Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Binged thru to e7 yesterday. Kind of wish they did not drop the whole season in our laps all at once. Doesnt make for decent discussion about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, I finished the season and rushed to catch up with the thread, only to find out that's it's terrible because some guy is upset that the show doesn't go out of its way and break immersion by adding reminders that the Nazis were bad people. Jesus Christ, turn off your drat computer please, you aren't good at watching shows.

Whatever, I liked the season at least.

Same. The handwringing is delicious in here.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A typical viewer lives in a country that elected Donald Trump president :whitewater:

This pretty much encapsulates why you just landed in my ignore list.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 23, 2016

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Vanderdeath posted:

Rufus Sewell is a great actor and a fantastically creepy looking human being.

I would love to see him and Christopher Walken do a movie together.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I was thinking about the American Reich on this show, and it occurs to me that seeing nothing but white people around kind of makes me nervous. (I live in Chicago.) I'm a straight white cis male, but I like to think I'm an empathic person. Nazi Life on this show makes me very nervous, and I think that is the intended result.

:psyduck:

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 26, 2016

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Lilikoi posted:

Finished the season last night and Smith and Kido are the only characters in the show who aren't idiots. But at least Juliana improved, while Joe continues to bore the poo poo out of me. I swear that actor only has one expression.

And I hope that by the time Smith is back in NY his kid is already dead. It would be such bullshit otherwise and I really want to see what happens to Smith after he realizes how mindfucked his son was by the Reich to do what he did.

I hope we see more of USGI Smith next season.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Yeah I said something along these lines and got a :psyduck: response.

You wrote:

I was thinking about the American Reich on this show, and it occurs to me that seeing nothing but white people around kind of makes me nervous. (I live in Chicago.) I'm a straight white cis male, but I like to think I'm an empathic person. Nazi Life on this show makes me very nervous, and I think that is the intended result.

Observing something and giving a mental "oh yeah" nod is one thing. A TV show's portrayal of the third reich making you "very nervous" is absolutely handwringingly :psyduck:.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Shbobdb posted:

Person living in a white enclave spotted.

I lived in Pittsburgh for 30 odd years. :shrug:
Are white people in large numbers scary? (Because I now live in Utah so need to know if I should be "very nervous" or not)

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Being freaked out by a sudden lack of diversity is a thing. The first three months or so after I moved from Philly to South Dakota I would feel 'wrong' in local crowds. It happens less frequently now but I am still quietly :unsmith: whenever I see non-white folk around town.

Maybe I am just not all that hung up on race. :shrug:

edit: :shrug:

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 29, 2016

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Lycus posted:

You should know by now that big threads on TVIV are bad news. Small threads are the ones to be excited about.

In fairness to the size, this thread covers both seasons.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Lilikoi posted:

Annoying Resistance Failure Frank Frink is dead, but I'm sure we're gonna see Alternate Frank Frink in S3. Hopefully he's less of an rear end in a top hat.

Quite FRANKLY, I am uncertain how lively he'd be, what with the bullet hole in the back of his head and all...

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 5, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Lilikoi posted:

I thought bullet hole Frank was from a different world, not ours, since if he was from our world he would have been a kid when WW2 was going on.

Dunno. I haven't kept track of if the alternate twins were actually from precisely the same period of time. I have been watching too much Dr Who and I lose track. :ohdear:

Which alternate reality of the others was USGI Smith? Not much discussion happened about that and I am honestly surprised. Was a neat little twist. Almost makes me wonder if It might have somehow been a plot twist where Nazi Smith actually started out as a USGI and covertly infiltrated his way into the Reich. I mean they showed DC get nuked and wouldn't that be in the same universe as Nazi Smith? It would really make sense with how him and his wife speak of things like their son and such. There seemed to be a bit of nudge nudge wink wink between him and his wife that might lend itself to this. It's way out there, but I would entertain the possibility. I mean the guy really plays the long game that we've seen.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
People assume that the John Smith in the US uniform that saw the DC nuke was the same timeline as John Smith: Groopiehooplefurry.

• Locked thread