Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
signing up with hopes we can troll the mod by voting roles that do nothing but prevent the advancement of this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
halfway through the game we should all vote for resurection power roles, so we can pull a nightmare on elm street 1 and bring everyone back from the dead

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote asiina

I will also hammer so i blow up

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Im auditioning to be the new pinesol lady

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Mods change my name to Jim Bob Cooter

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
since i am featured in the comic i have no choice

##vote magnus

perhaps if the other jesters vying to be lynched also chronicle some of my capers I could be swayed

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
just vote for magnus the only one who actually depicted a true story

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
role vote for tomorrow: Stump

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya go vote yourself anon

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
VOTE STUMP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Stump 2016

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Or Governor

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm voting stump

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id vote mandatory suicide vig as well

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

Also, was thinking about something. Presumably townies would be the ones pushing for a jester self-lynch, while scum would avoid it so as to not screw over their scumbuddies, right?

Player List:
AnonymousNarcotics - obviously pushed to win the GET LYNCHED contest
Asiina - obviously fake scumclaimed
Birdstrike - signed up & participated in the GET LYNCHED contest, offered to hammer/suicide
HiipFire - signed up for the GET LYNCHED contest, never participated...
JakeP - offered to hammer at one point
jon joe - suspiciously excluded from MMM's contest by being a judge, swapped out after I called it out
Kumbamontu - also obviously fake scumclaimed
Magnus Gallant - signed up & participated in the GET LYNCHED contest
Met - pushed for town to coordinate role votes rather than letting scum control it
MMM Whatchya Say - ran the GET LYNCHED contest while excluding himself from proceedings
Podima - superheroes can't be scum, duh
Poison Mushroom - pretty low content so far, neutral
spacing in vienna - effortposted for the GET LYNCHED contest, fakeclaimed as scum
TMMadman - :shrug: don't see much here
Tommunist - effortposted for the GET LYNCHED contest

At this point I'm most suspicious of HiipFire, jon joe, MMM, and maybe TMM?

lol look at this guy actually playing mafia in this game loving lmao

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
vote stump

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
bus driver sucks it doesn't prevent us from doing anything tomorrow, at least suicide vig lets us all die together in harmony

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
should have lynched asiina instead of anon so we dont have to listen to her terrible ideas

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im roleplaying as a stump

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote tmmadman for caring about this game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
but moreso because he is looking for an excuse that has nothing to do with alignment to vote jonjoe at a later point

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

The Simpsons is the best. I wish it was cheap to own all the seasons on dvd.

I agree. The older seasons are really stupid and bad but the last 10 years or so have been comedy gold, and just classic television in general

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id say ever since they kiled off stupid unfunny characters like troy mcclure the show started to find its bearings

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The Simpsons Movie was by far better than any Simpsons episode in the entire shows run.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The Simpsons would have been remembered as a good to great show if it didn't happen to run during the same period of time as the far superior Family Guy, which was only outshined by its own spinoff The Cleveland Show

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Top 5 Spinoffs of all time

1. Cleveland Show (Family Guy)- Obvious choice, one of the greatest TV shows in TV history
2. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (Toddlers in Tiaras) The ultimate toddler in Tiara. Learn to be a couponer, and enjoy the antics of Americas favorite family
3. Snooki & JWoww (Jersey Shore) The most intelligent characters from the most important reality TV show of our generation continue their capers together as they pontificate on the importants of Laundry Tanning and the Gym
4. The Steve Wilkos Show (Jerry Springer) STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE
5. Frasier (Cheers) Only including this because I can't think of a 5th. Cheers was a really bad show about substance abusers that neglect their families. In the shows defense, Frasier and Lilith are now divorced as a result of Frasiers rampant alcoholism showing how reckless and intolerable the cast of Cheers actually was. Show is also good because it made it far less likely that less interesting characters like Norm would get a spinoff.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You're right my bad. Joey just barely edges out Frasier for the 5th spot

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

I think he'd be less likely to care as scum because he knows he won't be killed during the night.

These days wouldn't be empty if people were putting in effort and I'm not about to do all the work in a thread anymore. It just takes too much energy and it's very draining. However I care about the game and want to win so I'll be putting forth some effort.

While I don't think scum jesters would want to be voted off, I'm sure that there were also several town players who didn't want to get voted out early. So that's something you should think about if you're going to look at people who might have been half assing it

this guys prolly actually scum though

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
no

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm not scum.

same

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Tmm is scum and is just trying to justify a vote however he can

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

Why do people keep signing up for games they don't care about?

Kash, can we have shorter deadlines or something?

i thought this was a gimmick game then people started taking it seriously somehow :shrug:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im glad jon joe is still alive to vote stump for tomorrow

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and like if we are pretending we are playing this game seriously why the gently caress are we voting busdriver, you people make no sense, if you are trying to win you dont vote busdriver, you vote busdriver because this is a silly gimmick game and thats a goofy role

the people pretending this is real are in this rare case most likely scum, or just dont like fun

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
basically my point is these people are faking as if they care and are trying to win for the town, while at the same time letting the players agree to vote for roles that are counter intuitive to successful town play

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Jake I think it's because people need to take it a little seriously for things to actually happen. If nobody takes it seriously then nobody posts and it isn't even fun. That's just my opinion if course but in the past when I've been in games that nobody tried in, it was boring.

I get that, but people are here basing their scum hunting on participation, and acting like people shouldn't have joined this game if they werent going to take it seriously. Meanwhile they are allowing play that does nothing to benefit the town, and just not even mentioning it at all. Like if you are going to call someone scum because they aren't participating then maybe you should have called people out day 1 when they decided to agree on Busdriver as the role every player in this game should be. It just seems like people looking for an excuse to vote for people.

Also im not submitting a busdrive action tonight because thats dumb. I am also not submitting a role vote because whatever. ##vote Stump

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

Please submit Cop.

Brutal Cop

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

I don't need a replacement

Birdstrike posted:

I don't need to post.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
brutal cop is already a mod on a cop as it is, also i voted brutal cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

Hadn't thought of a godfather. I was actually wondering if it's beneficial to no-execute today. Also, we should work out some kind of a system for who investigates whom, so we don't double up by accident.

Of course scum can withhold their cops. Hrm.

No we really shouldn't do this, scum can potentially organize their night actions to do damage control

• Locked thread