Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Commissar Jess Kathryn Martin

The Commissar spends a good few minutes trying to pluck the biggest chunks of Warboss from her armor while the others talk. Once done she looks up, "Form 16-E, 'affidafit of first hand encounter with possible saintly episode' is the form you would be looking for Luthor. Typically Commissars don't just carry those around." She sits down on the ground and removes her helmet, wiping at her eyes. "I'm damned confused by what's happening, that's for sure. We killed our target, though not when we were supposed to, nevermind where. There is also the issue of that Chaos detour. We don't even know when that was either. This is one of those days I wish i would have been smart enough to get picked up by the Dialogos."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
As Rekt nears the downed Greentoof, the feeling of vertigo returns again in full force. Shimmering images of what has happened and what could have happened play through the air, showing Luke's death at the hand of the warboss, before being replaced with Luke simply diving between the warboss' legs, and countless other opportunities. Jess watches as friendly fire from Rekt's plasma gun sears a hole through the back of her carapace, and Rekt watches in stunned, 'I loving KNEW IT' horror at his plasma gun detonating and taking out himself and the heavy gunner, Tanzut.

The ripples in reality pull towards where the squad had appeared, and the Kasrkin feel something non-physical tugging them towards that spot. The air shimmers a brilliant cascade of colors before ending on a bright, blinding white, before all goes quiet.

"What in the name of the Holy Throne just happened there?!" Inquisitor Hammond's composure has dropped, and his stride turns into a run as he moves towards the now displaced Kasrkin, shock growing on his face as he notices the blood and gore on the soldiers. "Where the hell did you go? What the hell did you do? WHY IS BLOKOV NOT HERE YET ANDREI!!"

For the time being, it seems like the squad is back to when and where they once were, and from how Hammond is reacting, they were not gone very long at all.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Luke Finnegan

Despite the sudden change in his surroundings, Luke felt as though he was becoming more and more accustomed to the rapid shifts in reality. He tried to take in any clues as to their condition during these rapid transitions but feels as though everything is just blurring into a jumbled mess of timelines.

When time finally settles back on the Inquisitor and the nearby feast Luke breathed a sigh of relief, grateful for at least a moment of stability.

Luke brushes a piece of chunky Warboss off his shoulder and tries his best to answer the Inquisitor "The great enemy sir. Chaos knows about us, about this trip. We got pulled into some warp trickery where we seen a Chaos Sorcerer and another figure in a feathered robe. They seem to know about us, about you too, sir. The sorcerer said to give you his love."

"From there we got deposited back in this area after the orks invaded and ran head long into the Warboss where I was.... er, where we fought and killed him. Not much longer after that before we came back to where we are now."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Luthor Fortuna

Luthor rips his helmet off and takes a few deep breaths while staring at his feet. He might have been getting used to the physical feeling of getting wrenched back and forth through time but it was still playing havoc with his head. He looks up at the Inquisitor while wiping a few leftover flecks of Warboss blood off the lenses.

"Yeah, some Traitor Legion witch showed up while we were in-between...times? Well, he mentioned you, Inquisitor, so I'm guessing you either did something to him or WILL do something to him, someday, and this whole thing is intended to derail your future plans or get you killed before you can get in his way. I hope he doesn't think the Kasrkin are going to sit back and let a traitorous warp-worshipping sorcerer get his way."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Árguros

Arguros cleans himself, spraying unguents into every nook and cranny in his cybernetics to flush out anything orkoid.

"It seems our Kasrkins have made few very sharp observations. Some foul Warp sorcery plucked us from Now-Now and deposited us into someWhen else in time, to Now-Future. We're currently back in the Now-Now, but this too is just different Then to us." the techpriest grumbles.
"Well, atleast we know there exists someone with the capability of transporting us from This-Then to Our-Now."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The Inquisitor looks to the tech-priest, scratching his chin in thought. "So you went to then, but now you're here now, but then that then may not be the then that we'll see when we get to then, since then already happened and is now the future. Hm. I now wonder if now will then be the now we now know as our now is now the now we knew before; if so, then will the then we know as then be our then now? How would we know, and when?" He pauses for a moment, then looks back up at Árguros. "Where was then, then?"

Hammond looks to Luthor, nodding slowly. "Can't say I know many sorcerers. Outside of the scope of what I do, though the few I have met, I've put down. I don't like this one bit. From what little I can surmise, this sorcerer is trying to get some temporal lock on you. You might be some sort of homing beacon through what sure as gently caress isn't a circular path through time. It's more of spherical, since you seem to be pinging around and through different points in time. I wonder if my fuckery with your equipment had something to do with it, something different from recorded history that splintered us off into a different direction."

Dino sighs, running a hand over his shorn head. "Putting you lot in the hands of a chaos magician seems incredibly bad, so we need to do as much as we can to disrupt time as little as we can. So from here on out, anything you think may change the timeline, you alert me. We need to take as few risks as possible. No teary letters telling yourself to hug your dog more, no 'be at this place by noon for somethin' good', and definitely no sports almanacs. Ugh, the Ordo Chronos would be up my rear end if they found you had a sports almanac from the fething future." He looks again to Luke and the damage to his clothing, and narrows his eyes slightly. "Where you were what, lieutenant? I need to know everything there is to know about you and what's going on. Don't leave a single, niggling detail out."

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 16, 2015

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Árguros

"Unlikely sir, we just passed now then, we're at different when now. I figure that when then happens, we'll be there when then happens, to stop then happening. Unless knowledge of what is going to happen is going to make it so that we'll not be needed then."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Tanzut

The gunner keeps the barrels spinning just in case. That last orc seems like he's not quite out of action just yet, despite a rather un-orkish stroke of common sense in keeping his head down. Grohman trains the multilas on him anyway and keeps himself at the ready.

"I know I don't have the best handle on future subjunctive pluperfect here, but I can't help but think that this is all a trap. Are we sure that taking out the warboss was the best course of action? I know it was our orders to do so and I'll cut my own arm off before I stray from the Emperor's will, but maybe we just opened the door for much worse to happen. That heretic psyker seemed rather pleased to see us."

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Lieutenant Luke Finnegan

The Lieutenant curses himself. He let slip his tongue and of course the inquisitor caught him on it. That's what they do, he thought to himself.

"It's just that... and I'm not exactly sure how this happened mind you, but I very distinctly remember dying sir. But then I got better, I can only guess through time shenanigans. That was what gave me the opportunity to kill the warboss."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jess laughs, "Yeah, the Lieutenant was pretty dead, ork warboss got him good. I'll admit when he got back up, well, it was certainly a surprise. Some of the group here want to put him in for canonization."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Hammond takes pause at this, setting his jaw as he begins to circle the lieutenant. He prods him where there are holes in his carapace and his uniform, watching him for reaction. "You died and came back to life, but not immediately. Interesting, but I'm not sure what to make of it." He stops in front of Luke, narrowing his eyes as he studies the man's face. He looks over to Messick and nods towards Luke as he speaks. "Figure it was on your plate regardless, but get me a full diagnostic on the lieutenant, doctor. Everything you can run on him at the triage station on my ship, I want it done twice. Blood samples, skin and hair samples, if his piss so much as arcs funny I want it written down. Once you lot are in with the Eldar, I'm contacting my superiors to get in touch with the Ordo Chronos and see if I can't get an astropathic link between us all for advisement."

Dino leans back from the lieutenant's face and shakes his head. "Everyone, on the ship. I'll fetch Blokov myself. You get on, get a bunk, rest or whatever you want. But save the canonization talk until we speak with the Chronos inquisitor." He seems a little disjointed now, after hearing of Luke's miraculous recovery, and he strides off in search of the major, rolling up the sleeves of his coat as he walks to reveal silver plated arms.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Lieutenant Luke Finnegan

Luke gives a short chuckle after the inquisitor walks out of earshot. "Heh, you want that urine now or later, Messick?"

Luke turns to board the inquisitor's ship and adds, "I don't get it. I've heard some other officers mouth off that 'I regret that I only have one life to give for the Emperor'. Well, I apparently have two and Inquisitor Killjoy would probably burn me at the stake rather than utilize it for what it is."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Luthor Fortuna

He'd half-expected that reaction; from what he'd heard from Kasrkin who'd worked with Inquisitors before, they tended to greet even the most innocuous news with suspicion.

"Well, sir, I think that by Inquisitor standards that was pretty restrained, or so I've heard. It's his job to be suspicious of everything, after all. I'd be a lot more nervous if he was thrilled by the news, really."

Luthor shrugs and starts up the ramp.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Árguros

The techpriest doesn't enjoy having to deal with Inquisition more than necessary, since they keep assuming Inquisition somehow holds authority over the Priesthood of Mars.
Dealing with the Inquisition can, in small doses, be entertaining. Arguros likes in particular when the competing Ordos start shooting at each other.

"Chin up, Leftenant. At least you're not being probed by the Martian priesthood. We'd slice you into thin sheets and store in liquid nitrogen for further study. Since, you know, we're thorough."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Scalpel

Pulling his diagnosticator from its pouch, Daws begins going over the Lieutenant, checking his vitals. "I'm sure you're fine but I don't want to upset an Inquisitor, sir," he says to Luke as he connects a few sensors to the Lieutenant.

Medicae @ 64 to check for any abnormalities on the Lt: Medicae @ 64: 1d100 56

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Tanzut

"Just keep your results under your hat, doc. The last thing we want is the local priesthood running around and disrupting our preparations. We got orks and heretics at least on this planet, at one time or another. Literally. Last thing we need is for them to get in the way of trying to protect the planet."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Scalpel pokes and prods at the lieutenant as they board the shuttle, continuing his diagnostics until the ship is prepped for take off. Hammond returns to the back of the shuttle to make sure everyone is shut in, and notices Messick is busy with his diagnostator, working through a sample of blood. The Inquisitor gives the doctor a predatory grin but keeps moving, getting the back hatch shut. Blokov, having only recently boarded, heads to the front with the Inquisitor, giving the men a subdued nod.

Messick finally gets the results he was looking for, and compares them to the standards for the lieutenant from several check-ins over the past few weeks prior to heading towards Miamicus 7. Save for a slightly elevated pulse and increased blood pressure, everything seems to be on mark. DNA markers, cholesterol, everything mundane seems to be on point and unaffected by the recent 'incident.' As he reaches halfway through his report, he feels the shuttle jerk and begin its ascent, and finishes skimming it before putting it away as the vessel exits the atmosphere.

A speaker overhead blares into life, with the Inquisitors voice coming through with a hint of static. "Alright, Cadians. We have left Miamicus' orbit and we are en route. The Eldar don't have the same forms of communication that we do so I couldn't exactly drop them a letter lettin' them know I'm coming, and I'm not even sure they're still anywhere near where our BELOVED IDIOT MAJOR BLOKOV ROUTED THEM FROM." The speaker squeals with feedback as Dino raises his voice, and there is an exasperated sigh as he gets back on focus. "The trip won't take very long. We're out of orbit now, so I'm going to ask you lot to kit up. Lockers to your left, gents. Follow my lead here, no matter what you may think. Hammond out."

Once he is off the comms, the squad is able to exit their seats and check out what's in the lockers. Tanzut, having been closer to the lockers due to his seating position, is the first to open them and pulls out the first of multiple void suits; the entire locker system is full of equipment to protect against the vacuum of space and decompression, including several air tanks and rebreather systems.

Whatever the Inquisitor has in mind, it would be best to suit up as he requested. Jess notices the intercom is two-way, so it's possible to buzz the Inquisitor to question him on his plan.

Everyone gains a good craftsmanship void suit, which contains 12 hours of air and does not impose an agility penalty, as well as a pair of magboots.

Will update tomorrow and assume everyone geared up, even without a post.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 1, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Lieutenant Luke Finnegan

"I take it we should expect hostilities then?" the Lieutenant asks through the intercom as he works on suiting up.

---

Do the voidsuits replace our current armor or go over?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
It takes a moment before Hammond responds with a barking laugh. "Maybe! I'm not sure they'll be happy to see Andrei here but they're not gonna have open arms for us!" There is a moment where it sounds like Major Blokov was saying something but the line is cut off as Hammond releases the button.

The book says they are large and clunky so I am going to say they go OVER the armor.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Árguros

Arguros takes a glance at the standard issue voidsuits, shakes his head and starts pressure testing his Mechanicum armour. A sharp hiss echoes in the bay as he opens the purge valve.

"Standard issue void suits? I was sure an elite unit such as the Kasrkin would have had environmentally-sealed carapace suits?" He looks quizzically "Another one of those weird time paradoxes?"

Mechanicum Crimson Armour, suck it scrubs.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Luthor Fortuna

Luthor shrugs and starts donning the void suit. Hopefully this thing was cooler inside than it looked, or he was in danger of drowning in sweat.

"Our armor's definitely enviro-sealed, but I don't think these air tanks are designed to hook up to our armor. I don't know about you, but most of us have to breathe, and there's not that much air trapped in the armor. Without a carapace air tank, all the seals do is let you live long enough after a biological or chemical attack to get out of the cloud."

Luthor pauses, helmet in hands, as something occurs to him.

"Wait, why are we wearing these? I mean, obviously we're going into vacuum, but why? Are we planning on jumping out the airlock and landing on their ship?"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Tanzut

It seems a little backwards to put the suit on over the armor. If the armor can't protect the suit, it won't save you from dying when the suit breaches and voids all your air anyway. So hopefully there won't be any fighting until after the squad gets through whatever airless place they're going.

"And let's be honest, do you really want to be breathing nothing but the air in your armor? A good engagement tends to work up a sweat for me, so I'd like something reasonably more fresh. Like this O2 bottles from Emperor-knows how many decades ago."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The Kasrkin are given time to don their void suits (save for the weirdo Mechanicus whose implants and such allow his armor to count as a void suit), and before long the Inquisitor enters the bay, the helmet to his power armor under his arm. He gives everyone a cursory check and nod, and seems as if he's about to say something to Árguros but thinks better of it. "Just hope you got magboots in that, techpriest. Well, as I imagine you lot have gathered, we're going to be taking a short jaunt through hard vacuum. You see.." His sentence is interrupted by the shuttle making contact with something else, and the vehicle shudders as it comes to a stop. Below their feet, the Cadians can hear something extending and attaching to something else, and Hammond chuckles.

Dino dons his helmet, the thing hissing as it seals itself and begins to recirculate air. "The Eldar have made themselves home somewhere you might disagree with, Árguros, so please, follow my lead." After a minute, Blokov emerges, in a similar suit of powered armor, though it's obvious his has seen more use; he dons his helmet upon seeing Hammond is already ready to go, and he sighs. "I hate space walks." Hammond leads everyone into the outer airlock, sealing them in as the airlock depressurizes to match space outside. Once done, the hatch slides open as the ramp slides down, and the Kasrkins are given the first glimpse of their destination, for they have landed on the side of a massive battleship left adrift in space; a Space Hulk.

"The Farseer claims she took this hulk as a means to keep an eye on the system while keeping contact with us, but the old witch never actually uses the communications console. Eldar." Dino shrugs to punctuate his point as he clomps out of the back of the ship, his magboots making the walk a bit more strenuous. Above them, off in the distance, the Cadians can see the planet of Miamicus as if it were a moon, and bits of debris drift aimlessly around the massive ship. Blokov tentatively follows the Inquisitor; his face is hidden behind his helmet, but his nervousness is almost palpable.

"Luckily for us lot, I remember exactly where I met with her last. We'll be without atmos for a few corridors once we get in, but once we get to the shrine, the Eldar have set up their life support systems there. We'll be out of these space suits in no time, ladies." The grin in Dino's voice is even more palpable than Blokov's nervousness.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The Commissar quietly pulls the void suit over her armor, triple checking everything, and attempting not to void something else. She wasn't sure about the Karskin, but void walks were not part of standard commissar training, and up to this point she had made sure to remain inside an atmosphere. She ignores all the chatter of everyone else and just tried to focus on the act of breathing, something likely to be important here.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Árguros

The techpriest lets out a sigh inside his helmet.

"Inquisitor Soandso, I am deeply touched that you are concerned about a Mechanicum priest's ability to EVA. I assure you that the proper rites, as described by Saints Esa, Nasa and Roscosmos, are being followed." he broadcasts through Vox.
The Skitarius starts to levitate, using his mechadendrites as both tethers and stilts to 'walk' in void, making sure to keep at least two points of contact with any surface.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Scalpel

Carefully checking his suit for punctures, Messick asks, "So is there any protocol with the Eldar we should be aware of, sir?" He wiggles a gloved hand and adds, "And nobody try to get hurt; I don't want to try to patch you up with these things on."

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Lieutenant Luke Finnegan

"There won't be a lot worth patching up if your suit looses compression, hopefully we don't get into any fights before we're back in the gift of life support."

The lieutenant tests the magnetic activators for his boots before addressing the squad, "By the books void walk, gents. You've all done this before. Lets not have a repeat of what happened last time" he said, though the look he was giving Rekt was lost behind the masked helmet.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Luthor Fortuna

Luthor scans the Hulk as they walk. It was hard to even comprehend just how big these things got, even when you were standing on one and seeing nothing but metal and space in all directions.

"Hopefully the Eldar will have cleared out anything living in there. I hate fighting genestealers. Speaking of which, this Hulk have a name? They've always got the most cheerful names, like The Maw of Annihilation, or Antipathy's Lair."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Heinzen Rekt

Void walks. Rekt really hated void walks. And Eldar too, since they were the number one enemies that he was always right about paranoid 100% of the time. So this was a pretty horrible mission in his opinion so far.

He makes sure to walk as carefully as possible, holding the plasma gun really tight just in case something bad happens and the precious weapons flies off into infinite space. He's pretty sure Árguros would have him executed for that.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Tanzut

"Just keep your guard up, Luthor. Whatever they did to clear it out, hulks are big. And those bugs spread like... well, bugs."

The heavy weapon trooper keeps his multilas at the ready. If anything's gonna pop out at them, it'll get a face full of las fire.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The Inquisitor turns, and the look he intended to give Luthor is lost thanks to the featureless front of his visor. It takes Hammond a moment to realize this and he curses under his breath, stomping (as it is the only method of movement with the magnetic boots) to the soldier and carefully jabbing a finger into his chest, which also lessens the effect. "You and I will have a little chat when this is over so I can find out how you know about those creatures, Fortuna, but in the mean time I would ask you not panic your squad mates with ludicrous horror stories, particularly when your specialist is hugging his plasma gun so tightly to his chest that I have concerns he will break it out of sheer nerve." He hikes his thumb towards Rekt.

Hammond turns back around and begins the slow, plodding trip across the surface of the hulk, and Blokov follows behind him. Only the tech-priest is able to move almost freely thanks to not having to rip his feet up from the surface of the ship every step he takes. The walk is arduous, slow-going, and incredibly tiring, and a fair portion of the trip is kept in silence. A few times, Hammond attempts to hail the eldar on a comm-channel he hasn't shared with the rest of the squad, only to curse at the inevitable silence. On the third attempt, he stops, looking around to get his bearings. "Something's not right. The Farseer should be monitoring this channel. One of the Aspect warriors should be out here to check on us, find out who's banging around on their hide out. "

Dino reaches and grips the handle on a hatch, tugging at it with a grunt. "And this shouldn't be locked!" The Inquisitor takes a step back from the hatch, growling. "This is all wr-" The Inquisitor is cut off as a thin, purple beam of energy lances through the void, sizzling as it pierces through the shoulder of his armor. A fine spray of blood freezes almost instantly into delicate crystals, and Hammond screams out in pain as he tries to fall down, but is kept at an awkward angle due to his boots still holding on to the side of the ship. The hole in his armor smokes, and the visible flesh begins to freeze in what is obviously a painful manner.

"Sniper! Get to cover, Cadians! I will tend to the inquisitor!" Blokov throws his body on top of the inquisitor's, disengaging both sets of magboots in doing so. He twists to the side and pushes away from the ship in such a way to drag him and the inquisitor behind some metallic structure on the side of the ship, bumping into one of its corners before engaging his boots against it. He goes to work trying to tend to the inquisitor's wound while the squad is left to fend with their assailant, as of yet unseen against the pitch black of the void.

Roll me some initiative. You know the attack came from somewhere ahead of you, but could not pin down the distance or where the attack originated. You may test Scholatic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) to narrow down who your assailant may be, or a forbidden lore if you have it and think it fits can be tested.

You are at -20 on perception to notice your attacker outright, but may spend part of your turn watching for the next shot; if you do, you may immediately take a +0 perception test to notice where it came from and relay it to your team. If you have some sort of goggles or sensor that can detect heat or movement, that will apply here and will reduce the bonus to +0/+20, respectively.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 5, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Luthor Fortuna

"Er, sorry? About knowing that. Wait, why did I know that?"

Fortuna pauses for a moment. He distinctly remembered fighting the things in Hive Perinia, when his squad was recruited by an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor. He also distinctly remembered being halfway across the Segmentum fighting the Archenemy during the exact same period of time. He winces at a sharp pain in his head as the two memories fight for dominance.

"Ow, ow, dammit! I think I have a nosebleed now. This time travel thing is going to melt my brain at this r-

The Inquisitor stumbles back (or tries to, at least) from a shot, bleeding. poo poo. Luthor drops to a crouch and strains his eyes for movement against the black, hellgun raised.

"Anyone see where that came from?"

Initiative: 12

e: Since Rekt will point out the sniper before my turn, my comrade will Ranged Volley and Hail of Fire, and I'll Aim and Semi-Auto Burst my Hellgun at the sniper, TN 69 (54 +10 Aim +5 Comrade). Fluid Action gives me +1 DoS on a success for the purposes of determining how many shots hit the target. The target has to make a +0 Pinning Test because of Hail of Fire.

pre:
Wounds: 13/13      AP: 6 All
Fate: 1/1          TB: 3

WS:   29
BS:   54
S:    30
T:    37
Ag:   47
Int:  43
Per:  26
WP:   34
Fel:  29

Skills: Awareness, Athletics, Dodge +10, Stealth +20, Tech-Use +10

Talents: Bombardier, Lasgun Barrage, Hatred (Servants of Chaos), Lightning Reflexes,
Modify Payload, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, 
Weapon Training (Las, Launcher, Plasma)

Comrade Orders: 

Hail of Fire: Half-action to force Pinning for all of my targets.
Steady Hand

Weapons          Rng   RoF       Dam       Pen       Clip       Rld        Qualities

Hot-Shot Lasgun  60m   S/3/-     1d10+4E   7         80/80      1 Full     Fluid Action, Backpack Generator
Grenade Launcher 60m   S/-/-     *         *          6/6       1 Full     *(Frag Grenades)
Plasma Pistol    30m   S/2/-     1d10+6E   6         10/10      1.5 Full   Maximal, Overheat
Frag Grenades    09m   S/-/-     2d10X     0         3 of 9     ---        Blast (3)
Krak Grenades    09m   S/-/-     2d10+4X   0         3          ---        Concussive (0)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 5, 2016

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Árguros

"I understood that both of you were merely joking, but if you wanted to know the ship's old name, why dont you just ask it?" Arguros voxes in. His eyes glow and send out a series of bright strobe flashes, followed by him 'whistling' a duplicate message in audio form. Somewhere outside the party's line of sight a console or perhaps a servitor replies back.

"Correction, Her. She was called "Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath" and she used to be a *static*-class heavy *static*". Arguros cocks his head. "Scrapcode is rampant on the ship systems, sadly."

He keeps quietly whistling techpriest prayers while they travel, soothing the ship and explaining that Adeptus Mechanicus will eventually come reclaim her and make her whole again.
The techpriest's vigil is eventually cut short by Inquisitor's shouting. He quickly pulls himself into cover and begins analyzing the situation. Sadly the scrapcode he made contact with made accessing any combat records difficult.

Initiative: 1d10+3 12
FL Archeotech or Mechanicum, vs int 47: 1d100 64 Fail, I also have a Dark Sight trait thanks to my armor, but I guess that's not going to help pass this.

pre:
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel			
31	42	31	40	30	47	25	31	27	
Wounds: 11/11        Fate: 1/1

Combat related skills: Dodge
Crimson Armour + Subskin Armour + Cranial Armour : Head 7, Other 8

Name                Type   Range   Fire   Damage        Armor Pen   Ammo    Reload	Special
CQ Plasma Pistol    Pistol   30m    S/2/-   1d10+6E     6           10      3           Maximal, Overheat, Custom Grip +5 BS
GQ Hot-Shot LasG    Basic    60m    S/2/-   1d10+4E     7           40      2           -
BC Lathe-lasrifle   Basic   100m    S/2/-   1d10+6E     2                               Tearing

Omnissian Axe       Melee    -        -     1d10+4E     6          N/A      N/A         Power Field, Unbalanced
Servo arm           Melee    -        -     2d10+14I   10          N/A      N/A         Unwieldy

GQ Mind Impulse Unit                   +10 to Tech-Use, Operate, Logic, Inquiry, and Ballistic Skill Tests
Bombardier				Bonus to attack with launchers and explosives, improved scatter.
Sprint, 				May Run additional AB metres
Hatred (Chaos)				Gain +10 bonus to attack hated creatures.
Technical Knock				Unjam as half-action
Weapon Technical			Once per Encounter, Increase Pen & Dam of Melta,Plasma,Power or Exotic weapon by IntB

Unnatural Strength 1			+1 Str Bonus
Dark-Sight				Duh.
Immune to Flash				Duh^2.

Sormus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 5, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Heinzen Rekt

"Bloody techpriests and their weird language." he mutters to himself.

When the Inquisitor gets sniped keeps his eyes open trying to find where it came from. And this is why he hugged the gun so tightly dammit! What if one of these bolts hit the gun, blowing him and his comrades up?

Initiative: 1d10+4+2 15
Perception: 1d100 4

pre:
Wounds: 10/10      AP:6 All
Fate: 1/1          TB:3

WS:   23       
BS:   55       
S:    30       
T:    35      
Ag:   41     
Int:  26       
Per:  34       
WP:   39       
Fel:  28      

Skills: Dodge

Talents: Rapid Reload,,Rapid Reaction, Weapon Training (Plasma, Las, Launcher)
Bombardier, Nerves of Steel, Hatred (Servants of Chaos), Paranoia
Marksman, Plasma Weapon Expertise, Lightning Reflexes

Weapons          Rng   RoF       Dam       Pen       Clip       Rld        Qualities
Plasma Gun       90m   S/2/–    1d10+7 E    6       40/40      5 Full     Maximal, Overheat, Home Materials
(Maximal)                       2d10+7 E    8                             Recharge
Plasma Pistol    30m   S/2/–    1d10+6 E    6        10        3 Full     Maximal, Overheat

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jess immediately dives for cover as the shot strikes the Inquisitor. Her dive ends before it begins when she is suddenly stopped by her grav boots. She ducks her head and looks for cover. Of course it is a sniper. She could easily close the distance, if the squad had a location and suppressed the sniper. Jess shouts over the VOX, "Find that sniper! If they're any good they'll reposition, so fix them before they do so!"

ini 1d10+3: 1d10+3 8
SL Tactica to find da snypa TN of 26: 1d100 81

pre:
Wounds: 15/15
Armor 6 (all)
fate 2/2
Doge: 51

WS:  40 
BS:  42 
S:   35
T:   35 
Ag:  41 
Int: 26
Per: 24 
WP: 32
Fel: 35 

Talents of note:
Bombardier 
Sprint
Hatred (Servants of Chaos)
Air of Authority
Unshakable faith
Ambidextrous
Hip shooting
Two Weapon Wielder (Melee, Ranged)
Sidearm
Galvanizing Presence (Commissar advance)
Quick Draw 

Good Quality Hot Shot Laspistol  Type:Pistol Rng:20m  RoF:S/2/x Dam: 1d10+4e  Pen:7 Clp 40 RLD:2Full SPCL: Reliable
Good quality Plasma Pistol Type: pistol rng:30m RoF:s/2/- Dam: 1d10+6e Pen: 6 Clp:10 rld: 3full SPCL: Maximal
Good quality Power Sword w/ Custom Grip  Type:Melee Dam:1d10+8E  Pen:5 spcl: Balanced, Power field

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Lieutenant Luke Finnegan

"Alright you guys can it. It's not like it matters the name of the slab of metal you're walking on. Just pay attention and keep your eyes on the hor --"

His words were cut of as the shot tears through the inquisitor. He yells to take cover almost in unison with the major, stomping over to the nearby cover as quickly as the magboots would let him.

"Get some eyes on the shooter and light him up, Scalpel see what you can do for Hammond, if he croaks we're in trouble."

---
Stomping over to cover, getting my head down, and doing a get them sweeping order. If I have any other actions left after getting in cover consider me drawing my hotshot lasgun.
Initiative: 7+3 = 10
Sweeping order: Get them!: 51 vs 44 Fails
Guess who's going to buy extra command ranks when we next get exp?

pre:
Wounds: 13/13      AP:6 All
Fate: 1/1          TB:5

WS:   41       
BS:   34       
S:    33       
T:    51      
Ag:   30     
Int:  33      
Per:  27       
WP:   40       
Fel:  44      

Skills: Parry, Dodge

Talents: Weapon Training (Las, Chain, Low Tech, Power), Bombardier, Hatred (Servants of Chaos), Sprint
Iron Discipline, Air of Authority, Combat Formations, Jaded, True Grit, Swift Attack

Weapons
Good craftsmanship hot-shot lasgun             (Basic | 60m Range | S/3/x ROF | 1d10+4E | Pen 7 | Clip 30 | 2F RLD | Reliable)
Good Quality Hot Shot Laspistol                (Pistol | 20m Range |  S/2/x ROF | 1d10+4e | Pen7 | Clip 40 | RLD 2Full | Reliable)
Best Craftsmanship Power Sword w/ Custom Grip  (Melee | 1d10+6E | Pen5 | Balanced, Power field | +15 to all WS tests made with it)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 5, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Tanzut

Not able to move quickly under the weight of his weapon and the bulk of the suit, Grohman hurries as best he can to get some cover between himself and whatever's shooting. Once settled, he starts to look around. If he can get some suppressing fire on the position, then nobody else is gonna get shot on his watch.

Initiative: 1d10+2 4
Moving to the nearest cover and looking around.
Awareness -20 = 14 to spot sniper: 1d100 60

pre:
Wounds: 12/12      AP: 6 All
Fate: 3/3          TB: 4

WS:  32   BS: 49   S: 30   T: 41   Ag: 29
Int: 30   Per: 34   WP: 31   Fel:  27

Skills: Dodge  29   Scrutiny  44

Talents: Combat Sense, Hatred (Chaos), Lasgun Barrage/Volley, Las Expertise
Loader, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Sharpshooter, Target Selection, Vigilant

Hotshot Lasgun  60m  S/3/-  1d10+6 E  Pen 7  30/30  1 Full
Multilaser  150m  -/-/5  2d10+12 E  Pen 2  100/100  1 Full  Reliable

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I will note that, due to initiative order, the sniper does shoot again and Frajaq DOES spot his location; like, not even a general vicinity, but he flat up will spot the sniper, so if anyone who acts AFTER Frajaq wants to edit their posts to reflect firing on the exposed sniper's position, feel free to do so.

The sniper aimed for Luke and rolled a 94, which is a miss, if Sandwich wants to react to getting shot at.

I'll have a full update later tomorrow.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Scalpel

"Man hit, gimme some cover," Daws yells as he rushes to the Inquisitor's side, reaching for his diagnosticator. A man such as Hammond was probably OK, but Messick figured it couldn't hurt to get on the man's good side.

Initiative: 1d10+4 13

Medicae (First Aid @ 64) test if necessary/allowed by Hammond, otherwise aim and single shot at sniper with lasgun, @ 65 plus range modifiers.

Medicae or shoot: 1d100 40

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
28   45   32   32   41   54   33   32   28

Wounds: 9/9    Dodge: 51
Fate: 3/3      Armour: 6 All

Bombardier - Make Indirect ranged attacks as a Half Action. When firing an Indirect weapon or throwing a grenade, roll twice for scatter and choose one.
Field Treatment - As long as Comrade is within communication range, may perform Medicae Tests on any character next to the Comrade at –10.
Hatred (Servants of Chaos) - +10 to WS when fighting in close combat. Must make a WP Test to retreat or surrender, unless outnumbered or outclassed.
Jaded - Mundane events do not force the character to gain Insanity Points or make Fear Tests.
Las Weapon Mastery - +1 Damage for every two Degrees of Success on BS Test beyond the first when using las weapons.
Lasgun Volley - For each Comrade who is part of any Ranged Volley Order this character issues, add +1 Damage (max. +3) with any las weapon attack.
Medicae Auxilia - For Extended Care Medicae Tests, the Comrade counts as an assistant trained in Medicae. Medicae Tests suffer no penalty for additional patients.
Methodical Care - Whenever a patient would suffer Damage from a failed Test made as part of Extended Care, reduce that Damage by an amount equal to Int Bonus.
Quick Draw - Draw and ready a Pistol or Basic class ranged weapon, or a melee weapon that can be wielded in one hand as a Free Action.
Sprint - On a Full Move Action, move an extra number of metres equal to Ag Bonus. On a Run Action, double movement for one Round. Gain 1 Fatigue if used 2 Turns in a row.
Step Aside - May make an additional Evasion attempt once per Round.
Swift Suture - Whenever a First Aid test is successfully made, any Blood Loss Condition is also ended.
Weapon Training (Bolt, Las, Low-Tech)

Hot-shot lasgun  60m  S/3/–  1d10+4E  P7  80/80  2Full  Good craftsmanship
Bolt pistol      30m  S/2/–  1d10+5X  P4  8/8    Full   Tearing, Quick release
Frag grenade     9m   S/–/–  2d10X    P0  1/1           Blast (3), Ogryn-Proof, Count: 3
Krak grenade     9m   S/–/–  2d10+4X  P6  1/1           Concussive (0), Count: 3
Combat knife     5m          1d5+3R   P0

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

John Dyne posted:

I will note that, due to initiative order, the sniper does shoot again and Frajaq DOES spot his location; like, not even a general vicinity, but he flat up will spot the sniper, so if anyone who acts AFTER Frajaq wants to edit their posts to reflect firing on the exposed sniper's position, feel free to do so.

The sniper aimed for Luke and rolled a 94, which is a miss, if Sandwich wants to react to getting shot at.

I'll have a full update later tomorrow.

I mean, it would be my strong desire to not act once then die again this combat, so my action still stands as is.

• Locked thread