Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Finished the show. Some thoughts:

-I don't read sci-fi and I'm really disappointed that it looks like the show involves alternate universes. That 100% less interesting than a straight up alternative history.

-Juliana is an idiot and Joe is boring. How many times did she make an awful decision that screwed things up for everyone else?

-As usual, the villainous characters were more interesting than the heroes. The show did a great job making you root for Literally Hitler and then regret it. The high-level machinations to avoid war were way more interesting than anything involving White Love Triangle.

I don't think this was bad per se but I'm not sure if I'll watch the second season if the show goes full on weird sci-fi from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Joe needs to make up his drat mind because he's trying to have it both ways.

He's too boring to be a leading man and not hard-edged enough to be believable as a Nazi. What motivates him to work for the government in the first place. Patriotism? Racism? We have no idea because he never displays emotions of any kind.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I still don't know what Joe's world view is, and not in a "what an intriguing mystery" kind of way.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Dropping Jules, Joe and Frank entirely for the next season would be the smartest move they could make.

Frank's actions make some kind of sense. His girlfriend hung him out to dry, he's suffering severe PTSD, etc.

• Locked thread