felinely possible, but that's too normal to be mad about.

Today she's decided to sit in the branches of her favorite tree on school grounds, flipping through a copy of Rebecca with angrily mumbled commentary. "drat it all, Maxim, you s-" The text arrives with a high-pitched sting of strings. Seems like Saya's cracked another case.

Congratulations, Saya!
Sounds like you've solved something devious
So who is "her"?

Monk E
May 19, 2009

Resolve: 17/18 Overcharge: magic-2

Alexis let the music fill her ears and set her gaze towards the ceiling. The days events bothered her and it wasn't just what had happened with Dahlia, between the conflict with the demons and the academic expectations she had come to be painfully aware of just how out of place she felt in her new lot in life. Still there were at least some bright spots the headphones she was currently wearing looked like they cost a mint and the music they were currently playing was from Suzanne's rather extensive playlist of rather explicit metal tracks. She still preferred listening to her own guardian disapproved music with her own crummy headpiece in her own bed but it was still nice that Suzanne's life gave her the opportunity to feel like herself every once in awhile even if it was just for a little bit.

Following the next days classes Alexis as considered checking in with her teammates her cell phone received Saya's message. It figured her school day had been rather uneventful so law of averages meant something was due to go wrong on the magical side of things.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

You know its complicated when you have lived with someone so long and one morning they just say I have nothing do not worry Because it only makes oyu worry more. Crystal was sitting by her locker looking at the distance her sister was speaking with some club presidents laughing and smiling but they did not see that morning that cold dreadful aura coming from her sister. "Please not mindy" she whispered to herself she needed to find the other girls she needed help... Mindy was her sister and she could not let harm come to her...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jessica: Jennifer nods. "Yeah, we're all in this together. Regardless of who's team we're on." She looks up at the hospital building and frowns. "We'll need to watch each others' backs. Hospitals are demon hot spots. Anywhere with a lot of people who aren't having a good episode in their life is bound to have one. A place like this probably has a few. Hopefully we can learn about their feeding patterns while here. I haven't seen them do more than nest and passively feed." Jessica sighed. "We need to find out what they can do so we don't get blind sided." She walks into the hospital lobby. "Oh, I already asked about visiting her but I got stone walled," she says in a hushed voice, "That's how I knew something was up. But I figured out what room she is in. 204." She gives a thumbs up.

Crystal: Once Mindy is done with her acquaintances she notices you. She trots over and gives a big smile. "Hi Crystal! What are you doing here? Are all your friends busy?" Her aura flares up. "Well forget them anyway. Do you need anything from your sis?"

(sorry my comp blew up and then I had to see the doctor I really want to be putting these out faster)

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 24, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Resolve: 16/18 | Magic Overcharge: | 0 Heart Overcharge: 3 | Fury Overcharge: 0 | Status: Calm

"Hm. Well, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get past any normal folk. I'll just cloak us in a field that makes others remember us as someone who's supposed to be there. Let's just go somewhere out of sight first..."

Well, easier said than done, it turns out.

"Oof. This is actually harder than expected. Lend me a hand, will you?"

Sorcery (Messing with memory perception): 2d6+6 9 Welp. Gonna use a boost on this and take 2 rounds/some time (but not the 10 minutes to autosucceed)

Boost roll: 1d6 2 OH FFS.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 25, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

There's no response in words, but after a bit, a picture of a magical girl in blue shows, even if it's a bit blurred with motion. Xia, probably, based on what Saya's said about her. As such, once she's at school later that day, she fidgets to the point she earns an eraser to the noggin from a frustrated teacher.

Once the bell rings, Saya takes off despite the clear provision that there is no running in the halls, as a class representative futilely tries to remind her. She's looking to run into any of her other magical peers - maybe literally, at the speed at which she's running.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jennifer nods and combines her magic with yours. There's a great arcane pulse as the spell succeeds. No one will remember you or even notice you unless you interact with them first. Jennifer frowns. "That was a bit flashy, I hope no one is here that can perceive magic. Let's take the stairs." She furrows her brow as you both go along. That sort of almost constipated look when she's trying to sense nightmares. Jennifer's knack for sensing magic is really something but has a few blind spots she's complained about passionately without getting into detail. "Well it seems clear."
You get to Lisa's room with no trouble. She sure is unconscious on that bed. Jennifer is still being scowly.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Resolve: 16/18 | Magic Overcharge: | 0 Heart Overcharge: 4 | Fury Overcharge: 0 | Status: Calm

"Well, I guess just asking her was unlikely to work. Hmm, I can probably look at her recent memories. Let's hope this is easier, I haven't tried this yet either... As before, your help would be appreciated."

Sorcery (Looking into Lisa's memories): 2d6+6 10 Sigh. Boosting.

Boost (again, sigh...): 1d6 5

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 28, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

You reach out to Lisa and get nothing back. Though it isn't exactly that you failed but that you're reaching into empty space. A piece of Lisa's soul seems to be missing, a gnawed gap in the mass.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

"I ummm" she said before smiling softly to her sister "Yes they are" she said to her sister "So I was wondering maybe you are free and may want to... You know talk a little" she said smiling softly at her as she walked next to her sister "We've both been like extremely busy lately and I kind of miss being with my sister" she said before laughing a bit "Here I go I must sound like a spoiled child to you" she said sighing softly

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Resolve: 16/18 | Magic Overcharge: | 0 Heart Overcharge: 3 | Fury Overcharge: 0 | Status: Calm

"Uh. That's not good. Her memories are gone. Part of her soul, too. Looks like a demon took a big bite. What do we do now?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jennifer looks distressed. "What? How could-" She puts her hands over Lisa. After a moment she breaks her concentration. "It seems like she's recovering, slowly. But she'll be worse for wear." She frowns and looks around for an idea. "Maybe we can recover the piece of her from the demon? I'll try to see if they're some residual aura or something left on her. So we can tell which demon it is." She goes back to concentrating on Lisa. You hear a low growl rumble from nowhere in particular.

-------------

"Anything but!" She pulls you into a hug. "I missed hanging out too. You always seem to be off doing something with your friends. Honestly what could be so interesting that you spend so much time with them doing? Well whatever." She dismisses the thought with a smile. "What did you want to talk about?"

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Resolve: 18/18 | Overcharge: Support 1, Magic 3

Tetsuko's spent a lot of the day's mental effort rehearsing her match against "her". Who is without a doubt the legendary Mingxia. Some of Mindy's Jeet Kune Do acquaintances give her the evil eye after lunch, and she doesn't even glare when she pushes them aside. It's merely automatic.

Honestly, two rivals near a sleepy town like this? She's whistling nostalgically at this discovery, a heavy stack of books in hand and a jaunty little smile on her face. The rapid patter of approaching footsteps barely registers until she passes a corner, swerves her head over and-

"Yo, Saya. Just who I-" Saya's not slowing down, is she?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Uh... I think I just heard something. A growl. I... can't pinpoint from where, tough..."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Trying to turn around and skid to a halt at the same time, Saya tumbles over towards the land of pratfall, population her. "Hey Tetsu -whoa -oahh!"

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

Great now you're talking quick think of a topic... MISHA! Crystal smiled at her sister as they started to walk together "Well I was with Misha the other day... I know you two don't get along all the time but please listen to me before you start ranting, please?" she asked waiting a couple of seconds to see if her plea worked before continuing "She was acting weird the other day and today in the morning you were acting weird in a similar way and... I just want to make sure everything is OK..."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Jessica, Jennifer pulls back from her channeling. "Huh? Hmm, I don't like the sound of that." She concentrates for a moment. "Something's wrong." She walks over to the door and opens it. The doorway is filled with broken cell doors. There is a trail of blood through the hall way and you barely hear chains rattling over a cacophony of pigs squealing. "We're in a nightmare! How did this happen? What category of demon can even pull people into its nightmare? Oh crap oh crap. What do we do?"

Crystal, Mindy's smile becomes a bit forced when Misha is mentioned. "Oh? Maybe she's just stressed out over some work? I've been pretty busy lately myself. So just give her some space to sort it out? I finished up my business this morning so you don't need to work about me." As her aura seethes you see in it a bend in the light that signifies the edge of a nightmare.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Resolve: 16/18 | Magic Overcharge: | 0 Heart Overcharge: 2 | Fury Overcharge: 0 | Status: Calm

"Uh.. Oh crud... Well, I don't think we can get help now, can we? We got to fight it, right? We can't just leave all of these people to the demon!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

"Wait don't..." she said as she saw the aura around her. Crystal felt something in her stomach like a bag of bricks had fallen directly into it as her eyes dilated from the shock "["size=xx-small"]Oh no Mindy... Please not Mindy[/size]" she said in shocke as she saw her sister leave. She had to do something... But what could she do? she asked herself as she tried to find somewere private to thing "Saya... She should know what to do" she exclaimed to herself she said as she searched for the other girl's cellphone "Wait I should go and try to find her myself" she said to herself as she started running trying to find her (Or any of the others really)

Search: 2d6+5 13

• Locked thread