Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
ep 2: Now, did the undercover Nazi go to save Juliana because the film immediately filled him with the spirit of Uncle Sam and he doesn't want to be a Nazi anymore, or did he just do it because he has a crush on her and is later gonna try to convince her to become a Nazi? I got the impression at the time that it's the former, but the latter would be way more interesting to me.

Frank. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They don't have to experiment, Amazon originally did weekly releases. They switched to all-at-once.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

This season would've been so much better if it had ended with Juliana killing Joe instead of saving him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

JetsGuy posted:

JFK was assassinated.

You're posting from another timeline, aren't you?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Season 2 will be original material? Why oh why didn't the show kill off Joe at the end? Going into Season 2 could've been so much better.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I noticed that in a bar scene in the first episode and figured that Juliana really, really hated DJ Qualls.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kaesarsosei posted:

I'm hoping/expecting their feedback from Season 1 will tell them this and drive them towards featuring Smith and the Japanese guy a lot more in Season 2.

And Joe's boat suddenly sinks.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YekQIyZdmVo

Did not know it'd feel so good that next season is getting close!

"Oh wait, I haven't seen Joe yet. Did they actually cut Joe from the sh- gently caress! There's Joe."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I just discovered this show and can't believe how good it is. Oh cool there's a pretty big thread about it, can't wait to read it and....

:yikes:

You should know by now that big threads on TVIV are bad news. Small threads are the ones to be excited about.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Regarding Smith, I took it to be flashbacks of the show's reality, not an alternate one with regard to his service in the US Army. He was part of the US Army that got it's rear end kicked by the Japanese, as alluded to when Chief Inspector asked him about his medal. I could see an American of the 1940s having fought the Japanese regardingthe Nazis as the lesser of two evils pretty easily. He felt his American commanders failed him and saw throwing in the Nazis as his last chance to beat the Japanese.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Smith was a US soldier that joined the SS after the US surrendered, then rose up the ranks. I'm betting that a lot of Americans in the interior resisted the surrender and Smith fought against them, and that's how he befriended Wegener.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Smith is totally gonna be the main protagonist in S3. Surely, the writers have picked up that he's the fan favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think I would've loved Juliana's storyline with a more energetic​ actress.

• Locked thread