Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Klaus88 posted:

I'm gonna be that guy, the guy who points out that there was no timeline where the U.S. ends up invaded and occupied, outside of time travels, magic, or scifi tech so advanced it might as well be magic. :jerkbag:
[while watching star wars] Fake. Fake. This could never happen. Fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

This show is dope but Frank Frink is a stupid name
He was Frank Fink in the book (but called himself Frink to hide his Jewish roots) so it's not so bad.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

This has been quoted already so I'm thirding the sentiment. One of my friends said it feels like a BBC drama inspired by a book. The dialogue just doesn't have that secret sauce of realistic human interaction. So many scenes that made me go "They went with that take?"

I love the premise, though.
Funny thing, it was originally gonna be a four-episode BBC show that would have culminated in Juliana and Joe meeting Hawthorne Abendsen before that fell through and it got shopped to SyFy. Which also fell through.

I can't find anything indicating how popular this show is. I'll be gutted if it doesn't get at least one more season :(

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

feedmegin posted:

Fun fact, in the book the man in the high castle is Hitler. And you never get to see him either (or even be on the same continent as him).
Things that are neither fun nor factual do not count as fun facts.

• Locked thread