Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So did I die by my own hand or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah you ended up being bus drove back to yourself

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I received 4 actions last night

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kashuno posted:

Yeah you ended up being bus drove back to yourself

haha can't wait to see the actions from that night

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
So did scum win or?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
If they did I would like to claim this victory by instilling enough apathy in everyone and then arguing with the mod.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I sent in a night action. On Tomm, the godfather. Sigh.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

spacing in vienna posted:

I sent in a night action. On Tomm, the godfather. Sigh.

:3:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I sent in an action and I led the town to a draw, the best outcome we really could have gotten at this point.

Town MVP right here

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

jon joe posted:

So did scum win or?

How could scum win when they are dead?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

How could scum win when they are dead?

Scum have an action, the NK.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I believe a mandatory overrides that

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

also is your scumkill some kind of shared ability that you would presumably be able to use as well as an action? Is it a factional kill? Have you at any point used one of the voted actions while also using the NK?

some pretty poor rules lawyering there jj

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
why do we all care about who won this

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is very important to JJ and myself, rivals. the rest of you can move on if you want

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Have you at any point used one of the voted actions while also using the NK?

Nope! As per mod rules.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is very important to JJ and myself, rivals. the rest of you can move on if you want

We're too friendly to be rivals. We are more like competing friends.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I believe a mandatory overrides that

Then nobody wins, if that's the case.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
But scum win because:

Kashuno posted:

JJ has a point. It would be considered a scum victory at this point then since all scum has to do is NK anyone.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It's important for my ~stats~, man

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

It's important for my ~stats~, man

I think at one point the mafia thread was contemplating mafia fantasy player drafting.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ah, but Kashuno can be swayed by the midday breeze, he earlier said nobody wins. I think mandatory is important, because you don't choose your role, just which action you take. To me, Mandatory would mean that you must make the choice to kill yourself.

I believe I was the person who came up with this role so really, I should know

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Ah, but Kashuno can be swayed by the midday breeze, he earlier said nobody wins. I think mandatory is important, because you don't choose your role, just which action you take. To me, Mandatory would mean that you must make the choice to kill yourself.

I believe I was the person who came up with this role so really, I should know

To me, mandatory means you must perform the action if it is your only action, or the action you choose. This logic works like this:

Imagine you have two boxes, box A and box B. They each have a sign that you must obey if you pick the box. Furthermore, there is a general sign that says "You cannot make no choice, default to A if no choice is made". Box A's sign says "open the box", Box B's sign says "open the box or do not, your choice". Box A is the mandatory self-vig and Box B is the other role power, in this case the mafia kill. If Box B is chosen, Box A's sign does not apply. By this logic, scum could also perform no night kill and hypothetically still win, so long as one member said "I am using the nightkill over the mandatory self-vig, targetting nobody." since nobody is a valid target for the vig. If, on the other hand, no submission is made, the default is box A, because you cannot make no choice.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MY only point of difference is that I don't think the sign on each box only applies if you pick it. In fact for a more accurate comparison, I'd say every night you're handed two boxes without instructions and on this night one of the boxes says "you must open this box"

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MY only point of difference is that I don't think the sign on each box only applies if you pick it. In fact for a more accurate comparison, I'd say every night you're handed two boxes without instructions and on this night one of the boxes says "you must open this box"

"You must open this box" only applies if you pick that box. Don't pick the box and you don't need to open it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also in the box is a jester sooo

I'm mildly amused my case about mags hitting met for getting a low contest score was partially true

get well soon mags

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
merk I'm sorry for telling you to replace into this game without telling you what it was.

I know you normally never would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Gosh! How mean to yourself.

• Locked thread