Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

<Sounds good to me. I end up seeing the package you're after, Jay, I sing out. But it's your package - I got to look after Steve here.> Becky does, at least, go out of her way to avoid the team getting hurt. <The way I figure it, we're gonna get made about the time we start the job - we got a lot of bodies to drop here. We're going to have to come out hot. Sing out if you get hit. If you can't, I will come looking. I don't leave people behind - if I have to hump your corpse out of there, I will loving do it, and I will kill every motherfucker between me and exfil. So - try not to be a horrible bitch and make me have to do that.>

She gestures down at the base, watching it. <Now, if it were me, I'd set up killboxes...well, let's see...>

Tactics to try and predict enemy patrols and ambushes so that we can turn them. My Tactics is only 10, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

<<We'd be better off finding the control center and heading there directly. I have an address for the data I've got to switch, but no solid location. Any terminal we can find would help us out, and I figure disabling the AAA network is going to be more time-consuming than anything else anyhow.>> Steve looks over the facility, paying special attention to the flow of electrons, and focusing his eyes and his mind as best he can. <<Let me get a good look to try and figure out what's up with this place. Even if I don't know from tactics, I drat well know from wiring...>>


<<Wait... Robert?>>

Using Electric Vision and Deep Scan, both at 15, to look over how this places power is being distributed, and try and get a read on the place.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

<...poo poo.> Becky shakes her head. <Some motherfucker's earning his keep here. There's no blind spots. Anywhere I look, there's a killzone we can't avoid. We're gonna have to get in before we go hot - those towers have overlapping coverage. I couldn't design a patrol this well.>

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
Current Sheet
<<I can get you all 50 yards from the main compound before things get super dicey. After that its all living in the moment and taking advantage of openings to advance without being seen. The way they got patrols, watchtowers with sentries, all that, there's no weakpoint and I don't like that. Sit tight and let me see if I can find another way in. There's more than one way to do this thing ok.>> Jaylene says as she heads off.

Jaylene is going to spend the next 15-20 minutes being sneaky and living up to her job title, finding paths into the base to make the teams infiltration and hopefully exfiltration easier. If we have an hour to sit tight comfortably without being detected, Jaylene is going to probably want to spend 1 hour on this, possibly 2 but no more assuming we even have that much time. Roll Tactics, Observation, Stealth, Camouflage, the whole shebang whatever you need.

also per fax
15:43:40 <~fax> when it comes down to it you'll need to make stealth and camoflague checks to get through - due to high alert, the team is at a penalty to do so, but using tactics may offset or nullify the penalty based on the margin of success
15:44:45 <~fax> security's too tight - there's no "golden opportunity" or "weakest link" to exploit for the patrols based on your planning
15:44:49 <~fax> standard modifier will apply
15:44:52 <+Viva_Miriya> Of course
15:45:00 <~fax> as in, i just made the roll, and that's your result

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

<<Mm… use that service corridor.>> First, Amaya indicates the destination in their TACNAV using her sleeve display. She then lists openings and timings to bypass enemy patrols. Her final move is marking areas where their security coverage is weakest. The different variables combine into a path leading into the service corridor. <<That's what I got! It's all pretty strict but you can do it, right? Um, try to find out what they're so mad about, okay, Lena? Like, I wonder if it's that prisoner or something.>>

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

<<The thing with the lab, the high alert, sending us in now…>> She shakes her head. Something else is going on here, but as mercenaries, they don’t really get to ask questions, <<Forty-five meters, s’good. We can push on from there. Play it cool until the alarms go, then it’s smash and grab.>>

Mary has really lovely tactics 'cause her brain not as big as everyone else's, rip so that's all I got.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1023 - TIGER COMPOUND, EXT. "A" SITE

Steve's good at seeing the pulses of electricity in everything. FALCON aptitude tests are different for everybody, but based on their assessment of his powers he learned the circuitry and pulses of a lot of things. Human beings. Tactical hardsuits. All manner of circuitry and computers. It's trivial for him to take a look at the electricals of anything in close range - farther, though, and it becomes far too muddled. Even psionics have their limits. From his vantage point, he's able to get the shape and flow of power. The batteries aren't here in the hydroelectric/purification converters - it looks like power is distributed to a series of transformers up near the base, whereupon it goes underground beyond his vision, presumably to the power control center where it is distributed elsewhere. Getting close to the base will likely provide much more information.

1035 - TIGER COMPOUND, EXT. "B" SITE

Jaylene stalks off following the cliff face to get a better vantage point. Aside from the drainage basin at the mouth of the cave where they first got visual confirmation of the area, there appears to be a roadway that passes through a scenic drive of fences and razorwire, cheap and plentiful as always in the Psionic Age. It's clear based on the rust on the fences they're not in great shape - nothing survives contact with jungles for very long - and they could be readily breached with the right tools. The way is paved and goes to somewhere west by northwest, deeper into the Balinese jungle. There isn't really anything special to say but the road empties out at a staging area where the patrols frequently pass. Other roads sprout off haphazardly to run the permiter and to other serviceways deeper in the cave structure. There are cameras, of course. Cameras are also cheap in the Psionic Age.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Rough map as of 1035 Balinese time:

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

Amaya looks at her squad with arms akimbo. <<Lena's our scout! We sneak after her once she gives A-OKs. So, like, two things: wanna take their HQ and gather all kinds of intel—keep an eye out for officers! We can do everything if we know where to go.>> A pause. <<I guess three or four things? Mm, well, I have two ideas. We can either chance the tunnels or try grabbing some wayward tigers' tails. The latter lets us get them for being on high alert, you know… they won't be thinking about us!>> She giggles. <<If we're about to get spotted, I'll get them looking towards me! The three of you will travel loosely around me for that reason.>> Another pause. <<Eh, tunnels are a bit safer. But I really want know what's going on! Don't you guys?>>

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

<Don't really care what's going on unless it's gonna bite us in the rear end. Someone got these assholes riled up, and odds are we're gonna have to deal with them at some point here. That's what matters.> Becky is checking and re-checking her guns, in the absence of anything better to do until it's time for action.

<Good news is, target-rich environment.>

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
<<Let's take the tunnels. I don't like the other approach. Too exposed. I see some cameras but not all along the roadway. I rather deal with the patrols. We can ghost the people.>>

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

Looking out over the compound, she gets that far away look in her eye like she's somewhere else, standing still with crossed arms like a statue. Finally, she tilts her head down, <<Your call. I'll back you either way. We go soon though.>> Back to watching the base quietly.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
<We've watched their patrol routes, we got a feel for their movements and we know where we can get caught up. And we know where we are going. Lets do this.>>

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

She stands on her tiptoes, squinting back up at Mariana, <<Underground we go!>> Amaya then glances around before she returns her heels to the ground. <<Hmm, marching order from back to front will be: me, Mary, Steve, Becky then Lena. Guessing we'll go single file if it gets too tight. Let's go!>>

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

<<Right, I'm bringing up the rear with you, I guess.>> Steve checks and rechecks his gear. <<Hey, you know some first aid, right Nanako-san? If you're going to be looking for the prisoner I can give you my first aid kit.>>

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

<Did you really just say that? That is really a thing you loving said. Jesus gently caress, why did I ever drag you out of that goddamned building.>

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

<<I just wanted to be polite...>>

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1045 - TIGER COMPOUND, PUMP STACKS

Jaylene syncs back up with the team and they all clamber down the side of the cliff. The actual pipes themselves, on closer inspection, appear to have service hatches - useful if something gets caught in them and the pipe needs servicing. No cameras are around and no significant electronics are in Steve's field of view, so it's trivial to open up the hatch.

Like out of a C-grade sensie flick, these pipes are sturdy and meant to hold a lot of water running through them. Though the storm is bad right now, Bali has seen only an uptick in rainfall over the last twenty years, so storm drainage and processing is no joke. That's the good news - everybody can drop in and fit no problem in any order they like. The bad news is that there's hundreds of gallons a second rushing through the turbines and towards the compound. Under normal maintenance standards, it would be dry in here for service or the water would have been rerouted to new pipes. Unfortunately for the FALCON team, their plan will now have to include staying upright or risk taking a one way waterslide into who knows what several hundred feet into enemy territory.

Brown, muddy water and white foam blare out a cacophony similar to leaving a white noise machine on max volume through a stage ampiflier at a death metal concert. Not even the sound dampeners can muffle it to anything other than shouting, even with subvocalizing everything like the team has been doing for the last few hours. It'll have to be gestures or screaming inside the tubes.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

She sniffs a little and looks back to the others. Experimentally, she twists a flare and drops it into the rapids. “Huh,” is all the response she has when it’s quickly taken out of sight down the pipe. Reaching to the small satchel on her hip, she pulls out the fiber climbing rope and hooks the end to her belt, then tosses the length to Steve, “Anyone not sure if they can make it, tie on to me.”

Staring down at the water, she takes a deep breath. Part of it’s training, discipline. A little bit’s psychokinesis. You center yourself. Heavy, like, a rock. Feel the surface beneath you, grab it. With your mind. Without a word of warning, Mariana drops down into the pipe’s flow, her boots landing with an outsized smash, and the groaning of the pipe’s metal, as if they’re somehow stressed by Nicaraguan guerilla’s weight. More focus, and again, she braces herself. Finally, satisfied, standing in the middle of the water as if there wasn’t thousands of gallons trying to sweep her down the tube, she gestures to the others.

Immovable Stance. Even if I fail, I still get a DX roll to just get pushed back a little and not knocked down.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

Amaya wordlessly follows Mariana's instructions. She gestures confirmation after anchoring herself to the other mercenary.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1046 - TIGER COMPOUND, PUMP STACKS

Mariana draws on her inner powers most familiar and lands with a wet thud. Her energy flows outwards from her heels and roots into the metal beneath her. The water surrounding her rushes up - she can see that here it is about shin deep. There's no lights in the tunnel save for what the burning angry daystar can provide through a heartbroken cloud cover, weeping rain and wailing thunder such as it is. The training provides Mariana sure foot and Steve is left holding the end of the proverbial rope, which is comfortable slack but rumbling due to the powerful current.

Mariana makes a success on her Immovable Stance roll and gains 1 CP.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

Standing firm in the river, water passing around her, immovable, like stone, she motions up to the others to come along with a stiff wave of her arm. Looking up to Nanako, she holds out her arms to catch the wee merc on her way down.

follow me, children, mariana will carry u. pocketing my CP, ty, boss

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

Steve hurriedly ties the rope to himself, terrified of becoming lost in the current. He hoists some of his gear higher, trying avoid water damage to the tools he'd need for the mission. <<I'm not seeing any surveillance down here, so we should be safe for a while.>> Looking around once more, he almost loses his footing in the rough waters, <<Alright, for a certain value of safe. Not actually safe. We should get out of here.>>

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

She gingerly lowers herself into the arms of her teammate. Amaya looks in askance at the rushing waters as she hesitantly tests its depths with her foot.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
Jaylene steps slowing in the water as she moves super slowly, thankful she invested in these brand new assault boots. Hopefully they do her some good. If not, hopefully being tied to Maya will keep her from falling and being swept away.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

At least it's not sewage. Becky makes sure her guns are safely in hand - it's never really been clear how she manages to do all the stuff she does while holding them, but it always seems to work out - and carefully heads in. This is gross and wet, sure, but she's used to that.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1050 - TIGER COMPOUND, MAIN INTAKE PIPELINE (BGM)

One by one, the mercs load into the tube, tethered to Mary's focused body, trudging along one step at a time. Flashlights in the tunnels, shafts of fire illuminating the area. It becomes apparent that the water itself is clean, but nonlethal sediment is being pushed through the pumps likely due to a remote signal to allow the drainage to head into whatever is up ahead.

It's a good fifteen minutes of slow movement - each step requires Mariana to refocus her chi in her legs and feet, and while it's not particularly mentally taxing, it is something that she's definitely not a master of, merely a disciple. Her actual master, wherever they were, would likely scoff and run full speed against the current unimpeded without breaking a sweat, likely cackling in the classic traditional old master laugh. It echoes in the back of her head, a halcyon memory from before she became a tough efficient killing machine. Before being interred at the Hotel.

1105 - TIGER COMPOUND, CISTERN



The pipes open up to a large cistern, and it's clear that it goes vertically both ways for a couple of stories. The drainage pipe that the squad's standing in comes out of the middle of a wall, a focused waterfall forcing all that water into the flood control pool below. Maybe they hired an engineer from Tokyo to design the area - large concrete pillars rise up into the darkness and the water spills into a deep pool. Steve can see that power sources are being directed upwards and ahead of them - likely the compound is directly overhead, at this point. Access ladders race up some of the pillars into mystery. All of this is open to contemplation and for the time being everything seems safe to assess the surroundings.

Suddenly, the rope becomes taut as Mariana moves forward into the water and is immediately swept off her feet by everybody to ground in the middle of the rushing current. Her flashlight dangles, crazed, in all directions as she realizes she's one snapped rope away from eating the concrete a floor below compounded with water.

Correction - Mariana critically fumbled her Immovable Stance roll and was denied a DX check as a result. Everybody else makes a balance check and isn't washed away, but Mariana is now suspended in midair and in front.

aldantefax fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2015 around 01:02

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

"Becky and Lena!" the operator shouts before pointing at Mariana's lifeline. She twirls towards Kaminski to bark additional orders, "Help them or jury-rig something!"

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

She grunts as her feet are taken out from under her. Desperately, she tries to grab at the rope and halt her fall but is only greeted with the sudden yoink when she pulls taut on the link the others hold. Experimentally, she attempts to pull herself back up, then gives up on that notion. Her weight is pulling on the rest of the team. Cursing, she takes a look down at the ground below. Eso fue muy descuidado, Mariana. Biting her lip, she tries to gauge the fall distance. ¿Vas a tirar de ellos con usted? No. Saving the others the deliberation, she calls above, "S'fine! Find my own way up." Flipping out her knife, she takes a deep breath and saws at the rope until it snaps, bracing for the fall.

Mariana has 15HP, DR1 vs. Crushing (i.e. falling damage), +3 DR if she passes a Psychokinetic Shield - 11 roll. Innate DR + Armor should mean she basically takes like no damage from this. And if she does, Regeneration (Fast).

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene

Jaylene does her best to pull Mary up, hopefully before she cuts her own rope.

Gesturing at 12 to hopefully get across DONT CUT YOUR OWN ROPE and PULL!!!!!

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2015 around 03:43

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

Amaya's eyes widen as their comrade moves to sever the rope! Meanwhile, she searches for a safe (dry) place to lead her squad. Amaya struggles against the rushing water as she utilizes her visor!

Perception-18 (included +3 Hyperspectral vision)

Razeam fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2015 around 03:59

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1106 - TIGER COMPOUND, UPPER CISTERN

While the rest scramble to try to find a place to anchor down and/or hoist their compadre back up, it's all they can manage to avoid sharing the same fate and sending each other rear end end up tumbling into oblivion. The line snaps as Mary saws the rope and down she goes down into the water below. What becomes of her is the least of the rest of the team's worries - a rumble from the way they came suggests that a surge is coming with exceedingly poor timing. Nanako notices that there's a ladder nearby - they can all grab on if they're quick about it, otherwise risk sharing the same crushing pain that Mariana is likely feeling.

You all have three seconds, which is three combat rounds worth to do things before Something Bad happens. Fill in what you're doing during this time in your next post and the team will get an update.

1106 - TIGER COMPOUND, LOWER CISTERN

Mariana's call was one predicated by experience. Immovable stance was not her strong point. However, taking punishment was. She slams into the water and finds it to be more shallow than the light let on, but in the space of a heartbeat she tenses and relaxes, much like a soft sponge, absorbing and deflecting the fall by twisting her body on reflex. It'll leave a bruise, if that, but the technique still registers as a heavy impact to her mind. No problem. The same ladder that Steve noticed is sadly nonpresent here - she'll have to make good on her word and find another way back up.

It becomes immediately apparent, though, that Mary has no time to worry about the others. A figure with a full-face helmet with two glowing dots is standing at close range to her with a baton at the ready. On the exterior of the helmet is the bony rictus of a set of weathered teeth. How long they were there for isn't clear - were they waiting?



It's the OWL.

Mariana takes 1 damage and succeeds on her DR technique roll.

aldantefax fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2015 around 04:39

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

"Up we go!" she yells and then ushers everyone in the drainage pipe to the ladder. Amaya shakes her balled fists, continuing to yell: "I guess Steve first! Then Lena and Becky or something! Then me!" When it's the petite mercenary's turn, she immediately begins her ascent!

Just trying to keep everyone from getting washed out the pipe!

Razeam fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2015 around 05:00

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
<<gently caress. Mary! Sit tight gonna find a way to you.>> Jaylene says as she looks down and tries to find a safe way down. With no better idea, she draws her knife and cuts her rope before dropping down. It loving sucks to say the least. She dusts herself off and upon seeing the skull faced OWL before her, she moves her hand to her hip holster (TN 16 to fast draw), pulls out the Shotgun Pistol in a flash and opens fire immediately. Can't let him get off a comm.

That is roughly 3 seconds I think.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2015 around 05:08

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

At first, Becky is calm - they'll pull Mary up, everything will be fine. She braced when the fall happened - an instant before, in fact. It's hard to surprise her that way. And then the line goes slack.

And then things get stupid. That loving idiot bitch must have cut her line - okay, let's go. Becky doesn't bother with handsigns - she just slams the release knot on the tether and heads for a clear spot the moment Amaya mentions it. Her climb down is less a climb and more a series of acrobatic techniques involving ledge grabs.

TURN ONE: GET FREE
TURN TWO: DOWN WE GO. (Acrobatics: 16. I will spend my Luck to make it work if I have to, but I don't think I will.)

Once she's low enough to be able to just jump off, Becky does, guns ready as she lands in a crouch and activates her HUD.

TURN THREE: Flip to the best vision for the light level, scan the area for threats.

At least she has her guns ready.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2015 around 04:49

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

The darkened bruise starts to fade as quickly as it blooms. The injury is nothing. The instinct is to rise to her feet, and she almost does, until she locks eyes with the agent of OWL. Mariana tosses her knife away and cracks a smile. She chuckles. This one was waiting for them here. ESP, or precognition? The mask is good – she likes it. This one’s a fighter. Finally.Halcón sends their regards.”

Mary’s leg snaps out with a splash, her whole body twisting to drive her into the side of the OWL’s foot, an attempt to bring the psionicist down to her level.

Rather than try and get up, going to try and take out the OWL’s leg.
I get +1 for an opening ‘cheap shot’ thanks to Dirty Fighting.
Furious Fists (combines All Out Attack Strong + Mighty Blows): -1 FP, +2 damage or +1 per die, but gets to keep my Defense.
-4 for Leg, -2 for Being On The Ground, Kickin’.
Karate 15 – 2 -4 + 1 +1 = Karate – 11
2d Damage Thrustin’.
I will use Luck if I miss. If I don’t need it, I’ll use Luck to try and make the damage better.
14/15 HP

GURPS 370 for hit location damage rules.
remember, it takes five million points to do all this, and all you have to do is buy quick draw, guns - pistol, and some exploding ammo to instantly blow up some guy. gently caress u guys

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

Steve scrambles to help pull Mariana up, and then to untie himself once she's fallen. <<Jeez, what the hell Mary?>> He half yells half subvocalizes as he fumbles toward the ladder and tries to hurry down. The sound of rushing water causes him to nearly fall over in a panic.

Spending all my actions to get untied and go down as far as possible.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Clarifications
  • Mary is in the lower cistern with the OWL.
  • There is no actual way down aside from dropping down - the ladder is missing below. The ladder only goes up.
Next update in 4 to 5 hours from this post.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

110631 - TIGER COMPOUND, UPPER CISTERN

The flurry of movement from the squad above is quick. Everybody cuts themselves free following Mariana's lead. Rebecca leaps off and rolls with the fall, while Nanako latches onto the ladder. Steve and Jaylene unceremoniously detach and slam onto the ground with all the practiced grace of someone slamming into pavement unexpectedly without any of the refined toughness of their more durable counterpart that led the fall, so to speak. It's around this time things start getting hectic.

110633 - TIGER COMPOUND, LOWER CISTERN

Mary reflexively scissor kicks to hook behind the OWL to sweep and crush the ankle of her erstwhile opponent as she hears the report of a shotgun pistol from somewhere nearby. Jaylene? Someone else? She has enough time to notice an oddity - why would an OWL be wearing Tiger Army regulation boots? - but the feedback is good and the opposition crumples as Mariana crushes the OWL's left foot with her own bootheel. The OWL pitches forward, eating a fine cloud of shot as he (she?) hits the water face first next to the former revolutionary. Out of the drainage pipe above where everybody just cleared out of a massive gush of water explodes out the pipe, likely due to increased rainfall or a failure in the pump processing. Elsewhere other drainage pipes have increased their flow as well, though perhaps not quite so dramatically. The waterline begins rising.

Red clouds start to blossom out from the OWL's body. Soon, the water flow starts to ease off - normal communications seem like it's fine to use once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
Jaylene holsters her shotgun pistol as she pulls the OWL's corpse out of the water and begins systematically stripping the corpse of all equipment. She's looking for comm gear in particular as she subvocizes on the squad net for Steve to <<Get your rear end down here and do your hacker poo poo.>> She sets aside any weapons or ammo she finds next to the body and starts looking for a way towards the rest of the base. She does pose one question though. <How did that gently caress know we were coming? Assume he got off a message and told them he was following his gut on a thing or his precog sense was tingling. There's not much they can do to lock it down more than they have but still. At least they don't have a confirmed report of us. I hope.>>

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Nov 1, 2015 around 13:26

  • Locked thread