Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

She nods in agreement with Slide, “Figure out those emergency access points. Problem with holding a place with one way in is that we gotta leave at some point too. We put some Plastex B down on the ground floor, we oughta be done by the time they try’n breach. Few random explosives, always stops police n'military dead.” Going over the diagram, “Curious about the lab, but not curious enough to go off mission for it.”

Mary's on board with Jay's plan - if they get caught out, just blow something up and let the threat of blowing up more stuff be implicit, is her suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

She eyes her copy of the map. <<If we can find someone important, I could convince them to help us with whatever… hmm, anyway! I think we should make sure they can't reach their armory, sick bays, etcetera. We can use their comms blackout for the third floor to our advantage. I mean, like, they might have enough stuff in their armory for us to find another way into command ops, right?>>

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

<Well, if you've got the skills and we find the armory, I think the word you want is 'make'. Boom, baby, boom.>

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1135 - TIGER COMPOUND - MAINTENANCE AREA D-1

For all of the subterfuge thus far, people's minds turning to dropping the entire facade is tempered, somewhat, by experience and pragmatism. It's one thing to go solo against a handful of soldiers with guns, but to go against a base when it's not in mission parameters is enough to give one pause. For one thing, there can be any number of contingencies, one of which appears to have been encountered already, laid out in the time it took for the OWL to get situated in the base proper. Another thing would be to consider methods of egress - if someone were inside of the base, soldiers are ultimately disposable assets. Chain of command would see to it that essential personnel are sent away quickly, and it would likely force a lockdown at the same chokepoint that Jaylene was attempting to map to.

Still, it's worth a shot. Nobody said going loud wasn't an option (Peregrine's original admonisments aside). It is equally as likely to work murdering military and civilians in scores with no real regard for life. That's the rub for going all-in; it becomes very hard to actually get out.

The emergency access points on the ground floor are one-way doors from the internal command ops. Once you're out, you're out. Steve is able to find procedural notes regarding this - the doors are airgapped and will cycle between the inside and outside doors. During the process, whatever is inside of the escape hatches will be stuck, but safe from anything short of a Frame ripping the whole thing apart.

Based on the maps there is no apparent outside intrusion points with the resources that the team has right now. If they had plenty of explosives and time they could maybe blow a hole through the external layer of the compound, but given the tactical importance of a centralized station for air control it is likely that the relatively soft concrete outer shell is reinforced by plating to foil something short of a bomb landing directly on top of the installation. It may be possible to use shaped charges to breach through the roof where the primary communications array is housed - the map shows that it is fenced off with a single service hatch to get inside. That might be the golden ticket, but scaling up there without being noticed will be a challenge.

Jaylene briefly considers just collapsing the entire building. An entertaining thought, though not a practical one. The structural supports for the building are such that they'd have to get a lot of charges and perhaps a demolitions expert to make the building collapse - theoretically possible with a few hours down in the cistern blowing the support columns, maybe a day's worth of planning and another day to implement.

Steve cross-references his mission parameters with the map. Based on his analysis, the actual data swap could take place either on the operations floor or the server racks on the fourth floor. The servers are a much more viable bet - there is no telling if the terminals on the operations floor are directly connected to the servers or if they have to go through some other technical mumbo jumbo to accomplish (load distribution network, internal firewall, counterintrustion subroutines etc).

Getting to the elevator shaft should be fairly straightforward, but it would certainly require speed over power. The shortest distance from where they are to the central of the base where the elevator shaft is would take about three minutes in a straight shot, if there were no obstructions or locked doors barring their way. It is likely they would need to get a keycard from somewhere to access the shaft, or they could turn Steve loose on it to see if he can hack the elevator system open and make it do his bidding. Options are available for that.

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

<<Alright, I think our team should head to floor 4. As quietly as possible, I should add. We still don't know what's up with the OWL and his prisoner, and I'd like some time to take out the AAA and swap data. Going loud should be our last resort.>> Steve begins adding data to the Tacnav, going over his plan at the same time, <<Server room is where I should go to pull off the data switch, and I'll have a much easier time disabling the AAA if I take out the power. I'm not a hacker, as much as I'm an engineer, and tinkering with power systems is my specialty. Hell, if we manage to avoid detection when we get there, I might manage to rig something up to distract the Tiger Army, or shut everything down on a delay.>>

<<Our first obstacle, for that plan or any other, seems to be the elevators, but I'm confidant that if we can sneak our way there, I can do something about the keycard lock. If that doesn't work, I'm sure Nanako-san could do a brain-whammy on somebody with a keycard.>> Steve takes out his needler, and pushes it toward Rebecca. <<You should take this, Beck. I know you're a fan of taking folks down rather than putting them to sleep, but tranqs are a hell of a lot quieter than bullets. You're better with a pistol than either of us, too.>>

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2015 around 19:54

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

She nods in agreement, “Straight shot for it. Quiet until we can’t.” She shrugs. Seems simple enough to her.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

Becky looks at the needler for several seconds before she, grudgingly, puts one of her guns away and takes it. She mutters under her breath about it, but does take it.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

<<Let's take a looksie, then! I'm ready for anything.>> Amaya smiles at her compatriots.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Returning back to the concept of the marching order, it will be critically important in the next update to restate who is responsible for what. If you encounter armed guards, how are you going to disable them? What if you encounter a civilian scientist or other noncombatant? Be sure to clearly label who is responsible for what duties and once there's a finalized plan I'll move forward with the next update. Suggested format should be something like this:

Jaylene: On point, use Knife/16 to take out nearest guard; Stealth/15
Nanako: Middle, Rifle/14 (burst fire) if someone notices her; Stealth/14
etc.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

A moment later she adds: <<If anyone gets spotted and, like, a gun's on them or something, I can take care of it. Mm, also, keep an eye out for any officers! I can talk them into helping us get around their base. Okay, besides that… guess I'll be in the back keeping us all in sync!>>

Position rear: Tactics-14 to coordinate our movement; Fast-Talk-16 & Aspect-17 if herself or a nearby teammate gets spotted and put in a compromising position; same skills for spotting an enemy officer; Stealth-13

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

<<Gotcha. I'll try and stop anyone from radioing in or triggering any alarms if I can help it.>>

Steve: Middle, Dampen/15 to stop anyone using a radio or trying to trip an alarm; Stealth/11

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
Jaylene: On Point and operating silently as much as possible. Fast Draw (Knife)/16 and Knife/16 if she needs to stab someone. Stealth/20 for general movement. Guns 22 if somehow our cover is blown and everything goes to hell for the Storm Carbine.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

She stretches her arms and stifles a yawn.
Guess I’ll hang out at the back, watching our behinds. Stealth – 13, 17 vs. Visual detection. Fast-Draw Pistol – 14, Magnum Pistol – 14 if the target is far away. Prefer to run at someone and grab or punch em with Judo or Karate. Or most ideally, trust Nanako to convince them we’re not important.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

Becky will be behind Jaylene but ahead of everyone else, needler at the ready, however much she dislikes it. She will use it to drop anyone who notices them but isn't taken down by Jaylene, using however many needles she can fire in one burst, after taking the time to HUD link it properly. Guns (Pistol) effectively 20, Stealth/15.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Standing orders have been acknowledged - watch this space for the next update, since it will take some time to write up (ETA tomorrow night US time).

1200- TIGER COMPOUND - AAA COMPLEX 1F

Insert BGM

After reforming their group and discussing the plan of attack, a quick pause for eating some Nutri-Sticks gave everybody the appropriate refreshment as they opened the door to the internal structure.

It's clean - far cleaner than might be expected for a jungle environment, but likely a byproduct of chambered entry/exit points. A Tiger soldier nearby has enough time to lock eyes with Jaylene as one gloved hand wraps around his mouth, the other driving a knife into his throat. He goes limp as the rest file in, and among the discarded wrappers of a timely lunch goes another casualty, hidden as Nanako closes the door behind her. Clean, discrete.

The HUD displays the shortest path. Straight ahead. Left turn. Right turn. Thirty paces. Two guard patrol from behind - Mary easily grabs one and goes for the takedown. Lights out. Nanako's all over the other one, who keeps on going with a few whispers. Another body to shove into a nearby empty room. Hallways full of blue-white lights illuminating rooms with thick windows looking inside. White coats with blue gloves and masks in clean rooms working on something. Lots of them. Lost in the work, no attention paid to the commandos.

Jaylene's guidance gets them past the numerous cameras that would have normally given them away to some. No problem. A quick wrinkle - something new that isn't on the map - a checkpoint of guards at the front of the elevator shaft. There's no way around a direct assault, but it is quick, merciless. One guard goes for the radio, which suddenly turns off. Another readies his gun, only to have needles stick into his arm and face. He slumps behind the desk quietly. A third gets to his feet, knife in hand, but he finds his arm dislocated and his right leg bending the wrong way. Mary shoves the weight of her boot down on his kneecap, and his arm is wrenched in the wrong direction with a whimper.

The guard on comms, stunned at the sudden assault, opens his mouth to shout before Mary's index and middle finger grabs one side of it in a fish hook. He starts looking for the panic button. He finds Nanako's bare hand instead - panic turns to complacency. Access card acquired.

The elevator opens smoothly with a swipe. The researchers working nearby are wearing welding masks. Complicated machinery lowers from the ceiling to arc weld an arm to a shoulder, causing a hand - human? - to twitch before going still. No head. Cybernetic experiment. Curious items in opaque green jars shaped like pulpy little nightmares. One room's windows suddenly become plastered with a red mist before being wiped clean by an automated squeegee. Nobody's in the room.

The elevator door rotates back into place and shuts.

No problem.

Everybody gains 2 CP for planning out their contingencies well. This will be a potential recurring award as long as the team continues to plan appropriately for future operations.

aldantefax fucked around with this message at Nov 18, 2015 around 01:19

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1210 - TIGER COMPOUND - ELEVATOR

The elevator's a piece of work. A large cylindrical tube reinforced with several layers of woven plastic and steel alloys easily enough to fit 24 people at a go in there, this was definitely meant for loading and unloading of a lot of personnel - it makes sense, given the choke point nature of it. A clear strip provides a view into the operations floor that is on the other side of the complex. It's in full steam - noncombatants are milling about in large number in various uniforms, forming up and taking in new instructions before rapidly dispersing. A four story projection shows the general area with the identified Chinese decoy forces are expected to come in - two contacts in the jungle about 60 kilometers and moving with each tick. Those must be the Battle Frames that Peregrine mentioned in the briefing. Preliminary forces in the area have begun engaging, but their transponders blip and disappear rapidly as the Frames continue, apparently uninterrupted. Targeting cursors projecting from various areas around Bali show the firing arcs of the numerous AAA installations in the area. With the number training towards the Chinese air force, they'll easily be shot to shreds with all manner of flak, high rate of fire mass drivers, surface to air missiles, and all other manner of exciting countermeasure.

In the elevator, it is quiet. As heavily fortified as it is, it's slow going.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
"That went exceptionally well. Good work team." Jaylene says as they ride the elevator up to the 3rd floor as she looks out towards the ops floor. "These guys sure are busy. Looks like those Frames are fragging everything in sight. And that AA net, yeah I don't envy the Air Force. Lets make sure we frag it up but good. Mary I'm gonna go straight for the fishbowl where all the brass are looking down at the worker bees from. You wanna come with or handle the floor before we move onto the holding cells?"

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

She shifts her weight repeatedly – the rush to the elevator had left her tuned up, ready to go. This is what she does, what she’s trained for. Her shoulders tense and relax with her breathes, muscles primed and ready. Her eyes are off looking somewhere else when Jay’s question pulls her back to the present, “I’ll handle the crowd – don’t have too much fun without me.” Still mostly happy with her fists, she does pull her PDW up by the strap, checking the slide action and readying it for use.

Nodding back to the others, “If you get access to comms outside – think about letting the Chinos know that the Tigers know they’re coming. Least we can do for our clients.”

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

"Do your best!" Amaya chirps at the veteran duo. The operator adjusts her visor to zoom in on the Tiger Army's operations. "Mm… should have enough time to warn them," she responds to Mariana before glancing at Steve, "But it'll, like, be his call, I think."

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

<<Why's it my call, I thought you were in charge? Are you in charge? I'm not actually very clear on chain of command. This is... probably not the best time to bring that up, I guess.>> Steve shifts his tools around, and tries to remember their route. <<Eh, I'll figure it out. Either way, warning the client is a good call. I'll work on that, but we gotta reach the fourth floor first.>>

<<Is it Jay? Mary? Oh, god, it's not Beck, right?>>

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

She giggles a bit; "I delegate, silly."

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

She snorts, “Right.” She pats Nanako on the head with one big, gloved hand, “Take these, poco cacique.” Her other hand offers up three of the small bars of plastic explosive and a detonator, “Push the little pin in, run away, press button. In case Steve’s takin’ too long with the AA.”

Here, have three pounds of Plastex B + a detonator.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

"Eh… okay," she murmurs and blinks in response to her gifts.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

"I'm not in charge of the mission. What I'm in charge of is keeping you alive. I tell you to do something, you do it because of that." Becky looks at the needler. "Which reminds me - you can have this back. I doubt we'll saty quiet long once we hit our floor. Especially if you head for the command room. Those sons of bitches die if we're doing our jobs right." She cracks her neck, one foot tapping to some beat in her head. The fight is coming.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


I will be on vacation until Monday.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1215 - TIGER COMPOUND - ELEVATOR, 3F

The elevator smoothly decelerates to a halt at the third floor. The lights for the fourth floor appear to be out in the elevator's control panel. Nanako takes a look into the operations floor from her vantage point in greater detail. Each station appears to be responsible for a region of the AA mapped out in the grid - a five person team with an NCO and artillery operators per grid. It's a fairly broad mesh, and they're clearly busy. Even knowing the decoy strategy, they are well aware what will happen if any support gets to those Youxia Frames, so 100% neutralization is not just the ideal situation, but practically mandatory. The perks of being well entrenched on the island since the end of the last war affords this level of organization - other teams are executing deep recon sweeps in the south and east, along which Nanako can see their method of entry was. There's someone on the floor on a raised platform overseeing the operations, who is currently on a landline call with someone. Who, though, is not immediately clear, at least, not until he sets the phone down.

He waves at the other staff in the hot cube with him and he gets on the intercom. Red and yellow lights appear along the ceiling and walls and the lights go up. The massive tactical display switches to designate a new alert status - Roger-Alpha-Foxtrot-Twenty-Three. Hostile - armed personnel - tactical operations force in compound. All armed personnel in base to report to battle stations and prepare for incursion and to report in immediately.

Along the left side of the tactical display, twenty squads light up as Tiger Army soldiers begin to report in. Well trained, but a bit late. The light show and signage displays in the elevator as well.

The blast doors to the third floor from the elevator shaft rotate and slide open, only to reveal a stack of armed men and women opening fire into the elevator, full automatic. A grenade rolls in, too, right next to Mary's feet.

Show time! Despite the gunfire, Nanako's planning has everybody in cover and ready for it. The small wrinkle is the frag grenade at Mary's foot - she can do what she likes with it, but it has maybe two or three rounds worth before it detonates. Post your speed values and what you're doing when the gunfire stops, which will be in about three seconds. You don't have a clear idea of your opposition forces yet.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

Amaya draws her petite pistol after ducking for cover! She then cautiously pops her head up and down to scrutinize the enemy forces.

Basic Speed 6.00: Fast Draw (Pistol)-13; Soldier/TL9^-15; Vision-18?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

“Down.” Grinning through gritted teeth as the door opens, her response is simple – she draws back her leg and swings the toe of her boot forward, punting the small cylindrical grenade back into the midst of the assembling Tiger Army.

¡Venceremos!

In the wake of her kick, she strides out of the elevator into the open, standing her ground firm, raising her PDW and spraying bullets across Tiger Army’s firing line, then clenches her jaw, prepares her kinetic defenses for the returned grenade’s explosion, any returning fire and the blast from Jaylene’s round.

Base Speed 7.00
If only I’d put points in futbol. I did some googling and there’s actually a lot of threads about ‘kicking a grenade in GURPS. But regardless, Mariana is trained in kicking and has some good heavy boots, so shouldn’t encounter too many problems
Going with this post, Mary would be kicking at Karate + 0
without doing an All Out Attack (Determined), because she is using Karate instead of DX and has the Kicking technique, so that’s Karate – 15.
Then damage is 3d-1 (ST15 + 2 for kickin’), but will be making it Focused Fury (which makes it Mighty Blows + All Out Attack (Strong)) so it’s 3d+5, just to make sure I get enough distance on the grenade so it’s not gonna blow us up.
If that grenade blast kills anyone, I’d like to make use of my Deadly Pose perk and make a Free Intimidation-13 Roll (+1 to +4 for displays of strength or bloodthirstiness, -1 per 5 soldiers, though)

Second Action: Suppressing Fire (from the book, pg. 409), at SMG - 14. Since my SMG has a ROF of 10, I can split it into 5 shots in one area and 5 shots in another, to suppress two different 2-yard areas of Tigers. RoF 10, Rcl - 2, Standard Ammo so Dmg is 4d pi-. (If, for some reason, suppressing fire kills anyone, Deadly Pose as above)

Third Action: All Out Defense. Unsure if I can apply the +2 to my PK Shield as an Active Defense roll, but if not, then just put it on Dodge? PK Shield - 11 (13 if All Out Defense applies), DR +4 from PK Shield if it succeeds. DR +1 vs. Crushing. (Note those aren't 'armor', they're just DR, so armor divisors don't apply). Then she has armor from her body armor. See muh sheet on the first page.

Poke me for questions.

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at Dec 5, 2015 around 01:30

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.


Steve

Steve panics and fumbles for his rifle in the cramped elevator, diving out of the way of the numerous bullets and possible explosion. It is as effective as it sounds. <<AHHH! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DIDN'T WANT!>>

Base Speed 6.00, moving toward cover, readying his assault carbine, and taking aim at whoever's in the front.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at Dec 1, 2015 around 22:48

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Mechanical note: Each combat round in GURPS is one second. Thus, with three seconds of action time, you have three actions, effectively, which can be combined with movement. Don't think you're limited to only one action - in Steve's case, above, reading his carbine still only counts as one action. Fast-draw reduces your ready action to 0 seconds, making it instantaneous! I will update shortly with visual information for Nanako's interest in a moment.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

Becky has been ready for this - she got her guns out in the elevator, in case of trouble. She had her music going. And when the reports start to show up on the elevator's lights, she is ready. The doors open, the grenades roll in, and Becky starts singing to herself, her music turning on. Her expression isn't even a smile - her eyes are cold and dead, and she's just quietly singing.

"It's a little bit funny," she steps out of the elevator and heads for cover, two guns raised. Pick two men, pull the triggers once each.

Base speed 6, but Light Encrumbrance. Action 1: Move and shoot. Dual Weapon Attack base 16+1 for laser sight+1 for program, no Acc bonus due to move+attack rather than just attack, but still no Bulk penalty. Rolls twice, each hits on 18. Each aimed at a seperate person. APHEX ammo, so 4d+1 pi+++, armor divisor 2(? it might be 3, not sure), plus an extra internal explosion as per GURPS Ultratech p. 152. Ammo 9 left in each gun. Aiming center mass.

"This feeling inside..." Two more soldiers picked, two more trigger pulls. Her expression never changes, dead-eyed as ever. Her singing isn't terrible, but the calm, almost emotionless tone never wavers.

Action 2: Shoot. Dual Weapon Attack 16+2 as before+2 acc+1 acc from HUD link. So 21. Ammo 8 per gun. Center mass unless the two before survived, in which case head.

"I'm not one of those who can easily hide..." Two more soldiers, two more trigger pulls.

Action 3: Shoot. Dual Weapon Attack, 21. Ammo 7 left per gun. Still targeting as above.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at Dec 3, 2015 around 05:44

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Jaylene
"gently caress YOU!" Jaylene shouts at the gunners pinning them down as she returns fire, firing a HE grenade into the pack of Tiger Army soldiers to return the favor. The moment it hits, she's on the moving running and gunning.


Base Speed 7, 4 after Medium encumberance I wanna say after calculating it as such.
Total Weight Carried: 65.4lb (Medium Encumbrance up to 72lb: Basic Move * 0.6 & -2 to Dodge

Action 1a (Do not use if it'll hurt the team): ATTACK the soldiers suppressing the elevator a HE grenade from the underbarrel w/Grenade Launchers 18+1 for Laser Sight Accuracy 5+2. Intention is to catch as many enemies with one shot as possible. If in doubt, guy with the biggest gun as a gently caress you.
Action 1b (Alternate): ATTACK the soldiers suppressing the elevator with the storm carbine w/Rifles 22+1 for Laser SIght. Accuracy 5+2

Action 2a (If suppressing fire has died down some): MOVE AND ATTACK with the storm carbine. Nearest viable target. Rifles 22+1 for Laser Sight -4 for Bulk=19. Jaylene will move to the nearest cover or if no cover is available, move towards the enemy while firing.
Action 2b (Alternate): ATTACK the soldiers suppressing the elevator with the storm carbine w/Rifles 22+1 for Laser SIght. Accuracy 5+2

Action 3a: MOVE AND ATTACK with the storm carbine. Nearest viable target. Rifles 22+1 for Laser Sight -4 for Bulk=19. Jaylene will move towards the enemy while attacking unless incoming fire is prohibitive. If an opportunity for a good HE grenade shots presents itself she will take it at 15 (includes modifiers)

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

121518- TIGER COMPOUND - ELEVATOR, 3F

As soon as the gunfire stops, Mary's boot shoves the grenade back down the hallway into what appear to be some hastily erected fortifications. There is a pause in the action as the grenade makes that distinctive sound, followed by people diving away from the source during and after its subsequent explosion. Jaylene throws a grenade of her own down the way for good measure, cooked properly thanks to the fact it's coming from a launcher (as opposed to whoever threw the grenade into the elevator). It lands somewhere in the vicinity behind the firing lines, but it's difficult to determine just how much damage it caused. It's enough to cause the suppression fire coming down the FALCON team's way to stop, allowing Jaylene and Becky move up as Mary begins to lay down some covering fire of her own.

Nanako watches carefully from a covered position next to Steve. From what it looks like, there appears to be more than a few Tiger soldiers holed up with some preparation time, but their luck's against them as the hallway they were shooting down has now become the home of two very recent grenade blasts. There isn't much time to process the information - as soon as Nanako gets a count, it drops as Becky starts sinking bullets into other people as they try to return fire. Jaylene marks her own targets and lights them up - combined with Mary's spray of covering fire, the rest of the Tiger soldiers have been driven back into hiding under a cloud of debris. Any sensitive instrumentation down the way into what must be a room is likely inoperable at this point - flashes of high voltage electricity send bluish-white flashes through the shitstorm that just transpired.

There must have been at least two squads worth stacked up ready to open fire. However, once the smoke clears, none appear to be left in fighting condition. Explosives and bullets have made sure of that.

The coast appears to be clear - for now - and in a quick red three seconds no more gunfire appears to be coming back down the corridor. It seems safe to move up to the barricades.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

Stalking forward, she casually begins to reload her submachine gun, eyes stinging with the familiar mix of dust and smoke. Casting a tall shadow down the corridor, she advances on the barricades, barrel drifting across the downed combatants, “¡Tiren sus armas! आत्मसमर्पण!” Barking again, she calls out, “Drop it!” Someone moves in a way that displeases her and is welcomed to a three round burst from her PDW.

Without further threats, she cranes her neck, looking to the others behind her, “Nobody hurt?” The small abrasions on her cheek already smooth over and she motions down the hall with a hand, “More holed up inside, could be. Should root ‘em out before they get dug in, ay? Secure the floor then we move with the plan.” Almost too chipper, she heads down the hall, probably less concerned with the prospect of running headlong into the Tigers than she oughta be.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

"I don't have much money, but..." Becky continues to quietly sing to herself, smiling faintly. Almost cheery, until you look at the dead, cold eyes. She quickly checks the corpses for signs of life with a kick - the ones that aren't obviously dead, anyway. "Boy, if I did, I'd buy a big house where, we both could live..."

She looks up briefly, and nods. "I'm down with clearing if that's where we go with this." She's not the planner. She executes plans, that's all. She quickly goes back to her quiet singing, quickly popping her magazines to replace them with full ones - a habit of hers during any break in the action, to avoid ever being caught with her pants down.

"If I was a sculptor, but then again, no, or a man who makes potions, in a travelling show...I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do...my gift is my song and, this one's for you..."

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

She follows the others while keeping her sidearm at the ready. "Let's do it!" Amaya chirps in affirmation.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

1220 - TIGER COMPOUND - CHECKPOINT, 3F

Mary's commands to the soldiers end in gunfire for some, and regrettable disarmament for others. Nobody knows what Tiger Army policy is like to lay down arms before the enemy, but if their policy on deserters is any indication, there's a good chance the people that actually walk away from this may not be walking away from their superiors once they get back to India (if that, even).

The barricades give way to a strong room that has seen better days. Thanks to the explosion in close quarters most instrumentation is busted or otherwise not powered, likely due to a failsafe to prevent overloads. A map behind some scorched perspex in the far wall details in print what the FALCON team already knows in digital form. There are some differences - likely they may have been blueprints or from a time before the current iteration of the base - but it contains nothing of particular value.

Ahead, there are some additional turns where the hallways fork towards the holding cells for high value targets, as well as further in to the glass box that comprises the main war room overlooking the operations floor. Access to the fourth floor would have to go through there, but making contact with the person they were supposed to extract may mean it is worth taking a look into the HVT cells.

Mary heads down the hallway first to the T juncture. The door ahead to the war room is, most predictably, closed. Likely a keycard or maybe just forcibly opening it would do. The hallway leading to the HVT cells also leads to the auxiliary elevator to get down to the operations floor. A trap is likely waiting - two or even three squads at a barricade was not out of the ordinary for her. Operational experience suggests there is Something Big waiting around the corner, but which corner and what that thing is? Who knows.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~


Nanako Amaya

"Okay, so… any ideas on getting inside their war room?" she asks her squad upon reaching the checkpoint. The girl soon glances at them and adds, "Then we can, like, divide and conquer!"

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006



Mary

Nanako looks around for ideas, and Mariana comes out of combat mode long enough to shrug sort of lamely, “Blow it up?” She, in turn, passes a look down to Steve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Becky

"And you can tell everybody, this is your song. It may be quiiite simple, but, now that it's done..." Becky looks up, pausing her song. She looks down at the disarming soldiers, and thinks about offering to shoot them, decides against it. "I'm using APHEX rounds, so...if you get me a keyhole, I can blow it out." This is probably not nearly as good an idea as it sounds, and it doesn't sound good. She twirls her pistols idly, humming and then singing again. "I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down innnn woooords...how wonderful life is...while you're in the world..."

  • Locked thread