Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
The last thread is, sadly, dead. The premise is too good to let go.
Obligatory repost of mine (because it still makes me giggle):

And a fresh new (sloppy) edit for a new thread:

Keep it going, you fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eh, might as well toss this here.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Can't believe I made this nearly two years ago.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 25, 2015

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

WickedHate posted:

Can't believe I made this nearly two years ago.

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!

That Ignorant Sap posted:

The last thread is, sadly, dead. The premise is too good to let go.
Obligatory repost of mine (because it still makes me giggle):

And a fresh new (sloppy) edit for a new thread:

Keep it going, you fuckers.

What is going on in that panel with the kid?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

That's Franklin, Reed's son. In the original he's telling him a bedtime story, in the edit he's telling him the beginning to a dirty limerick.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

team overhead smash posted:

That's Franklin, Reed's son. In the original he's telling him a bedtime story, in the edit he's telling him the beginning to a dirty limerick.

There was an old man from Nantucket
Who got his head stuck in a bucket
Inside was no room
For the head of Doom
So he loudly exclaimed "Riiiiiiiiichards!"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Found original in Touching Panels thread

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Hey Gavok, you can have this shirt made now

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

"No, Barry. It wasn't your fault. You didn't do this. It was someone else. A god who's even more inept at time travel."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok, this is RUIN the moment, not make it roughly a million times better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Gavok, this is RUIN the moment, not make it roughly a million times better.

Someone forgot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_vs._DC_Universe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Was there a comic tie-in? I didn't play the game since I don't really care for MK games, in general, but I've always enjoyed how stupid the lore is.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Was there a comic tie-in? I didn't play the game since I don't really care for MK games, in general, but I've always enjoyed how stupid the lore is.

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=152470

edit:

Read it all here!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 26, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Endless Mike posted:

This is also how I feel about DC comics in general. I'm not emotionally invested with them, so I can watch ridiculous stuff happen and enjoy it. But you gently caress with Marvel characters, and I care too much. :(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's also Scorpion showing up in Injustice, where in his ending he takes down Trigon and steals his army.

Endless Mike posted:

The game's story is pretty fun. It's the same kind of cinematic storytelling as the latter MK games and Injustice, only there are two separate versions: one that tells the story from the MK perspective and one that tells it from the DC side.

The plot is that in one world, Shao Kahn fails an invasion and as he tries to escape through a portal, Raiden zaps him. At the same time in another universe, Darkseid fails an invasion and as he tries to escape through a boomtube, Superman lasers him. That causes some multiveral craziness and Dark Kahn is formed. He's bent on merging both realities together, then destroying them, which he does to Outworld and Apokalips.

People start to vanish, some people start ending up on the wrong world, parts of the two worlds start to share the same space (ie. Themyscira and Shang Tsung's island), energies start to flux (Sub-Zero is capable of beating Superman and Joker's suddenly super strong) and people are randomly infected by an overwhelming need to inflict violence that comes and goes. In each reality, the heroes and villains gradually get together and decide that they're being invaded by a bunch of weirdoes. The two parties meet up in what's left of Outworld/Apokalips and have a big brawl.

Superman ends up lashing out at Batman while Raiden does the same to Liu Kang. They collect themselves, both fly to Dark Kahn's stronghold, fight each other, realize they're on the same side, then kill Dark Kahn. Afterwards, the two worlds return to normal, only Kahn and Darkseid end up in the wrong universes while powered down. Darkseid's chained up in the Netherrealm while Kahn's thrown into the Phantom Zone.

Then all the arcade mode endings are epilogues that mostly mix the lore. Deathstroke starts his own clan of assassins, Catwoman learns how to do Animalities, Sub-Zero becomes a caped vigilante working in the shadows, Liu Kang is able to wield the abilities of the MK gods by shouting "MORTAL KOMBAT!" and so on.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Gavok posted:

Then all the arcade mode endings are epilogues that mostly mix the lore. Deathstroke starts his own clan of assassins, Catwoman learns how to do Animalities, Sub-Zero becomes a caped vigilante working in the shadows, Liu Kang is able to wield the abilities of the MK gods by shouting "MORTAL KOMBAT!" and so on.

Wait, so Liu Kang became an arcade machine-dropping Captain Marvel? That's genuinely wonderful. Did it show what abilities he got from the gods? I mean, that's 12 gods there, so he must have had powers out the rear end.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
That panel is just ripe for editing, a thing that I am not very good at. But I'll still spoil an upcoming crossover:

(Watchmen #2)

Threep fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 27, 2016

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm tempted to edit in the word balloon from the last page of Millar's Wanted.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Outhouse is getting in on cap-related moment ruination.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ManiacClown posted:

Wait, so Liu Kang became an arcade machine-dropping Captain Marvel? That's genuinely wonderful. Did it show what abilities he got from the gods? I mean, that's 12 gods there, so he must have had powers out the rear end.

MK only has four named god characters and one of them is off the table for basically being the series' Satan. So the ending only namedrops Raiden, Fujin and Argus (who isn't even an Earthrealm god, but whatever). While that already nets him the powers of electricity and wind, Raiden's sort of the antithesis of "Wisdom of Solomon."

Anyway, back on topic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's so beautiful....

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Gavok posted:

MK only has four named god characters and one of them is off the table for basically being the series' Satan. So the ending only namedrops Raiden, Fujin and Argus (who isn't even an Earthrealm god, but whatever). While that already nets him the powers of electricity and wind, Raiden's sort of the antithesis of "Wisdom of Solomon."

Anyway, back on topic.

Trust Iron Man to be anti-Skub, the complete fucker.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gavok posted:

While that already nets him the powers of electricity and wind, Raiden's sort of the antithesis of "Wisdom of Solomon."

Ain't that the truth! Raiden is basically the god of bad decisions

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

(Not mine)

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

:perfect:

If this was the ACTUAL ending to Rebirth I would have calmly closed the comic and proceeded to poo poo my pants in celebration of being alive at the climax of human history.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here's a piece of topical humor that won't age poorly at all!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Is that a giant spoon/shovel?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Have another Cap parody:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

The coloring really screws with the perspective on the shovel too, and then I can't help but notice that Lex appears to have snapped an ankle in the way he's turned on his heel.... either that or he's wearing his boot backwards.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

smashpro1 posted:

Have another Cap parody:

Well, obviously Deadpool is the Pyro in this situation.

"Do you believe in magic...?"

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Jerusalem posted:

The coloring really screws with the perspective on the shovel too, and then I can't help but notice that Lex appears to have snapped an ankle in the way he's turned on his heel.... either that or he's wearing his boot backwards.

No, that's just Lex Luthor as played by Torgo.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

ManiacClown posted:

Yes, it's a spoon.
It's his biggest combat spoon.
So he can eat Lex's tasty brain.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is that from Salvation Run?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It's from Action Comics post-Blackest Night. It focuses completely on Lex Luthor as he takes on pretty much every major DC villain.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gavok posted:

It's from Action Comics post-Blackest Night. It focuses completely on Lex Luthor as he takes on pretty much every major DC villain.

Him and his Lois Lane sex bot

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Him and his Lois Land sex bot

Greg Land's tracing got so bad he starting using himself as the base for Lois Lane? :ohdear:

• Locked thread